Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Guess who's back (SPOILERS)

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Doctorchimp

I had no idea megavideo was a website....I've been on their ugh...sister site a few times though...

Also guys it's around 28:20 before Revan shows up. So you don't have to sit through all that great combat.

I can imagine a quote from Dr. Ray when Easter rolls around.

"We always thought Free-to-Play was the right business model!"

EDIT: Enough of your yammering! Die!

That was pretty weak voice acting, at least this Revan kind of looks like my dude.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I am starting to wish they just made kotor 3 :(

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Doctorchimp said:

I had no idea megavideo was a website....I've been on their ugh...sister site a few times though...

LOL

There's no way to say this without a certain SWTOR fanboy clamoring down my throat, but fuck it. Even the dialogue is somewhat disappointing. Four people encounter one of the greatest Jedi the Order has even seen and there appears no other option than to say 'let's fight' in a nice way or 'let's fight' like an asshole. Speaking of which, Revan disappears off the face of the galaxy then shows up to be defeated by four people? Wow...and people give George Lucas shit for ruining something iconic.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Garfield518

Ms. Darth'gero sure didn't do a good job censoring her name.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By amomjc

I don't know why SWTOR is getting hit for it's combat, I like it. Then again I am a RIFT/WoW addict so I guess this kind of gameplay makes me happy to see. Neat though, thanks for sharing.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp

@csoup said:

I don't know why SWTOR is getting hit for it's combat, I like it. Then again I am a RIFT/WoW addict so I guess this kind of gameplay makes me happy to see. Neat though, thanks for sharing.

That's the problem. They are going to need a lot more than you to make it viable.

And most people are either tired of it or they want something fresh, and they totally fucked up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not impressed. Looks like another lame MMO with DPS, Healing, ect. Nothing unique, unlike Guild Wars2 which seems to be the only MMO that catches my interest.

Gumby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gumby

"[...]Most of Revan's story, as dictated above, is the plot of the video game Star wars: Knights of the old Republic. Though there are numerous possibilities to change on the details of the events above and Revan may end up as a redeemed Jedi or a renewed Sith Lord, the canonical ending features his return to the light side."

From the esteemed source, Wookieepedia.

So this game isn't cannon? Or he's still a Jedi and the players are being evil? And in that case, why is he talking about bringing back the Empire? I'm so confused...

@SirPsychoSexy said:

I am starting to wish they just made kotor 3 :(

THIS!

Edit: Also, having a guy standing in the back with a lightsaber and healing people looks really silly... Although it probably has +12 Force power or something.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By metal_mills
    @csoup said:

The combat reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic...
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Game looks fun to play, but I'm not liking the kill Revan thing.
    If anything he should be a raid, not a mid level instance boss...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

@Doctorchimp said:

@csoup said:

That's the problem. They are going to need a lot more than you to make it viable.

And most people are either tired of it or they want something fresh, and they totally fucked up.

The vast majority of MMO fans love the WoW combat. The minority wants something vastly different.(The minority being people who hardly even like MMOs in the first place.)

But regardless, the game doesn't even play that much like WoW. It's much faster paced, and feels more like KOTOR sped up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.