Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

STARKILLER'S REVERSE GRIP?!

Fongonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fongonator

Why is it that on the PS2 gameplay videos i have watched recently, Starkiller is not holding his lightsaber in reverse grip?
    Why is this?

Should be like as shown below...

Reverse Grip
    Reverse Grip
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

There are two lightsaber styles depending on how quickly you press the attack buttons...maybe that's it?  Do you have any screenshots of Starkiller holding his lightsaber in the traditional grip?

Fongonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fongonator

i have a link of the video

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mike

Strange, I wonder if that will stay like that for the retail version?  That footage could be old, I guess.

Does it seem unnecessarily dangerous to anyone else to be holding a lightsaber in reverse grip that way?  I know he's a Jedi and all, but geez.

Fongonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fongonator

yeah i really hope that this gameplay is a prototype because there is no ps2 demo been released so that could only mean that this had to have been recorded at an early development stage.
    I really hope that they fix this in the retail version too because starkiller is unique for holding his lightsaber in a reverse grip.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

because its a PS2 game and maybe somehow that was overlooked? since its really their lesser  concern I'm guessing, and doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

Fongonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fongonator

i understand where you are coming from but...
    how can you forget a detail such as the main character of a game, i would assume that the character creation would be the first thing they do before creating the game, so if they overlooked something like this... that would be shocking but as it was said before that this could be a early recording of the game so all we can do is hope that they have fixed all problems before the start to sell.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Isn't being developed by a different team? Maybe that's why.

Oh, and holding lightsabers that way, is not unique.

Fongonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fongonator

i know what you mean by "not unique", but im saying that it is unique for starkiller, for HIM to hold it this way.
    Anyway,  it is being made by a different team as you say and that could be why......but they should know that starkiller holds his lightsaber in a reverse grip not ordinary, and it even shows him holding in reverse on the front cover of the game its self.
    LOL

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Otacon

Anakins apprentice held her lightsaber in reverse grip :P, yes I have been to see THAT film. I always thought that the apprentice would be burning his arm by holding it like that.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By suneku

I heard the PS2 version was a lot different then the 360/PS3 one... didn't know this would be one of the differences, this is a pretty weird.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Patchinko

Hadn't seen that before.

The PS2 version looks amazing. The PS2 is quite a piece of hardware, considering how old it is.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By wefwefasdf
    Fongonator said:
    "yeah i really hope that this gameplay is a prototype because there is no ps2 demo been released so that could only mean that this had to have been recorded at an early development stage.
    I really hope that they fix this in the retail version too because starkiller is unique for holding his lightsaber in a reverse grip."
    Looks old to me. Look at the meters on the top left. 
    cgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By cgrady

i wish he didnt hold it reverse anyways. pointless. would much rather have him hold it normally

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.