Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Was I supposed to get a code for pre-ordering?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Just pre-ordered the game from EB Games for early access but never got a code. Only my receipt.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

I ordered mine from Amazon and within about 10 minutes, they emailed me a code.  I applied it to my official SWTOR account and it worked like a charm.   

Maybe call EB Games and ask them, as maybe the Clerk forgot something?  

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CL60
    @Luke said:
    I ordered mine from Amazon and within about 10 minutes, they emailed me a code.  I applied it to my official SWTOR account and it worked like a charm.    Maybe call EB Games and ask them, as maybe the Clerk forgot something?  
    They're closed now. I never got any code, and I looked all over my receipt and the only thing resembling a code is just the feedback number.
    wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wadtomaton

I ordered from Amazon and also had one emailed immediately. Maybe they're getting a stack of cards at some point and they're just late (or the clerk wasn't told/messed up).

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By FateOfNever

That's why I only pre-order games with bonuses online now.  Far less likely to have the bonus(es) screwed up when done online.  Unfortunately, I think that's about all I have to contribute to this thread other than to check the official TOR forums to see if other people have been having that happen to them and what they've done to help fix the problem.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

@CL60 said:

Just pre-ordered the game from EB Games

This was your first mistake.

You're going to have to go back down there and stomp your feet then MAYBE they'll give you one. Either that or cancel your preorder and look elsewhere.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
    @StarvingGamer said:

@CL60 said:

Just pre-ordered the game from EB Games

This was your first mistake.

You're going to have to go back down there and stomp your feet then MAYBE they'll give you one. Either that or cancel your preorder and look elsewhere.

According to the SWTOR website Gamestop Canada(EB Games) is the only place in Canada to get the boxed copy with the codes.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

@CL60: Ouch, so I guess a good gnashing of teeth is in order. I wonder if you could preorder it from the Amazon US site then immediately cancel it once they send you your code. I know they don't charge for preorders in any way.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@StarvingGamer said:

@CL60: Ouch, so I guess a good gnashing of teeth is in order. I wonder if you could preorder it from the Amazon US site then immediately cancel it once they send you your code. I know they don't charge for preorders in any way.

Give this a try. I did it from Dead Space 2 because I wanted Ignition for free. After receiving the code, I immediately canceled.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60
    @rudeboy217 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Give this a try. I did it from Dead Space 2 because I wanted Ignition for free. After receiving the code, I immediately canceled.

I'm just gonna go to EB tomorrow with my receipt and hopefully they give me a code. If not I don't see much of a point in pre-ordering. I have no credit card to buy anything on Amazon.
    MannyCalavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MannyCalavera

I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from Origin and didn't get the code by email, just the receipt. And i checked it more than once, and no code there. I'm going to contact their support service.

After contacting the Origin support, i was told to check my purchases in the Origin site, because the key is there in the information page. Already redeemed the code.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60

Just got back from EB games and 4 people including the manager told me the codes don't exist.. looks like I'm not getting early access..

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By m0rdr3d

EB employee:  "No codes, buddy.  Now run along." 
    *CL60 leaves.  EB employees slap five with glee.*

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeffsekai

Boy this is the dumbest thing I have seen posted in a while. Normally you ask the store about this stuff before you even pre-order something.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Jeffsekai said:

Boy this is the dumbest thing I have seen posted in a while. Normally you ask the store about this stuff before you even pre-order something.

Or  you could assume that the thing that is said to come with a game that you pre-order would actually work.  Crazy concept.

Publisher says "Early access for pre-ordering."  Why would you think that it wouldn't be included?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60
    @Jeffsekai said:

And how exactly was I supposed to know that, as I said, I didn't even know I was supposed to get a code until I got home and seen that a code was supposed to come with it. 
    FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FateOfNever

Sounds like this isn't an uncommon thing so far, so you may just have to check back in again later, or, tell them that "when the codes do show up, let me know" and then still keep bugging them from time to time.  Or something like that, anyway.  Here's a topic on the official TOR forums about it though, linked straight to the Bioware response.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Seppli
    @CL60

I'll be getting one of them snazzy pre-order boxes in the mail tomorrow. Don't you get a jewelcase with the code too? That's how it's handled for me.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jeffsekai

@Cataphract1014 said:

@Jeffsekai said:

Or you could assume that the thing that is said to come with a game that you pre-order would actually work. Crazy concept. Publisher says "Early access for pre-ordering." Why would you think that it wouldn't be included?

Right. Do you pay attention to why people hate EB Games? One of the main reases is LACK OF pre-order bonuses. If you are pre-ordered from EB and not asking questions then you get what ever you deserve.

@CL60 said:

@Jeffsekai said:

And how exactly was I supposed to know that, as I said, I didn't even know I was supposed to get a code until I got home and seen that a code was supposed to come with it.

lol.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Jeffsekai:  People hate things for a lot of stupid reasons.  Personally, I've had no problems with EB/gamestop, so perhaps I would walk in and not think anything of it.  The gamestop a few miles from my house has a good staff.  The one a by my old apartment has a bunch of idiots.  Different stores are different.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CL60
    @Jeffsekai said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

@Jeffsekai said:

Or you could assume that the thing that is said to come with a game that you pre-order would actually work. Crazy concept. Publisher says "Early access for pre-ordering." Why would you think that it wouldn't be included?

Right. Do you pay attention to why people hate EB Games? One of the main reases is LACK OF pre-order bonuses. If you are pre-ordered from EB and not asking questions then you get what ever you deserve.

@CL60 said:

@Jeffsekai said:

lol.

Amazing responses! 

yorick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yorick

Wait, isn't gamestop/eb games known for preorder bonuses?
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CL60

Well then, still no code.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#25  Edited By wefwefasdf

@Yorick said:

Wait, isn't gamestop/eb games known for preorder bonuses?

No! Don't respond! Don't look assholes in the eyes! It isn't safe!

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By White_Silhouette

@CL60: FYI I asked at my local EB where i had placed a pre-order and they said the codes were being shipped up at a later date to the story and would phone me when they get it. Don't know how shifty the people at your EB are but wouldn't put it past them to plan on giving the codes to themselves and friends.

Also knowing EB, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get enough codes for all the pre-orders. So i pre-ordered on amazon.com. (which if you have a pay-pal I think you can use it) Got my code in my e-mail. Then just going to cancel it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.