Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Terrans OP

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishan6

So i was skimming through the Team liquid forums and saw this pretty amazing song 
    at first i was just like wow a fanmade rap song for a video game that actually is kind of alright 
    but then i realized... this shit is so true 
    You need to listen to the lyrics so you can realize that its completely true 
    also just so u know you might need to have a decent knowledge of starcraft and a little bit of the pro's just to get it 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

That was hilarious and awesome, as well as a good song. 

However, I can say that Terran ain't OP.  Protoss and their Void Rays bullshit is fucked, though.

BlueStriped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BlueStriped

I hate stalkers.......

XTraFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By XTraFries

everyone's always bitching about something, no matter what race you play. 

2 gate rushes, void rays, and canon rushes can seem pretty OP too. 

The one thing I'll bend on is that the ability to fly buildings around is an edge that the other races don't have, but only a handful of assholes exploit that to the fullest.

Could things use some tweaking? yeah, but not just on the T side.  I'm really getting tired of the constant "Terran OP" thing that's been around since launch.

Just because Idra says it when he loses doesn't make it true =p

But not gonna lie, rap itself is pretty good.

Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Juvarial
    @jakob187: Use Stim marines or put 3-4 missile turrets and thats GG for the rays. 
    @Raggy:
      Stim Marauders and its GG for Stalkers
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By thatfrood

This is great, so much to agree with.
    Playing as zerg is especially painful.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

That's pretty good. 

Except the part at the end where he talks shit about Husky. 

So fuck this rap.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By meteora
    @ajamafalous: If you read the response in the comments, the guy didn't have a problem with Husky. 

Also that was a pretty good rap.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Meteora said:
    " @ajamafalous: If you read the response in the comments, the guy didn't have a problem with Husky. "
    Ah, I had just watched the embedded one.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kishan6
    @ThatFrood said:
    " This is great, so much to agree with. Playing as zerg is especially painful. "
    exactly 
    i feel ur pain fellow zerg
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By sixghost
    @ajamafalous said:
    "That's pretty good.     Except the part at the end where he talks shit about Husky.  So fuck this rap. "

That's the best part. I play Terran and I willfully admit it's fucking overpowered im some respects.
    Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Feanor
    @jakob187: No, if you get beat by rays you are bad. However try dealing with EMP's when you are Protoss. 
    bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By bibledoctor
    @XTraFries: Cannon rush, and Void Rays are extremely easy to counter/avoid. And this is coming from a Protoss player.
    Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Levio
    @BibleDoctor said:
    " @XTraFries: Cannon rush, and Void Rays are extremely easy to counter/avoid. And this is coming from a Protoss player. "
    You sure you didn't mean a Terran or Zerg player...?

Anyway, I think Terran bio is too easy to pull off.  Its the only autoattack strat left, which seems kinda odd.  Either way I'm just waiting for some good customs to come out.
    ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By ethan_raiden

ASK THE TOSS IN THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!

A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow
    @BibleDoctor: 
    As another toss player i would agree with you 
    cannon pushes are useless all they have to do us  look for if a probe goes in your base and goes to a corner
    and I've used void rays and still lost plenty of times
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JokerClown88

Well...I do know that as Zerg, ZvT is my best matchup, so I cant say that Terran is Over Powered.

Domorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Domorin
    @JokerClown88 said:

" Well...I do know that as Zerg, ZvT is my best matchup, so I cant say that Terran is Over Powered. "

It's kinda funny, I play Terran and every now and then at the start of a game after I say gl hf, the zerg would complain that I'm playing terran and that it's overpowered and that I'm a noob. When this happens, the zerg turns out being bad and I demolish them. Keep in mind I lose to zerg quite a bit. There seems to be a certain minority of people who just deeply believe that Terrans OP, and they think it's impossible to win against them. If they lose to a terran, it must be because they're overpowered, and skill has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I'm not saying terran isn't overpowered, but they're still beatable if you do the right things. It just seems like some people have stopped trying and it's pretty stupid. Yes some terran builds are overpowered, and I do think they need a nerf, but they're not so overpowered that there's no point in trying.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Domorin said:
    " @JokerClown88 said:
    " Well...I do know that as Zerg, ZvT is my best matchup, so I cant say that Terran is Over Powered. "
    It's kinda funny, I play Terran and every now and then at the start of a game after I say gl hf, the zerg would complain that I'm playing terran and that it's overpowered and that I'm a noob. When this happens, the zerg turns out being bad and I demolish them. Keep in mind I lose to zerg quite a bit. There seems to be a certain minority of people who just deeply believe that Terrans OP, and they think it's impossible to win against them. If they lose to a terran, it must be because they're overpowered, and skill has nothing to do with it.  Anyway, I'm not saying terran isn't overpowered, but they're still beatable if you do the right things. It just seems like some people have stopped trying and it's pretty stupid. Yes some terran builds are overpowered, and I do think they need a nerf, but they're not so much OP that there's no point in trying. "
    Just 3-4 marauders with conc. shell beats a toss every time. You have to skip the first zealot and go straight for cybercore to even think of dealing with it, then you can get maybe 3 stalkers out but 3 marauders will always beat an 3 stalkers. 

