Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

This made me glad I 4gated him

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

I get a PvZ on Shattered Temple.  I start off normal with no intention on doing anything other than 3gate expand.  Until he steals my gas.  So I just say fuck it, drop a 4 gate, don't even bother to get the gas.

I walked around his spine crawlers at his nature and killed all his drones.  After the hatch dies, I go to the match and he starts talking shit.  "Protoss is such a joke." Blah blah blah.  It was like I was in a game with idra himself.  Except I won.  Don't do a 14 hatch, and then bitch when you get 4gated.  I didn't even make any super imba sentries.

This is the replay: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/160847-1v1-protoss-zerg-gutterhulk

Also, this game just confused me.  No BM, but it is just weird:  http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/160848-1v1-terran-protoss-shakuras-plateau

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By raiz265
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    " I get a PvZ on Shattered Temple.  I start off normal with no intention on doing anything other than 3gate expand.  Until he steals my gas.  So I just say fuck it, drop a 4 gate, don't even bother to get the gas.  "
    That's exactly how I do it. :D
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By amir90

fuck yeah!

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Donos

That's odd... the last game I played last night was a ZvP on Shattered Temple. I stole his gas, the protoss 3 gated and tried to expand, I cancelled his expo with speedlings, he hid in his base for a bit then attacked me and I killed him. If you steal a protoss' gas and 14 hatch, you really don't have the right to bitch when he 4gates you. Where did he think those extra minerals were going?
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By wchigo

I played a PvZ on... oh I forget what map it was now. But yeah, he managed to sneak a drone into my base and performed a gas steal. So since I couldn't 3 Gate Sentry Expand I changed it to the 1 Gas 4 Gate. He actually managed to sneak a ling past my forces and scouted my whole main, but somehow when I got to his base I was still able to overwhelm him and take him down. Surprisingly, no bm from him: he gg'd and left. 

pigmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pigmartyr
    @Cataphract1014:
    Good Job sir. I mean arent there really only two options for a fast expand? Go kill it or expand yourself?

@Donos said:
    " That's odd... the last game I played last night was a ZvP on Shattered Temple. I stole his gas, the protoss 3 gated and tried to expand, I cancelled his expo with speedlings, he hid in his base for a bit then attacked me and I killed him. If you steal a protoss' gas and 14 hatch, you really don't have the right to bitch when he 4gates you. Where did he think those extra minerals were going? "

Also this.

Next time just tell him your Void rays were hallucinations and watch his head explode.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ben_H

Same thing for me a few days back.  Saw a zerg go around 15-16 hatch (super greedy) before pool close positions on Metalopolis and then he had the balls to try to contain me.  So I went for a delayed 4gate with void rays thrown in and killed him in one shot.  He whined about protoss and left.  Zergs need to realize you can't hatch first on small maps like LT/ST or Metalopolis and expect to be left to get a huge advantage.

PvZ on Tal'Darim Altar I take option 2 of the "You see him fast expand" rules and 15 nexus then defend with cannons and a wall-off.  It is insanely effective.
    Moleh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Moleh

I get a ZvP on XNC. I start off normal with no intention on doing anything other than 15hatch. Until I realize I am up against a Protoss. So I just say fuck it, drop a 6pool, don't even bother to get the drones.

I walked in his main and kill all probes. After the Nexus dies, I go to the match and he starts talking shit. "6pool is such a joke." Blah blah blah. Don't play Protoss, and then bitch when you get 6pooled. I didn't even make any super imba Broodlo-...Ultrali-...Roaches?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DystopiaX

I got a ZVP on Metalopolis. I timing attack him off 6gate and kill him easily. He leaves the game saying "If you have no skill make immortals...fuck this protoss shit.

I didn't make immortals. He scouted my base and I didn't have a robo (I was going stargate)...wtf?
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ben_H
    @DystopiaX said:
    " I got a ZVP on Metalopolis. I timing attack him off 6gate and kill him easily. He leaves the game saying "If you have no skill make immortals...fuck this protoss shit.

I didn't make immortals. He scouted my base and I didn't have a robo (I was going stargate)...wtf?
    "
    The funny thing is immortals actually require more skill than most units to use as you have to micro them into range of enemy units since they can barely shoot a foot in front of them and are slower so they get caught behind stalkers and sentries.  Still my favourite unit in the game.  3/3 immortals can take out anything armored in like 2 shots.
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Moleh:  6pool hardly ever works!!!
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By amir90
    @Cataphract1014: It usually works on that 1v1 map with a big ramp.
    haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By haffy
    @Ben_H said:
    " Same thing for me a few days back.  Saw a zerg go around 15-16 hatch (super greedy) before pool close positions on Metalopolis and then he had the balls to try to contain me.  So I went for a delayed 4gate with void rays thrown in and killed him in one shot.  He whined about protoss and left.  Zergs need to realize you can't hatch first on small maps like LT/ST or Metalopolis and expect to be left to get a huge advantage.

