Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 15, 2003

Taking place in the Old Republic era of Star Wars, around 4000 years before the events of the films, Knights of the Old Republic is a third-person turn-based RPG where players travel the galaxy as a mysterious Republic soldier, racing against time to thwart a massive Sith fleet.

KOTOR Continues: Day 2

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By fwylo

Day 2

Yesterday was a good day.  Got about 3 hours of playtime in.  Total of 5 hrs now.

But bad news... My sound went out again.  I was saving multiple times and had a few save files going just in case.  But they all load up the same way, with no character sounds... Basically no battle sounds(blasters/melee) and no footsteps.  Its such a huge difference but I don't want to restart again so it'll have to do and I don't mind that much anyways.  Takes away from it but doesn't wreck it for me.

Alright, some good progress yesterday. Started up by going through and killing that Rancor, which was much easier this time. Thanks, Sir_Ragnarok for the tip.  Going through the Vulkar base was also much easier as I had done it last time and knew to blow up the conduit in the Barracks.  I've been going through all the area's making sure I explore the whole map so I don't miss any sweet loot. Like the 2000 credits sitting in the Garage Loading Bay was an awesome.  That droid was kind of tough though with that Ice freeze ray thing he has. But 2 Plasma grenades and an Ion grenade did the trick.

"Mysterious Stranger"

After clearing through there Mr. Kinolo Moon ventured over to the Hidden Bek base to give the accelerator to Gadon who sponsored me in the Swoop Race.  Successfully saved Bastila from the evil Brejik and got her back safe to my apartment.  I decided to take another shot at the dueling ring to get some credits and xp.  It ended up being unreasonably easy to kill all of the duelists.  Except Starkiller was a bit of a challenge but I had enough Medpack's to get through it fine. I've been choosing the things that feel right, so most of them have been light side choices.  I thought there would be no harm in dueling that dude to the death and it turned out to give me some Dark side points. But no big deal I've got no problem with being a dark Jedi or whatever.

One Sick Ship
    One Sick Ship
     It had told me to meet up with Canderous Ordo because he has some offer to make me.  He told me to break into the Sith base and steal the security codes so that we could steal Davik's awesome fast ship to get past the defenses of the Sith and bust off this damn planet.  Didn't have any trouble with that and ended up in Davik's secret estate where he told me I was his guest but wasn't allowed to leave basically.  So I ran through his estate killing all of his other guests and got a massage from one of the Twi'lek(sp?) slaves.  After killing Davik and his main Bounty Hunter, Calo Nord, we hopped on the ship and got a way just as Darth Malak made the decision to destroy the planet to assure that Bastila didn't get off of it.

So we go to all this trouble to get this crazy fast ship.  But then during the cut scene these dudes in these OTHER ships, which seem to be just as fast,  Decide to shoot at me.  Que short turret gameplay to shoot down ships.  Interesting, but kind of unnecessary.

Holy I did a lot yesterday I'm tired of typing this, hope its not too boring...anyways.

SO, Bastila is all like, "Yo crew, we need to go to Dantooine to see the Jedi Council there because I think Kinolo is a Jedi but I don't want to tell you that."  After getting there I go see the council with Bastila and they ask me about some stuff.  Which I probably answered like 8 questions with different wording of "Do I want to be a Jedi?"

Best part of the game so far?  The awesome training Montage of you fighting Bastila and floating shit with the Force! It was a wicked feeling watching that and hearing the voice in the background explain about Jedi stuff and you watching all that.  I'm like "Damn I've got talent just wait till I get a light saber."  This is where I saved my game again and was about to quit.  But I had to see what the Jedi council was requesting me for and I thought I might get a saber.  So I quickly ran over there and they started talking about Padawan's and Apprentices and 3 tests that I had to complete first, so I quit.

"Upside down and Inside Out, Bout to show all you folks what its all about." - Tag Team
    They mentioned something about choosing what kind of Jedi I want to be too but I didn't get to choose yet.  It doesn't really matter to me all I know is I want to hold my light saber upside down because clearly that better than right side up. 

But that was my run yesterday. I don't know how much I'll be able to play today due to I've got some shit to do that I've been putting off.  But I'll throw down an update again tomorrow if I play. I've noticed I've been going into much more detail already, if you guys want me to shorten it or its good like this let me know.  Really all this is, is something for me to kill time at work with aha!

Untill tomorrow.
    Respect.
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fwylo

Day 2

Yesterday was a good day.  Got about 3 hours of playtime in.  Total of 5 hrs now.

But bad news... My sound went out again.  I was saving multiple times and had a few save files going just in case.  But they all load up the same way, with no character sounds... Basically no battle sounds(blasters/melee) and no footsteps.  Its such a huge difference but I don't want to restart again so it'll have to do and I don't mind that much anyways.  Takes away from it but doesn't wreck it for me.

