Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Last day of the free month

• 83 results
    Patchouli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Patchouli

Will anyone here be canceling? How many do you think will drop?

fleshribbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fleshribbon

I'm not canceling primarily because I bought a prepaid 60-day card to avoid putting my CC on file but also because I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game.

Satsugai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By Satsugai

I already hit the level cap and finished my class story. Doesn't leave much incentive to keep paying.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Grimluck343

Wow thanks for the reminder, got to cancel before I had to pay for that first month!

Edit: I only played about 15-20 hours, just don't have time for another MMO right now.

Thanks!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karkarov

I have no intention of cancelling. There are 7 other class stories to see, hero mode flashpoints, pvp gear to obtain, operations to mess with, yada yada yada.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By VoshiNova

@Grimluck343 said:

Wow thanks for the reminder, got to cancel before I had to pay for that first month!

Your avatar is awesome, also, still playing

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morningstar

Still got stuff left to do ^^

Alwaysrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alwaysrun

Cancelled already about a week ago. I found the entire experience derivitive and uninspired, same MMO shit different pile. My entire 60 person guild is abandoning the SS TORtanic. I'm eagerly awaiting Jeff's review of it and maybe we can get some real perspective on this title as it appears most other large game sites have been seduced by the glitzy front end after thier meager 10-15hour playtime. From Jeffs cursory observations from a recent bombcast I can't wait to hear more.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lagaroth

I cancelled about a week and a half ago. Got bored, none of my friends are playing it, and the game is waaaaaaaaaaay too linear. By which I mean 90% of the quests are the same no matter what class you are, you get about 1 per hub that is class specific and there is one set leveling path. I got bored of my Vanguard, and I can't fathom playing those planets over again.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60

@Alwaysrun said:

Cancelled already about a week ago. I found the entire experience derivitive and uninspired, same MMO shit different pile. My entire 60 person guild is abandoning the SS TORtanic. I'm eagerly awaiting Jeff's review of it and maybe we can get some real perspective on this title as it appears most other large game sites have been seduced by the glitzy front end after thier meager 10-15hour playtime. From Jeffs cursory observations from a recent bombcast I can't wait to hear more.

A Jeff review would be the worst thing ever. He hates MMOs and hates Star Wars. Oh, but there's totally no bias there at all. Plus IGN got to level 50 before reviewing the game. So I don't see where you're getting this. "seduced by the beginning cause they only palyed for 10 hours!" thing is coming from. Especially when it's generally accepted the game starts off slow, and gets tons better later. And don't bring that stupid ass TORtanic shit from 4chan here. It's stupid and makes no sense at all.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jozzy

I cancelled a week or so ago, it just doesn't run good enough on my system to bother with it anymore.

Neeshka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Neeshka

Isn't it generally accepted that TOR is a single player mmo severely lacking in end game pve raiding and pvp ? Not having a combat log or any mod support is quite hilarious.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dark

@CL60 said:

@Alwaysrun said:

A Jeff review would be the worst thing ever. He hates MMOs and hates Star Wars. Oh, but there's totally no bias there at all. Plus IGN got to level 50 before reviewing the game. So I don't see where you're getting this. "seduced by the beginning cause they only palyed for 10 hours!" thing is coming from. Especially when it's generally accepted the game starts off slow, and gets tons better later. And don't bring that stupid ass TORtanic shit from 4chan here. It's stupid and makes no sense at all.

Maybe if you actually understood why he thinks that way, you would understand why Jeffs review would be critical of it. I am with him all the way even though I still enjoy it, the dialogue has gotten very old to the point where I skip all side quest dialogue and only listen to the class stuff. He is critical on the game because of how front loaded the whole content seems which I agree on, I mean come on, Hammer Station has NO DIALOGUE options in the whole thing it just ends up being another WoW instance (The recent ones have the same level of dialogue it has.) The Athiss is the same, no dialogue options.

And no before you say it, talking in some holocall before the flashpoint explaining whats going on in it does not count.

The longer I play the more the content stretches from its original goal, the less my choices seem to matter (like every other MMO) and the more annoying all the dialogue becomes. Once you strip away all that it is quite litterally a WoW clone in space (Which its starting to feel like more and more.)

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaptainCody

@Satsugai said:

I already hit the level cap and finished my class story. Doesn't leave much incentive to keep paying.

Jesus Christ, so it's even faster than how quick WoW is to level cap?