PvZ on Tal'Darim Altar I take option 2 of the "You see him fast expand" rules and 15 nexus then defend with cannons and a wall-off.  It is insanely effective.
    "

Why are you giving Zerg advice when you clearly have no idea how to play Zerg?
    @Ben_H
    said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " I got a ZVP on Metalopolis. I timing attack him off 6gate and kill him easily. He leaves the game saying "If you have no skill make immortals...fuck this protoss shit.

"
    The funny thing is immortals actually require more skill than most units to use as you have to micro them into range of enemy units since they can barely shoot a foot in front of them and are slower so they get caught behind stalkers and sentries.  Still my favourite unit in the game.  3/3 immortals can take out anything armored in like 2 shots. "
    5 range is low range? Compared to what unit is that low? The collosis?
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @amir90 said:
    " @Cataphract1014: It usually works on that 1v1 map with a big ramp. "
    Scrap station is the worst map in the pool, and it is downvoted!
    mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrv321
    @haffy said:
    " @Ben_H said:
    " Same thing for me a few days back.  Saw a zerg go around 15-16 hatch (super greedy) before pool close positions on Metalopolis and then he had the balls to try to contain me.  So I went for a delayed 4gate with void rays thrown in and killed him in one shot.  He whined about protoss and left.  Zergs need to realize you can't hatch first on small maps like LT/ST or Metalopolis and expect to be left to get a huge advantage.

"

@Ben_H
    said:
    " @DystopiaX said:

"
    The funny thing is immortals actually require more skill than most units to use as you have to micro them into range of enemy units since they can barely shoot a foot in front of them and are slower so they get caught behind stalkers and sentries.  Still my favourite unit in the game.  3/3 immortals can take out anything armored in like 2 shots. "
    5 range is low range? Compared to what unit is that low? The collosis? "
    Compared to Stalkers with a range of 6 and sentries with a range of 5. which it is all too easy for 3 or 4 immortals to get stuck behind.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ben_H
    @haffy said:

" @Ben_H said:

"

"
    Why are you saying I'm giving zerg advice when I'm talking about going for 15 nexus AGAINST zerg on Tal'Darim Altar and going for a two base attack AGAINST a greedy zerg close ground positions on Metalopolis .  The guy I was talking to is a Protoss, which is my main race as well.  He said ZvP but he obviously meant PvZ, which is a common and insignificant mistake to make.   He 6gated a Zerg who then proceeded to say that immortals won him the game when he did not in fact have any.  We wouldn't be talking about his opponent saying that the dude was making immortals if he was Zerg and could not in fact make Immortals in the first place.  And what I was referring to is zergs who go hatch first close positions on smaller maps then drone really hard, then die because they have little to defend so they claim imbalance because they're greedy and don't scout even though they coudl have map control with zerglings.  Perhaps in the future you should read posts before acting like a complete dick.

@mrv321 said:

"
    Compared to Stalkers with a range of 6 and sentries with a range of 5. which it is all too easy for 3 or 4 immortals to get stuck behind. "

This combined with the fact that immortals are often target fired in smaller engagements because of how potent they are against roaches and spine crawlers, so saving them by moving them out of the way to regenerate shields is a good skill toi have.

Haffy, what race do you play, I'm guessing not protoss?  mrv knew exactly what I was talking about with how immortals get caught behind unless you move them in front of the other units, as stalkers are faster and often get in front of the other units, which can be particularly problematic with zealots, who are obviously melee units, and immortals, which are kinda unwieldy to use.  It's something Protoss players get used to and have to deal with.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By WickedCestus

If you go to the Zerg Strategy chatroom you will find a lot of the same sentiment. A lot of people saying that Protoss is OP because of sentries and photon cannons.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By imsh_pl
    @supermike6 said:
    " If you go to the Zerg Strategy chatroom you will find a lot of the same sentiment. A lot of people saying that Protoss is OP because of sentries and photon cannons. "
    Saying that toss is op because of... photon cannons?

lol
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Rowr

i feel like this thread might as well be written in chinese.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By haffy
    @Ben_H said:

" @haffy said:

" @Ben_H said:

"

"
    Why are you saying I'm giving zerg advice when I'm talking about going for 15 nexus AGAINST zerg on Tal'Darim Altar and going for a two base attack AGAINST a greedy zerg close ground positions on Metalopolis .  The guy I was talking to is a Protoss, which is my main race as well.  He said ZvP but he obviously meant PvZ, which is a common and insignificant mistake to make.   He 6gated a Zerg who then proceeded to say that immortals won him the game when he did not in fact have any.  We wouldn't be talking about his opponent saying that the dude was making immortals if he was Zerg and could not in fact make Immortals in the first place.  And what I was referring to is zergs who go hatch first close positions on smaller maps then drone really hard, then die because they have little to defend so they claim imbalance because they're greedy and don't scout even though they coudl have map control with zerglings.  Perhaps in the future you should read posts before acting like a complete dick.

