Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spec Ops: The Line

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 26, 2012

Spec Ops: The Line is a narrative-driven modern military third-person shooter set in Dubai during the aftermath of a series of destructive sandstorms.

why the game look better on youtube

• 93 results
    RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Nothing could make Spec Ops look good.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By fattony12000

What is YouTube?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By AhmadMetallic

The thought is consuming the OP, he can't stOP. 

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By handlas

...wha...

Regardless of the silly thread I dont agree with Jeff's opinion that the game looks ugly. Looks pretty nice to me based on the demo. Tried to go pick it up last night but of course Gamestop is sold out and said they only get enough new games for preorders now. K...

CommanderZx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By CommanderZx2

This is pretty easy to understand really. Take a 1080p image and stretch it across a 50" tv, it's going to look pretty average. Now compress that same image to the size of the relatively small youtube video on a PC monitor it will look much nicer.

Games will obviously look worse the more you blow them up over a larger picture area without increasing the resolution.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Megalibra

fucking asshoeles can't notcie shit. keep on trolling ...you know what you didn't ask yourself why i bother put myself in this situation if I was not right or slightly right.

I know what am talking about and I know what am noticing, if the game was TOTALLY better on the TVs I would not post such craaap. But there is something different when games are recorded and posted I don't know the specifics of it but i know how it's different.

keep on trolling and avoid any debate which may result in something good. fucking losers and a waste of time.

If this really is an attempt to be serious it's kind of scary. Maybe instead of losing your shit and blaming everyone else you should read something.

What exactly are you trying to achieve with your nonsensical discussion? To make games look better? Here's some helpful discussion, if you want your games to look better buy a better tv and set up your console properly. The video that you linked to support your argument just serves as proof that you have a shitty setup at your house.
    Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Welding

Alright. Open that Gears of War video of yours. Now put it to Full Screen.

Does it still look better than the games you play? Does it?

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#58  Edited By Danteveli

Ok so maybe we should have all games on youtube? No more consoles and stuff and games would look better on that. I guess having game video on even smaller screen would make them better.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By IBurningStar

About every thousand years, the Mississippi River has changed course. Each Mississippi River deltaic cycle was initiated by a gradual capture of the Mississippi River by a distributary which offered a shorter and steeper route to the Gulf of Mexico. After abandonment of an older delta lobe, which would cut off the primary supply of fresh water and sediment, an area would undergo compaction, subsidence, and erosion. The old delta lobe would begin to retreat as the gulf advanced, forming bayous, lakes, bays, and sounds. The river has been diverting more of its flow to the Atchafalaya River, which branches off some 60 miles (95 km) northwest of New Orleans. In the mid-20th century, engineers observed that the Mississippi would soon abandon its current channel as the mainstream, and instead migrate to the Atchafalaya Basin.

Because there is extensive economic development along the current path of the Mississippi, and because extensive flooding and evacuation would occur in the new area, Congress instructed the Army Corps of Engineers to maintain the then-present 70% / 30% distribution of water between the Lower Mississippi and the Atchafalaya River channels, respectively. They did so by building the Old River Control Structure, which consisted of massive floodgates that could be opened and closed as needed at the entrance to the Old River. While protecting from flooding and maintaining navigation interests, these controls have straitjacketed the Mississippi River within its banks. As a result, the sediment on which the delta complex depends is shunted out to sea -- the leading driver of the region's significance land loss rates.

Exacerbating the problem are other issues, such as the vast network of shipping channels – including the Mississippi River-Gulf Outlet, the Houma Navigational Canal and the Freshwater Bayou Canal. Thousands of miles of oil and gas canals have been dug to accommodate energy infrastructure and extraction. These channels and canals alter the natural hydrology and allow saltwater to penetrate deep into the wetlands, disrupting the salinity balance and killing the vegetation of freshwater wetlands, causing them to subside underwater. Additionally, The rise in sea level has caused increased erosion, as the fresh water vegetation that previously protected against erosion dies due to the influx of salt water. Subsidence has increased. The sum of these problems mean that the Mississippi River Delta is losing its wetlands. Scientists estimate that the Mississippi River Delta loses a football field of land an hour -- over 1,900 square miles since the 1930s, roughly the size of Delaware.