@CL60 said:

@Alwaysrun said:

I know you have put a lot of work into spotlighting this game CL60, but do you have any raid footage or maybe news on patches or expansions? This thread shouldn't be some Bioware hatred zone.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By breadfan

I'm still enjoying the game. I'd like to hit 50 before cancelling (30 at the moment), but it depends if I get worn out in the process.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60

@CaptainCody said:

@Satsugai said:

No. I'm level 35 and my /played is 5 days.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Funkydupe

Its certainly interesting to observe how a game in the MMO genre is supposed to remain interesting for 1000 hours, while a similarly priced game in any other different genre might last you 10 to 50 hours with multiplayer support.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CaptainCody

@CL60 said:

@CaptainCody said:

@Satsugai said:

No. I'm level 35 and my /played is 5 days.

Never mind then, that's not too bad but I imagine a lot of it is subjective. Least it's not as fast as I assumed.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ares42
    @Neeshka said:

Isn't it generally accepted that TOR is a single player mmo severely lacking in end game pve raiding and pvp ? Not having a combat log or any mod support is quite hilarious.

Although it's just my opinion I would say that's pretty much on spot. Personally I unsubbed about a week ago with my main reasons being end-game lacking in many ways, but also the fact that I find doing alts in this game is actually less attractive than MMOs with traditional questing systems. I was thinking for a while that I'd resub though (still sorta am). The gaming scene is pretty dry so don't really have anything better to play and it's not like it's a big financial hit, but I just really don't wanna support what they are doing with this game atm. There's just so much stuff lacking and so many problems being ignored. Guess I'll see if my principles are strong enough to endure some boredom :P
    SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmilingPig

My girlfriend and I canceled.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By coakroach

@CL60: I wouldn't say Jeff hates MMO's considering his playtime and how fondly he recalls early WoW and Guild Wars.

But yeah his hatred of Star Wars lore would make his review kind of pointless since a love of that universe seems to be a prerequisite to enjoying the game.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kindgineer

I'll be cancelling mainly because I just don't find the time to play it now that I have a newborn. I liked what I played, the flash-points were great, but without tons of friends and time to put into it, - much like any MMORPG - you just don't get to enjoy it.

Satsugai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#23  Edited By Satsugai

@CaptainCody: It is if you're efficient. I did it in about 6 days played. I played a lot of everquest back in the day though, so most of these current mmos feel like kid mode.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Ares42 said:
    @Neeshka said:

Although it's just my opinion I would say that's pretty much on spot. Personally I unsubbed about a week ago with my main reasons being end-game lacking in many ways, but also the fact that I find doing alts in this game is actually less attractive than MMOs with traditional questing systems. I was thinking for a while that I'd resub though (still sorta am). The gaming scene is pretty dry so don't really have anything better to play and it's not like it's a big financial hit, but I just really don't wanna support what they are doing with this game atm. There's just so much stuff lacking and so many problems being ignored. Guess I'll see if my principles are strong enough to endure some boredom :P
    You are literally me.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By scarace360

games not a very good MMO already canceled.

mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mclakers

Yes, just cancelled. Mostly because i dont have time, managing work and family doesnt leave me enough time for an mmo. Enjoyed the 20hrs i put into the game, but i have a big pile of shame. AC2-3, SR3, Skyrim, RAGE, Dead Island. Plus i play a lot of Fifa and NBA2k.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Floppypants

I won't sit in the Republic Fleet endlessly trying to put groups together, so it's game over for me.  I canceled a couple weeks ago.
    Maybe I'll buy the first expansion pack if by then they have automated LFG.

Alwaysrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alwaysrun

@SmilingPig: Perhaps I should have kept my response a little more like yours. Short and to the point. Instead I tried to elaborate somewhat and got an earful for my efforts.

Is there a way to ignore people whom I'd prefer not to get pm's from on this site. CL60 dude....I mean really man. shesh

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By valiantgrizzly

I paid €80 (50 for the game and 30 to activate it with a game card). I played it for maybe 6 hours, and I have no interest in picking it up again.

No Caption Provided
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By Seppli

I still have 60 days bought and paid for, have lvl 50 Inquisitor with most Champion and Columni gear. Am part of a decent guild/raid group. The endgame content is doing PvP dailys for PvP lootbags and raiding and hardmode flashpoints. There's currently like 6 hardmode flashpoints and since patch 1.1 there's like 10 raid bosses (available in normal 8man and hard 16man versions). Raiding normal is child's play, except for the Infernal One (didn't try the new bosses yet). Didn't try 16man yet. Oh - and there's daily quests for lvl 50 epixx too, in case you're into that.

