Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Question about Starcraft 1 and Broodwar pre loaded on usb stick

BlueStriped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BlueStriped

Is there some sort cd-key you use to tie it towards your battle.net account or you have to run off the usb stick

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Raggy: Good question, I have the same question as well and would like to find out how one plays that copy online off the USB stick.  This isn't a problem for me as I have the game already on my Battle.net account.   

Also, this is my 6000 Post, so thanks for letting me post it.  Scored 6000 on the day SC2 came out.  :P
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

It's likely containing a digital serial that you link to your battle.net account when you load the game from the USB-stick.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bio2hazard

When you launch the installer and the promt to enter the CD-Key comes up, it already has your unique CD key pre-inserted.

I simply copy and pasted it from there and it worked to add Starcraft anthology to my Battle.Net account.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Bio2hazard: What happens if you clean wipe the USB, and never even try the game on there?  Are you screwed if you don't have it locked to your Battle.net account?
    BlueStriped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BlueStriped

Well tomorrow is when I go pick up my collectors edition and see how that works.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bio2hazard
    @KaosAngel:  No Idea. I'd figure that you'd be hosed if you did that. Though you might be able to call up blizzard support to get a replacement. 

Oh also, I live in europe and had the CE Preordered via Amazon. They broke the street date and I got my copy on saturday already. Was unable to install it until 10:20 PM my time ( GMT +1 - around 3 hours ago. )

There is a release day patch that is mandatory. The download servers, were slammed even though very few people had their copies already. The patch is 41 MB, it took me about 1 hour to download it ( It was jumping from 3 kilobyte / sec to 20 kilobyte / sec ). So don't get too excited about playing right away.. as you will be disappointed.
    Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Juvarial
    @Bio2hazard: Post it on rapidshare or something? ; D 
    Thats quite mad.
    Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bio2hazard
    @Juvarial:  I would but it seems that, unlike WoW, it does not keep a backup of the patch .exe file. I only have the extracted files which are about 100 mb, and the game would probably not recognize those.. so I don't think I can help ;x Sorry. I even checked the download logs and patch logs, but they don't reveal the address or filename.
    Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Juvarial
    @Bio2hazard: Thanks for the try man : ( 
    Sall good - Guess were all gonna have to pray and suffer through : )
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Pinworm45

I'm sure the game (sc1 and broodwar) are included in the Collectors Edition CD key along with the WoW pet and bonus stuff.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bio2hazard
    @Pinworm45:  This was not the case for me.  In my Game Case, I have 1 key. That key added Starcraft 2 to my Battle.NET and gave my WoW accounts the pets. It did not give me the Starcraft Anthology. It might differ in region ( Germany here ). My recommendation is that you check and if it doesn't get added - pop in the stick, start the installer, copy the Key and add it to Battle.NET manually - just to make sure. ( Though I am sure that most of the people here already had a SC1 copy before.. ).

This actually works out fairly well, as you can give your SC1 CD Key to someone else, should you already own a SC1 CD Key. Might be helpful in getting friends in on the SC craze. :)
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Bio2hazard: Also, I heard the CE gets way more trials for SC2.  You get 2 in game case and 2 inside the box itself right?
    Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bio2hazard
    @KaosAngel:  Not sure if that is a regional difference or not, but I had no Gift Cards inside the CE box ( outside of the game case ). Within the Game Box i had 2 WoW trial cards and 2 SC2 Trial Cards.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spoonman671

If anybody has an extra free pass code from the collector's edition then I wouldn't mind taking it off their hands.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.