Terran's ridiculous early game. Slightly less ridiculous late game, mostly because of storm.
    cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By cap123

amazing. 

I play terran :(

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JokerClown88
    @Domorin: There are counters for everything.  If I see that the Terran player is going for mass Marine Maurader, I build Banelings.  Hellion harass?  Mass Zerglings or Roaches.  Airforce?  Corrupters and Mutalisks.  

Also as a sidenote...Mutalisk harass seems to piss people off to no end.  Especially Terran players for some reason.  I wiped out a terran players economy with a single Mutalisk raid.  He gave me a fantastice "fuck you" and rage quit.  I love it.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @JokerClown88:  No there isn't. How do you beat a super early marauder push as toss? You don't. Uber-expensive stalker gets its ass kicked by the uber-cheap marauder. Zealots are useless. Sentries get fucked.

Mass marine? Well, I have to build a bunch of 125/50 units on 2 gas to beat a shitty 4 naked rax mass marine no gas build that any noob terran with 12 APM can do.
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JokerClown88
    @SJSchmidt93: I dont play toss though.  Im a zerg guy.
    Domorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Domorin
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @JokerClown88:  No there isn't. How do you beat a super early marauder push as toss? You don't. Uber-expensive stalker gets its ass kicked by the uber-cheap marauder. Zealots are useless. Sentries get fucked.  Mass marine? Well, I have to build a bunch of 125/50 units on 2 gas to beat a shitty 4 naked rax mass marine no gas build that any noob terran with 12 APM can do. "
    I really doubt there's no counter to it. Just because there's no counter that you're aware of doesn't mean it's impossible to beat. Out of curiousity what league are you in?
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Domorin said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @JokerClown88:  No there isn't. How do you beat a super early marauder push as toss? You don't. Uber-expensive stalker gets its ass kicked by the uber-cheap marauder. Zealots are useless. Sentries get fucked.  Mass marine? Well, I have to build a bunch of 125/50 units on 2 gas to beat a shitty 4 naked rax mass marine no gas build that any noob terran with 12 APM can do. "
    I really doubt there's no counter to it. Just because there's no counter that you're aware of doesn't mean it's impossible to beat. Out of curiousity what league are you in? "
    Diamond.
    Domorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Domorin
    @SJSchmidt93: Maybe this'll help.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=143252
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nephrahim

Just get sentries and block off your ramp constantly.  YEs, it's not the most glorious strat, but if you can get immortals or VRs out, his marauders become a lot less threatening. 

Anyway, Domorin has the right attitude.  Nobody in this topic is a pro, so don't act like you have tried every single conceivable strat, refined your game to perfection, and have found no way to beat a terran.  Maybe they're OP, not denying, but the important thing is to keep trying, not just give up.

AngryMrWiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AngryMrWiggles

I think Terrans and Protoss and quite balanced against each other, however I do think that Zerg is broken. I win most of the time against Zerg and I play either as T or P. Blizzard needs to review the Zerg race.

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By doe3879

the 2 other race MUST defend against M&M with decent player.
    if they fail to do so, they lose
    if they succeed, Terran just bunker up outside their choke and expand
     if they succeed, Terran just bunker up outside YOUR choke and expand 

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CaptainObvious

I'm Terran and I'm proud! 

