Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 17, 2017

EA's second Star Wars Battlefront features cross-era characters and locations from the original, prequel and sequel Star Wars movie trilogies. It also includes multiplayer character classes and a story-driven single-player campaign.

Leaked Battlefront 2 (the new one) Teaser?

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFlamingo352

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TgUWJgV2poM

New teaser trailer appears to've leaked, will probably go down soon though.

As per reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/64v5di/official_leaked_star_wars_battlefront_2_teaser/

The video can roughly be divided into two sections, each with its own emphasis: a campaign and multiple "eras," respectively. For the campaign, the trailer has a monologue from an Imperial lady who might be an imperial commando or TIE fighter pilot (or both); the setting of this stuff, if I'm not mistaken, is the original trilogy. The second half of the trailer is multiplayer focused, primarily that Battlefront 2017 is gonna have the prequel trilogy, original trilogy, and sequel trilogy, with heroes like Darth Maul, Rey, and Kylo Ren teased. What does everyone think? Worth getting excited about?

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dr_monocle

As long as the campaign is up to snuff I'm in it for the long haul. But I'm also a lifelong Star Wars fan and will probably buy anything Star Wars someone puts in front of my face so there's that.

EA's Battlefront looked amazing, played well enough, but it was too bare bones (at least at launch though I don't know that the expansions added all that much) As long as they keep that in mind then I'll be happy.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_monocle: Played a decent chunk of DICE's Battlefront at a friend's place, pretty much had the same thoughts, with the added modifier that the map quality varied a lot, especially with some of the expansions (the Death Star's internal hallway level is horrendous).

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Battlefront sucked. This better play like a Battlefield 3 / 4 re-skin, and it better have a campaign. If not, then no thanks.

Also, keep that prequel crap to a minimum, and keep it out of the campaign entirely.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it better have a campaign. If not, then no thanks.

That much has been confirmed.

The other big request, of course, was for a campaign - something that's already been locked in for Battlefront 2, and something that DICE has been making motions towards in its DLC for the first game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Okay, okay, there's potential there. I mean, the Maul vs. Yoda fanservice-y stuff is fine, not really my cuppa, but the story stuff could be neat.

Seems like it'd be right after the original trilogy ends, but probably not during the newer stuff considering how old that'd make your character (as awesome as it'd be to play a grizzled old TIE pilot). Would be cool if they kept it Imperial throughout, or if they had a bunch of different characters from different sides of whatever conflict they're putting together. I guess kinda like BF1 did.

This thing'll have to play really well and have a good selection of match options (including bots) to get me on board though. I fucking LOVED Battlefront 1. Battlefront 2 less so, but it was still good fun. At least 6 or 7 times within the last year have I ruminated over picking up the first DICE Battlefront though, only to watch gameplay footage for a while and utterly lose all interest. I just kept wanting a Star Wars game to muck about in, which the old games were fantastic for, and the 2015 Battlefront was just always there on sale.

I also figured a sequel'd be right around the corner, so here's to hoping this thing's something special. Er, well, I suppose I'd settle for less than special, but you know. Fun.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By paulmako

@spaceinsomniac said:

Also, keep that prequel crap to a minimum, and keep it out of the campaign entirely.

I've actually spent the whole time hoping they would add Prequel content to this game, so I'm actually interested now. I probably would 't have had much interest at all if it was just the later timeline, because most of that was covered in the previous Battlefront game.

Plenty of people enjoy the Prequels (and the Clone Wars tv show) and EA knows it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Yuck, prequels

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@paulmako said:
    @spaceinsomniac said:

I've actually spent the whole time hoping they would add Prequel content to this game, so I'm actually interested now. I probably would 't have had much interest at all if it was just the later timeline, because most of that was covered in the previous Battlefront game.

Plenty of people enjoy the Prequels (and the Clone Wars tv show) and EA knows it.

I suppose a solid argument could be made that the characters and era of the prequels have a lot of potential, but I saw those movies for the first time when I was in my 20s, and that just did not work for me. To each their own and all, but it's like adding country music to a video game soundtrack. There are going to be a lot of people who will like it, but you're going to alienate more people with the inclusion than you'd gain from adding it.

I did enjoy Rogue One, however, and I guess that's technically a prequel as well, at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@spaceinsomniac said:

it better have a campaign. If not, then no thanks.

Loading Video...

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sarnecki

You know what, despite not giving a single fuck about the prequels it looks like it's going to be what a sequel should be and expand on the original. Good!

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hayt

Seems like my thread on this wasn't cool enough to catch on haha. Either way my thoughts from it are:

Damnit its annoying that I am interested in this. The first game was such a shell and I don't really think the arcade systems from the first one are ever going to be my thing. I've never wished there were rental systems for PC games more than this game. Looks like prequels are in there for the people who were excited for that so they've listened just not to me haha.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt said:

Seems like my thread on this wasn't cool enough to catch on haha. Either way my thoughts from it are:

Damnit its annoying that I am interested in this. The first game was such a shell and I don't really think the arcade systems from the first one are ever going to be my thing. I've never wished their was rental systems for PC games more than this game. Looks like prequels are in there for the people who were excited for that so they've listened just not to me haha.

I felt this way initially. I went in expecting BF4 with a Star Wars skin with an erection you could see from space. The more... Arcadey casual elements were a MASSIVE disappointment at launch, but I've come to enjoy the game on its own terms since then. Holding out hope they streamline more towards the Battlefield games though.

(I have zero Battlefront nostalgia)

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hayt

@sarnecki: Yeah I gave it so much leeway but just couldn't in the end. I too have little Battlefront nostalgia despite playing them both. At the risk of sounding snobby I think a lot of the veneration for them comes from console players who hadn't been exposed to Battlefield because if you played Battlefront (original) after Battlefield it was a pretty rough game.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no interest at all in the campaign and Im skeptical they can get the multiplayer right this time. I really hope Im wrong though because I miss having good Star Wars games. The first Battlefront was a real bummer, it was such a bad game.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh totally. The love and adoration of Battlefront 2, aside from being a pretty solid fun game, always struck me as console players who weren't deeply immersed in the cult of Battlefield. So I guess I should not be shocked that Dice gave me BF1 and kept Battlefronts reboot more casual friendly.

ZackWeiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By ZackWeiss

With the expansion pass, the Battlefront reboot became fucking awesome and sort of exactly what I wanted from a multiplayer-only 2015 Battlefront game. It's just a shame they nickle and dime everyone so much. I would buy a $100 Battlefront game, but an expansion pass that is nearly the same price as the base game is disgusting and atrocious.

It still remains to be seen if they're taking that approach for this one, or if they fixed the dirth of content the first game had at release, which I'm pretty hesitant about. Having a story's cool though, as long as it's considered canon and not legends bs.

Dunno how I feel about Yoda with a light saber, because that was definitely the worst part of the prequels.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they released Battlefront with all the DLC that would eventually come out included it would have blown people away.

Crazy_Tinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found I was impressed with the graphics and sound and atmosphere of EA Battlefront and with the expansions etc the depth was better than I expected (after disappointment with the public beta) - however I lost any immersion due to the gamey feel to the constant battle rolls and left - right - left bullet dodging, a few OP weapons and heros. I understand they wanted the players to be agile but when all you see is some players constantly rolling and bullet dodging it ruins any Star Wars feel the game created and you are left with a mediocre gameplay and disappointment. Don't think I will purchase the sequel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.