There's tonnes of endgame content for right now and unless you are waaay hardcore, you haven't done and seen it all. That said, currently the social hassle for doing HM Flashpoints is turning me off and the loot system in raids is retarded (the game automatically rolls on loot, leading to folks getting duplicate gear and others getting nothing for weeks) and so forth and so forth.

I enjoy doing my daily PvP chores though, since I genuinely enjoy warzones a lot. The Ilum shit not so much, but that's a matter of standing in a zerg for 15 minutes. While being queued for Warzones, I'm doing daily quests for some credits income. Just began playing an alt, which I enjoy somewhat, but I'd rather play other games than leveling an alt right now.

To be honest, if I wasn't forced to buy a 60 days prepaid gametime card (I don't have a credit card), I would have gladly stopped playing after 30 days. I had a lot of fun during my 40 odd days since early launch, but I feel like it's time to move on. Not that SWTOR is a bad game, I'm just not that into MMOs anymore. I will pick up SW:TOR expansions and will likely resub during slow months to play through another character's storyline - prolly do some Republic goody twoshoes shit.

I kinda feel forced to do start playing an alt for serious currently, because I've still got like 60 days bought and paid for, and I guess that's what I'll do. Defintiely not super passionate about it though. Being forced into buying a Gametime Card was a dick move and now that I'm slowly running low on passion for SW:TOR, it really starts to sting.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I still got 60 days to go, got a timecard.

I'm currently leveling Empire as the thing I feared came true and leveling something again on the same side is NOT fun.
    Sure my class story is different but every other quest isn't. 

I don't get it though, I'd resub to WoW and play my 10th+ character to 85 through all the quests again.
    But the thought of SWTOR going through 1-50 again on Republic is just...dreadful.

So I'll be playing Empire till 50 probably and then I'll play other stuff till there's a cool patch or something.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Funkydupe

I'm not sure what's going on right now. I unsubbed a while ago and my Subscription page naturally had a countdown of the days left.. 5..4..3..2..1..0.. and now two days later it says:

"Your play time will be ending soon. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code."

Edit: When I think about it my sub lost days of playtime even during the Grace Period, maybe those are given back to me now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dark said:

@CL60 said:

@Alwaysrun said:

Maybe if you actually understood why he thinks that way, you would understand why Jeffs review would be critical of it. I am with him all the way even though I still enjoy it, the dialogue has gotten very old to the point where I skip all side quest dialogue and only listen to the class stuff. He is critical on the game because of how front loaded the whole content seems which I agree on, I mean come on, Hammer Station has NO DIALOGUE options in the whole thing it just ends up being another WoW instance (The recent ones have the same level of dialogue it has.) The Athiss is the same, no dialogue options.

And no before you say it, talking in some holocall before the flashpoint explaining whats going on in it does not count.

The longer I play the more the content stretches from its original goal, the less my choices seem to matter (like every other MMO) and the more annoying all the dialogue becomes. Once you strip away all that it is quite litterally a WoW clone in space (Which its starting to feel like more and more.)

Front loaded?  That's funny, considering there's 6 flashpoints with story and dialogue (which you apparently hate anyway?), and 5 of them are after level 33.  So you're calling a game front loaded after playing to level 22?  Nice.

edit: Actually, there's 7 after they added Kaon.
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I feel like my dislike of traditional MMO's is the reason I like this game so much.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By amir90

I hit level 50 on sunday, unless you play more than 5 hours a day, there is plenty of stuff to everyday.

Dailys in PVP, Ilum, Flashpoint HM, OPS (raiding). Belsavis (PVE)

However, if you are not the type to do end game stuff, you can always start a new character.

I bought a 60 day game card, so i won't be cancelling.

I just might make a new character on the other side (Republic).

Edit3: Also I have some friends who play everyday, with that, and skype, its make the game,l a whole lotta fun.

Alwaysrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alwaysrun

Actually I played my main to level 50 a Sith Immortal Juggernaut which I tanked "all" the content for my guild....boring as fuck. Also I pvp'd to valor rank 56 legitimately on a server which went against the grain and was heavily Republic. I squeezed the very lifeblood out of this game and there wasn't a day, an hour in which I didn't find myself scratching my head in bewilderment at the hamhanded way in which the designers constructed this trainwreck of a product. A passible single player rpg experience I will admit but I think most MMO players would agree that the end game was laughably underwelming, for a subscription based game that sounds the death Knell to be sure. Inexcusable UI feature omittions and game breaking loot distribution system underline poorly vetted design decisions at every turn.