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NoXious
    @SJSchmidt93:
    How can you be in Diamond and state Sentries get raped. If you knew how to play, you'd realize Sentries are the one thing keeping Protoss from being underpowered early game...
    And hell - I even saw a video of it done by Husky. Sure the Terran player was rather off when looking back at that movie but it showed how you can easily counter early bio.
    Here's Part 1.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@AngryMrWiggles said:
    " I think Terrans and Protoss and quite balanced against each other, however I do think that Zerg is broken. I win most of the time against Zerg and I play either as T or P. Blizzard needs to review the Zerg race. "
    Yeah, the weak Zerg are preventing me from playing online. I want to play Zerg but that just doesn't seem to be a valid option right now. Major bummer.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By jimbo_n

As a zerg player I applaud this! Good stuff!
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jimbo_n
    @atomic_dumpling said:
    " @AngryMrWiggles said:
    " I think Terrans and Protoss and quite balanced against each other, however I do think that Zerg is broken. I win most of the time against Zerg and I play either as T or P. Blizzard needs to review the Zerg race. "
    Yeah, the weak Zerg are preventing me from playing online. I want to play Zerg but that just doesn't seem to be a valid option right now. Major bummer. "

For me its the other way around. The feeling of FINALLY getting your perfect macrogame and swarming the emeny beats any win with Terran or Toss even if you're more likely to loose before you start capping your resources =)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Jimbo_N said:

" @atomic_dumpling said:

" @AngryMrWiggles said:
    Yeah, the weak Zerg are preventing me from playing online. I want to play Zerg but that just doesn't seem to be a valid option right now. Major bummer. "
    For me its the other way around. The feeling of FINALLY getting your perfect macrogame and swarming the emeny beats any win with Terran or Toss even if you're more likely to loose before you start capping your resources =) "
    Granted I only played the medium KI so far, but the Zerg ressource management seems off. I got mad crystals early on that I simply couldn't spent fast enough, while running extremely short on vespine gas.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jimbo_n
    @atomic_dumpling:
    Yea Zerg is very reliant on gas later on in the match. you should preferrably have at least 6 geysers if the game is starting to drag on. Alwyas out-resource the other races. If you're on the same amount of expos as a terran youre screwed. keep him occupied and expand again.
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nephrahim

Don't be that way.  You can win with Zerg, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 

They may need some buffs, but they can still be super powerful.  6 pool is a nice threat early game, speedings with baneling support can do great against the other races. 

Resource management is not off, if you had not enough Vespene, you should have expanded.  Were you getting Mutas?  That's one of the most gas intensive units for zerg to focus on.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Domorin said:

" @SJSchmidt93: Maybe this'll help.   http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=143252 "

Anyway, off-topic, sort of but, but I found you on Bnet and noticed your in a stacked divison. Ever got to play some 1000+ pros? I saw MasterAsia and Machine are right above you.

@NoXious

said:

" @SJSchmidt93:
    How can you be in Diamond and state Sentries get raped. If you knew how to play, you'd realize Sentries are the one thing keeping Protoss from being underpowered early game...
    And hell - I even saw a video of it done by Husky. Sure the Terran player was rather off when looking back at that movie but it showed how you can easily counter early bio.
    Here's Part 1. "

I said nothing about there use, for one. I said they die. I would need a fuckton of gas to get enough sentries to forcefield until VR's.. or whatever. Do you play Protoss? Are you in Diamond? Do you know things about the game, other than what you read on forums and see on youtube? And I know how to counter bio, you storm the shit out of their army, problem is you need at least 2 bases and lots of time to do so.
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nephrahim

Late game, yeah, Storm is great, but for timing pushes, Sentries are invaluable.  Not only can you wall off your ramp, you can also cut their army in two at your ramp, letting your zealots destroy them (They have nowhere to run) or just in general using them to cut off escape routes. 

Concussive shells don't do a lot of good when the marauders have nowhere to run.  That said, yeah, you do eventually need storm or Collsi, most likely Templar, who can feedback Medivacs as well.

Domorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Domorin
    @SJSchmidt93: Nah, I've played some 900 point guys, but never anyone I've heard of. And my division does not compare to some of the other divisions. Someone I played against was in a division with a TON of amazing people, incontrol, Huk, and alot of other people that I'm too stupid to remember the names of, but atleast 7-8 names I recognized.
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nephrahim

MasterAsia  seems like the big semi-famous guy of that division, since he's not only one of the top Zerg, but had that hilarious Zergling vs Zealot clincher on HD's stream. 

ReLoaDeD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ReLoaDeD

well I would agree that some Terran options are OP especially after watching the 3 rax reaper in the IEM finals, I think that a part of the problem is just how Protoss and Zerg are dealing with the terran builds they're are scouting, I think that mutalisk harass is something that could even the ZvT playing field, if done correctly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.