The currently active lobe is called the Birdfoot (after its shape) or Balize Delta (after the first French settlement La Balize at the mouth of the river). It has been active for 600-800 years.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By laserbolts

@nintendoeats said:

@Megalibra said:

if we figure out how we make games look awsome it will be a revolution.

OH MY GOD HE'S RIGHT!

That is one of the funniest quotes I have read in quite a while. Well done megalibra.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jking47

Wait this guy is onto something. Instead of getting consoles or gaming PCs, lets just run all our games on Youtube. Looks WAY more awesome.

Megalibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Megalibra

well regarding streching the video...my answer is: I play games on a very small toshiba regza and I change the view to 4:3 aspect ratio so it becomes smaller and yet it's not close to the youtube quality.

the picture looks very good on my TVs but the feel of the motion and stress again the MOTION is so much better, I tried 3 TVs and it's all the same, am stressing on the MOTION it's just more epic on youtube. Man if only there is someone which i can show him what I mean everyone will understand ...I just can't put it in words that's my downfall.

the major problem what I want to explain is so much visual and words betray me

Sidonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Sidonic

@Megalibra said:

please get involved in this because if we figure out how we make games look awsome it will be a revolution.

No Caption Provided
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#64  Edited By jeff

Is this viral promotion for OnLive? Some sort of "video compression makes everything look better' argument?

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By stinky
    No Caption Provided

@Jeff said:

Is this viral promotion for OnLive? Some sort of "video compression makes everything look better' argument?

Megalibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Megalibra

@Jeff: no jeff am just a normal person who have deep insight and decent noticing abilities. I just became sick with the falshopes that the trailers or the videos of recorded games give when watch them BEFORE you play the actual game.

I had some people reply to me on youtube and they said they feel the same so am not playing around I know my facts

I was a pc gamer and I noticed when I record MW2 gameplay something with the motion changes, I don't who to extactly describe it but the feel of the motion is just better.

I just bought PS3 recently and I was kind of dissapointed with uncharted 2, because sadly I watched on youtube first before playing it. F.Y.I maybe the picture is not that crisp on youtube, but the feel of the camera motion is incredible on youtube.

the difference is noticable when the video is not in full screen, but also if you play a video in 720p and swtich to full screen it's noticable. another example is the cutscenes of uncharted 2 which is just a recorded gameplay but somehow the camera motion and the Focus in and out of the camera gets better in addition to that the depth of field becomes more and more epic.

one last question: how after all these years of experience with games videos and yet you not noticed even a little difference, at least admit that there is a difference so we can have a discussion better than the fiasco which happened in these posts.

Shaymarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Shaymarx

@Megalibra, you play in 4:3? That's your problem. You tube videos of captured games will be recorded in 16:9 or equivalent. The video may be posted in 4:3 afterwards be the motion as you call it is notcibly differant to a game originally played in 4:3. On a unrelated topic is English your first language?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Why the thread still go?

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By theguy

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Frag_Maniac

Graphically there's nothing YouTube makes look better, absolutely nothing. You can't get around the fact that it's Flash or HTML 5 converted to be streamed on their Tube (you saw how I did that). IF you are solely speaking of graphics, you may be deceived by the illusion of pre-production trailers. Many devs use uncompressed pristine scenes to make players THINK a game is going to look better than the final product actually does, and even with YouTube's Flash/HTML 5 conversion, it can comparatively look much better than raw gameplay footage uploaded to YouTube.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ravenlight

@Frag_Maniac said:

You can't get around the fact that it's Flash or HTML 5 converted to be streamed on their Tube.