Don't even get me started on the poorly optimised graphics and slideshow framerates in areas where more than 20 people were congregated. The space combat on rails... grade 2 spaceship upgrades that were better than epic grade 5s, the problem with proton torpedos having no hotkey so you had to use all four of them before you could use your regular missiles..what a fucking joke. Anyways I could write volumes on SWTORs meriad other problems which I don't have time to list but let me make myself clear here before I end my deconstruction of this pile of shit. I love the Swar Wars universe I have since I was 7 years old and watched the first film with my siblings at a drive-in the summer of 1977, I've always loved the entire mythos of it and can handle a bit of cheese in regards to it but SWTOR seriously in my mind as a fan service and as a MMO failed miserably.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Mystyr_E

I was thinking about it. Almost cancelled the prepaid CC charge and put it on WoW but a lovely hacker got me banned (it's back up but god!) but I was playing last night and made the mistake of levelling up multiple characters so now my main plus 2 alts are on Nar Shaddaa and the experience is kinda...redundant. I'll probably come back in awhile but yeah, the next month I'll cancel

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By donchipotle

I'm in it for the long haul.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ketchupp

Thanks for reminding me! Just cancelled, yay!

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40  Edited By metal_mills

I'll keep going for at least one more month.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I love when unemployed people complain that they got to maximum level in under a month and act like it's the game's fault that they had 250 hours of time on their hands in a single month.

And no, I can't be arsed. It's $15. Who cares? I'm still playing it here and there.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Rolyatkcinmai: ur my hero

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By Jaktajj

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

I love when unemployed people complain that they got to maximum level in under a month and act like it's the game's fault that they had 250 hours of time on their hands in a single month.

And no, I can't be arsed. It's $15. Who cares? I'm still playing it here and there.

What this guy said, to the letter.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By mike

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I still got 60 days to go, got a timecard. I'm currently leveling Empire as the thing I feared came true and leveling something again on the same side is NOT fun. Sure my class story is different but every other quest isn't. I don't get it though, I'd resub to WoW and play my 10th+ character to 85 through all the quests again. But the thought of SWTOR going through 1-50 again on Republic is just...dreadful. So I'll be playing Empire till 50 probably and then I'll play other stuff till there's a cool patch or something.

I was going to do this, then realized today that I haven't touched the game for over ten days and don't really feel like going back. I canceled.

As much as I like them, I simply do not have time for MMO's. I have dozens of other single player games to play, I'm going to go back to working on those a few hours a week.

g00ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By g00ber

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

So true. How in the flying *&^% do you have that much time? Even if you're unemployed... Go do something else. ANYTHING. Stop bitching that you conquered every fucking thing in the game because you have an inordinate amount of time to play. This is a solid, entertaining MMO. Especially after a long day at work. It's unfortunate how offended and entitled people feel when it comes to something they willingly paid for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Karkarov said:

I have no intention of cancelling. There are 7 other class stories to see, hero mode flashpoints, pvp gear to obtain, operations to mess with, yada yada yada.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By Commisar123

Wow.....that is a lot of cancelling

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By ajamafalous
    @g00ber said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

So true. How in the flying *&^% do you have that much time? Even if you're unemployed... Go do something else. ANYTHING. Stop bitching that you conquered every fucking thing in the game because you have an inordinate amount of time to play. This is a solid, entertaining MMO. Especially after a long day at work. It's unfortunate how offended and entitled people feel when it comes to something they willingly paid for.

Why would it matter how much time someone took to see everything? It suddenly invalidates their opinion because they, in your eyes, rushed through it?
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By Subjugation

I expected some people to say they were cancelling, but it seems like the majority (so far) in this thread is thinking that way. I didn't expect that. I have a solid grasp on statistics so I know this group isn't representative, but still ...

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@ajamafalous said:

@g00ber said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Why would it matter how much time someone took to see everything? It suddenly invalidates their opinion because they, in your eyes, rushed through it?

No, you're missing the point. People are complaining because they finished a whole class in "only 25 days" or some such. They forget to mention the part where they played 250 hours in that time period.

I don't care how much someone plays or what they do with their time. But don't fill people's heads with nonsense of saying it's as fast as WoW simply because it can be done in a month. A normal person is not playing 8+ hours per day. It would be ridiculous of me to say there's no content in Skyrim because I finished it in 7 days. By the way, I played 84 hours in that time period, but shhhh on that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.