Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

The Pro Starcraft II Guide For Pros and Those Who Aspire Pro-ness

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ekajarmstro

The Pro Starcraft II Guide For Pros and Those Who Aspire Pro-ness at Starcraft II

Hello dear readers. I am writing this guide because I am undeniably such a pro (at everything) that you will need to read this if you too wish to be a pro (at Starcraft II). This guide has been months in the making. The amount of time I spent on painstaking research is nearly unthinkable. To proclaim that I wrote this all about 10 minutes ago is ridiculous.

First thing first, you must ask yourself one important question. Do you live in Korea? If you answered yes to the previous question then you are already set, otherwise continue on.

What does it mean to be a “pro”? Webster’s Dictionary defines pro as, “an argument or evidence in affirmation.” I don’t know what that means, but it is irrelevant. You can be pro simply if you are better than everyone else and make sure that everyone else knows it. Employing techniques such as harassment on Battle.net, especially with alternate accounts, is a great way to accomplish this. Being pro has absolutely nothing to do with whether you make an income from the game or not – whoever told you this is a liar and doesn’t love you.

Before you start learning strategies you need to decide on which race to play. There is no need to understand the game as a whole, so you must focus all your effort on the one race that you can exploit the best. Now, if you want to be the best, you must learn from the best. You are already half doing that by reading this guide, but you can learn from arguably the best player (present company excluded) by listening to what IdrA says. In a recent interview he is quoted as saying “Protoss is the simplest race to get good at.” You don’t want to do anything complex on your path to pro-ocity, so naturally you must pick Protoss. But if IdrA is the best player shouldn’t I play Zerg you ask? Should I play Random like Day9 so I understand the game as a whole? No! You are wrong. If I need to explain to you why then you have already failed.

So now we must ask ourselves, how do we do well at Protoss? All of the best Protoss players (HuK, Nony, iNcontroL etc.) all wore hoodies at MLG DC. If you want to be a pro at Protoss you must immediately buy a hoodie and wear it at all times while playing. The temperature has nothing to do with it. Do not return until you have done this.

Ok, you have a hoodie. Good. But you still aren’t completely well equipped. You must buy the most expensive mouse and keyboard you can find, with the most pro gaming marketing dollars behind it. The more expensive it is, the better player you will become. It’s also better if it is wireless so you can move around while you play and your mouse or keyboard can conveniently die at the right time to allow you to have a rematch. Unnecessary extra features such as APM technology will also pay dividends.

Speaking of APM, it’s really the only thing that matters. Starcraft II is a game that occurs in real time, so if you are faster and can do more things at once you will win, plain and simple. In the acronym RTS two of the letters are about speed, and only one letter is about strategy, so being fast is twice as important as being smart. Make sure you are constantly spamming so your APM is AT LEAST above 200. Click inaccurately 20 times before making the right action. The only thing that matters is if people think you are good and when they see your APM they will know how gosu you are.

Despite all this, the only thing that really matters is what your strategy is. The longer the game goes on the more thinking you will have to do, so you need to end every game you play as fast as possible. You want to have more wins than anyone else, and in order for that to happen all you need to do is simply play more games than everyone else. Again, you need your games to end as quickly as possible. The number of losses you may rack up is irrelevant. Remember, speed is the only thing that really matters. So, with this in mind you should 4 warp gate every single game. Some cheeses are even faster, but people are finally learning to stop them. You have to exploit 4 warp gate RIGHT NOW while many people still don’t know how to stop it. The best method of improving is to exploit the most current overpowered strategy until people learn how to stop it or it is patched out. Then jump to the next overpowered strategy. By the time the game is perfectly balanced you will already be pro, and whenever someone talks trash you can tell them just to look at your record, and you won’t have to actually play games anymore. Being able to show off is really the only thing that matters.

The enemy may also employ ridiculously cheesy strategies against you, such as 14 gas 14 pool, 9 pylon 12 gateway, or going 1/1/1. There is only one way to stop this. First, you must pick one unit that is a part of that strategy. Secondly, you must cry imbalance about that unit and the entire race that unit is from on every single forum you can. Make multiple topics as well – the more vocal you are the more likely Blizzard will think your opinion is majority and a fact. Once Blizzard changes the game so the good stuff can only be used by you, you will be able to continue on the path to pro-ness.

Well, if you have followed this guide you should be a pro by now. Just remember to keep playing and cheesing to make other players rage. The game is not about having fun; it is about stopping as many other people as you can from having fun. That’s the only thing that really matters. As well as being pro.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ben_H

You must also remember that as a professional Protoss player, your hoodie must have the hood up at all times, and you must wear your headphones over the hood, NEVER under. 

HuK Demonstrates Proper Hoodie wearing technique. Clearly the person behind him is an amateur as their hood is not up!
          HuK Demonstrates Proper Hoodie wearing technique. Clearly the person behind him is an amateur as their hood is not up!

Also, Planetary Fortress is imba!
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Donos

I lol'd. Ironically, tabs hurt my eyes. Was that intentional?

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By wchigo

The funny thing is, I play Protoss as well and lately because of the weather, I've been wearing my hoodie while indoors. Even with the hood on sometimes! But I guess I fail in the regard that I wear my headphones under my hood, not over. :(

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ekajarmstro

Thanks for the pro responses guys. The tabs are just a beneficial side effect of copy-pasting from word.

ColMirage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ColMirage
    @EkajArmstro said:
    "  Thanks for the pro responses guys. The tabs are just a beneficial side effect of copy-pasting from word. "
    Oh shit, I got mah hood now, YOU GOIN DOWN!
    SelkciPlum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SelkciPlum

As I read more and more, I got more and more worried that Ekaj based that entire post on how I play.

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By leburgan

Ejak you forgot one thing. MOTHRESHIP RUSH!

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By BunkerBuster

Don't forget to always use gateways. Enemy has marauders, 4 gate. Enemy has Brood Lords 9 gate. Enemy has Ghosts with nukes 12 gate. The bigger the problem the more gates you need.

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ekajarmstro

More great responses -- I'll probably have to post version 1.1 of this guide on Team Liquid incorporating some of the awesome ideas here. I also need to update the guide to nerf Terran and buff Zerg, clearly.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dipstick

Teamliquid.net 

That's how you become good. Go read it.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By wchigo
    @tankintheair315 said:
    " Ejak you forgot one thing. MOTHRESHIP RUSH! "
    taht's halo, dont worry  O_O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.