Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Starcraft 2 tips/help

Avatar image for frasercunningham
    FraserCunningham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FraserCunningham

I have just signed up for TwoLines Starcraft 2 tourney and I am looking for a few tips. I am fairly new to Starcraft but like to use the Protoss, maybe if some of you GiantBomb users out there can give me some kind of a strategy so I'm not knocked out straight away. 

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For protoss, like Just build cannons right at his base from the very begginning. if you build them right next to his workers, you will win economically. 

ShadowLords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShadowLords
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill:  will not work in tournys because im sure their playing good enough to spot a probe come in and never come out and will scout around their base, also they can very easily send their workers to kill 1 probe setting a pylon they can see.
    @FraserCunningham: theres no surefire one strategy to win, but making high templars is a common unit in any build that'll do great if you use it right.  you have to scout, say if there terran and are massing marines and mauraders try and get a colloses or 2 in the back  and keep em alive to do tons of damage, if their making tanks or thors immortals are a good counter unit, if you see them going air go with phoenixs as a plus they can lift up and immobilize ground units which are great pickoffs for siege tanks and such, i suggest a fairly quickish robotics bay and a couple of observers for a scout in their base
    Avatar image for frasercunningham
    FraserCunningham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FraserCunningham

Thanks for the helpful tips guys hoping to see more. Also thanks for the tip for using immortals for counter-units as I was unsure.

ShadowLords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShadowLords

your welcome, happy to help(:

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Rayeth

The best advice I can give is to just play normally.  Don't try to cheese for a victory or do something crazy you saw some other guy doing.   Play what you have practiced and if you lose or win, no big deal.   Tournaments are nerve-wracking and crazy.  Just try and stay calm and practice, practice, practice.

harmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By harmonic
    danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By danimal_furry

Shoot first, ask questions later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.