Alright, some good progress yesterday. Started up by going through and killing that Rancor, which was much easier this time. Thanks, Sir_Ragnarok for the tip.  Going through the Vulkar base was also much easier as I had done it last time and knew to blow up the conduit in the Barracks.  I've been going through all the area's making sure I explore the whole map so I don't miss any sweet loot. Like the 2000 credits sitting in the Garage Loading Bay was an awesome.  That droid was kind of tough though with that Ice freeze ray thing he has. But 2 Plasma grenades and an Ion grenade did the trick.

"Mysterious Stranger"

After clearing through there Mr. Kinolo Moon ventured over to the Hidden Bek base to give the accelerator to Gadon who sponsored me in the Swoop Race.  Successfully saved Bastila from the evil Brejik and got her back safe to my apartment.  I decided to take another shot at the dueling ring to get some credits and xp.  It ended up being unreasonably easy to kill all of the duelists.  Except Starkiller was a bit of a challenge but I had enough Medpack's to get through it fine. I've been choosing the things that feel right, so most of them have been light side choices.  I thought there would be no harm in dueling that dude to the death and it turned out to give me some Dark side points. But no big deal I've got no problem with being a dark Jedi or whatever.

One Sick Ship
    One Sick Ship
     It had told me to meet up with Canderous Ordo because he has some offer to make me.  He told me to break into the Sith base and steal the security codes so that we could steal Davik's awesome fast ship to get past the defenses of the Sith and bust off this damn planet.  Didn't have any trouble with that and ended up in Davik's secret estate where he told me I was his guest but wasn't allowed to leave basically.  So I ran through his estate killing all of his other guests and got a massage from one of the Twi'lek(sp?) slaves.  After killing Davik and his main Bounty Hunter, Calo Nord, we hopped on the ship and got a way just as Darth Malak made the decision to destroy the planet to assure that Bastila didn't get off of it.

So we go to all this trouble to get this crazy fast ship.  But then during the cut scene these dudes in these OTHER ships, which seem to be just as fast,  Decide to shoot at me.  Que short turret gameplay to shoot down ships.  Interesting, but kind of unnecessary.

Holy I did a lot yesterday I'm tired of typing this, hope its not too boring...anyways.

SO, Bastila is all like, "Yo crew, we need to go to Dantooine to see the Jedi Council there because I think Kinolo is a Jedi but I don't want to tell you that."  After getting there I go see the council with Bastila and they ask me about some stuff.  Which I probably answered like 8 questions with different wording of "Do I want to be a Jedi?"

Best part of the game so far?  The awesome training Montage of you fighting Bastila and floating shit with the Force! It was a wicked feeling watching that and hearing the voice in the background explain about Jedi stuff and you watching all that.  I'm like "Damn I've got talent just wait till I get a light saber."  This is where I saved my game again and was about to quit.  But I had to see what the Jedi council was requesting me for and I thought I might get a saber.  So I quickly ran over there and they started talking about Padawan's and Apprentices and 3 tests that I had to complete first, so I quit.

"Upside down and Inside Out, Bout to show all you folks what its all about." - Tag Team
    They mentioned something about choosing what kind of Jedi I want to be too but I didn't get to choose yet.  It doesn't really matter to me all I know is I want to hold my light saber upside down because clearly that better than right side up. 

But that was my run yesterday. I don't know how much I'll be able to play today due to I've got some shit to do that I've been putting off.  But I'll throw down an update again tomorrow if I play. I've noticed I've been going into much more detail already, if you guys want me to shorten it or its good like this let me know.  Really all this is, is something for me to kill time at work with aha!

Untill tomorrow.
    Respect.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Man, the sound went out again? That's crazy. I've never experienced anything like that in the game. 

What a game, man! I love it. Starkiller and Calo Nord were two enjoyable guys to fight. From what I remember, many people didn't seem to like the first planet Taris. I thought it was great. I suppose it's a little more slower-paced that the others, but it's also just introducing you to the game.

You thought shooting down enemy ships was unnecessary? Aw c'mon! That's like a staple of Star Wars. Whatever, though, it's kind of a minor thing in KOTOR and doesn't occur all that often. 

Hmm... I totally don't remember that training montage with Bastila. I guess it's been a few years since I've played the game, though. Anyway, these have been enjoyable to read. I'm gonna follow you for easier access to your mini endurance run.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fwylo
    @TheGreatGuero: Ya I don't know whats with the sound.  I assume its because I'm going through it on my 360 which is terrible for backwards compatibility. But ya I didn't really like the turret action.  I know its pretty much in every star wars game every and all that but it just wasn't well done it seemed, maybe im just comparing to how it would have been done with today's technology. It just seemed really easy and its not like there is a damage thing so you know if you're going to die or not.  Not that I died, I just felt like it would have gone on forever if I didn't shoot them.  But a good change I guess it kind of broke up the cut scene to make it interactive. 

And I didn't really mind the first planet.  Pretty much what I expected so I guess it can only get better from here.

But glad you're following along!
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dark_Jon

Canderous is the best party member.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.