That was masterful. Followed.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#72  Edited By Daneian

@Ravenlight said:

@Frag_Maniac said:

You can't get around the fact that it's Flash or HTML 5 converted to be streamed on their Tube.

That was masterful. Followed.

This is the linguistic equivalent of the fold-up images at the end of every issue of MAD magazine.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By killacam

@Megalibra said:

no jeff am just a normal person who have deep insight and decent noticing abilities. I just became sick with the falshopes that the trailers or the videos of recorded games give when watch them BEFORE you play the actual game.

I had some people reply to me on youtube and they said they feel the same so am not playing around I know my facts

I was a pc gamer and I noticed when I record MW2 gameplay something with the motion changes, I don't who to extactly describe it but the feel of the motion is just better.

I just bought PS3 recently and I was kind of dissapointed with uncharted 2, because sadly I watched on youtube first before playing it. F.Y.I maybe the picture is not that crisp on youtube, but the feel of the camera motion is incredible on youtube.

the difference is noticable when the video is not in full screen, but also if you play a video in 720p and swtich to full screen it's noticable. another example is the cutscenes of uncharted 2 which is just a recorded gameplay but somehow the camera motion and the Focus in and out of the camera gets better in addition to that the depth of field becomes more and more epic.

one last question: how after all these years of experience with games videos and yet you not noticed even a little difference, at least admit that there is a difference so we can have a discussion better than the fiasco which happened in these posts.

the fact that jeff may read this makes me unbelievably happy

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By evanbower

@killacam: "That boy is sick with the falshopes," said the old Gold Prospector, tipping back his hat and wiping the sweat from his brow as the rookie walked away from the quarry empty handed.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By Geno

How is babby formed?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Geno: Shoulder touching.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#77  Edited By GS_Dan

I was wondering if the OP had been watching touched up footage (subtle contrast tweaks, colour correction etc) but then he posted that Gears video and my eyes puked.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Wikitoups

Dude you got a old monitor/tv get a better one!

thornie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By thornie

Thread of the year.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Megalibra said:

I know what am talking about and I

don't know the specifics of it but i know how it's different.

keep on trolling and avoid any debate which may result in something good. fucking losers and a waste of time.

waste of time

WASTE OF TIME

No Caption Provided
    Emperor_Jimmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Emperor_Jimmu

You are saying what we have all been thinking. Thank you for setting us free.

gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#82  Edited By gloomytangent

GUYS, HE HAS UNPARALLELED SKILLS OF OBSERVATION AND DEDUCTION.

If only he had similar language, writing, and common sense skills.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SeriouslyNow

THEY PRESSED THE AWESOMER BUTTON. IT MAKES THINGS AWESOMER.

duh

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ShaggE

... What the fuck.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By MariachiMacabre

This thread is still alive? That's awesome.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By Sambambo

I am not going to read all the pages, but surely it is due to the fact that they are running at the same resolution, just in a smaller area?

But I have no idea what you are talking about. Games look the same in videos as they do on my TV.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TheHumanDove

We need to build a machine that can achieve this

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Ravenlight
    Emperor_Jimmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Emperor_Jimmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Emperor_Jimmu said:

@Ravenlight said:

@TheHumanDove said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoetrope

Thank you sir.

I hear if you have 20 Jeffery tokens you can buy a Zoetrope at Big Jeffery's.

Emperor_Jimmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Emperor_Jimmu

@Irvandus said:

@Emperor_Jimmu said:

@Ravenlight said:

@TheHumanDove said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoetrope

Thank you sir.

I hear if you have 20 Jeffery tokens you can buy a Zoetrope at Big Jeffery's.

"Big Jeffery will make your games look better, come to Big Jeffrey's and get your Big Zoetrope!"

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By falserelic

Your better off locking the thread dude. Before things start to get even worse I been there before.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Frag_Maniac

The amazing YouTube, every lifetime subscription comes with a pair of Flash glasses, where everything looks better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.