@mrv321

said:

"
    Compared to Stalkers with a range of 6 and sentries with a range of 5. which it is all too easy for 3 or 4 immortals to get stuck behind. "

This combined with the fact that immortals are often target fired in smaller engagements because of how potent they are against roaches and spine crawlers, so saving them by moving them out of the way to regenerate shields is a good skill toi have. Haffy, what race do you play, I'm guessing not protoss?  mrv knew exactly what I was talking about with how immortals get caught behind unless you move them in front of the other units, as stalkers are faster and often get in front of the other units, which can be particularly problematic with zealots, who are obviously melee units, and immortals, which are kinda unwieldy to use.  It's something Protoss players get used to and have to deal with. "

I was talking about 15-16 hatch for Zerg. I'm obviously not talking about the 15 nexus. The only time I mentioned immortals was about their range. I don't understand how they're hard to micro considering they have 1 more range than the unit they're meant to be used against and you have force fields which help with that as well. All you really have to do is keep them infront which isn't really micro and more positioning. Also 15-16 hatch is no way greedy for Zerg. The only way you beat that is by going 2 gate zealot or sometimes cannon rushing can kill it. 4 gate 1 stargate would be ridicously easy to beat going  hatch first because your attack is going to be delayed so the only way you win is by hoping you don't get your stargate scouted and they made only roaches. The way you talk about 15 hatch being greedy is just pretty stupid to be honest.

I play Zerg, but I got to masters on the US server with Protoss. Pvz being by far my best match up then pvt, pvp.
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @haffy said:

I was talking about 15-16 hatch for Zerg. I'm obviously not talking about the 15 nexus. The only time I mentioned immortals was about their range. I don't understand how they're hard to micro considering they have 1 more range than the unit they're meant to be used against and you have force fields which help with that as well. All you really have to do is keep them infront which isn't really micro and more positioning. Also 15-16 hatch is no way greedy for Zerg. The only way you beat that is by going 2 gate zealot or sometimes cannon rushing can kill it. 4 gate 1 stargate would be ridicously easy to beat going  hatch first because your attack is going to be delayed so the only way you win is by hoping you don't get your stargate scouted and they made only roaches. The way you talk about 15 hatch being greedy is just pretty stupid to be honest.I play Zerg, but I got to masters on the US server with Protoss. Pvz being by far my best match up then pvt, pvp. "

They are huge and easily target fired in the front.  Leading with immortals against anything besides siege tanks is a guaranteed way to get them killed with in the first 10 seconds of the engagement.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ben_H
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    " @haffy said:

I was talking about 15-16 hatch for Zerg. I'm obviously not talking about the 15 nexus. The only time I mentioned immortals was about their range. I don't understand how they're hard to micro considering they have 1 more range than the unit they're meant to be used against and you have force fields which help with that as well. All you really have to do is keep them infront which isn't really micro and more positioning. Also 15-16 hatch is no way greedy for Zerg. The only way you beat that is by going 2 gate zealot or sometimes cannon rushing can kill it. 4 gate 1 stargate would be ridicously easy to beat going  hatch first because your attack is going to be delayed so the only way you win is by hoping you don't get your stargate scouted and they made only roaches. The way you talk about 15 hatch being greedy is just pretty stupid to be honest.I play Zerg, but I got to masters on the US server with Protoss. Pvz being by far my best match up then pvt, pvp. "

They are huge and easily target fired in the front.  Leading with immortals against anything besides siege tanks is a guaranteed way to get them killed with in the first 10 seconds of the engagement. "
    This.

Also, haffy you are looking waaaay too deep into what I said.  All I meant was if you see a zerg go hatch first either FE yourself or go FSU before he gets super powerful from his economic lead.  I open 2gate stargate against zerg unless it is a huge map hence why I would do a push with air units.  Greedy wasn't the right word looking back, I should have said risky.  4gate stargate is perfectly fine for what I'm talking about, which is a push at around 9-10 minutes with mostly gateway units and maybe 2 void rays with the expansion up and running, before any significant number of hydras can be on the field. It's like a 3gate expand into 6 gate all-in but with a couple stargate units instead of pure gateway units.
    craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By craigbo180
    @Rowr said:
    " i feel like this thread might as well be written in chinese. "
    Right there with you. I only came in because I wanted to know what it means to 4gate someone.
    SelkciPlum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SelkciPlum
    @haffy said:
     I got to masters on the US server with Protoss. Pvz being by far my best match up then pvt, pvp. "
    I think (insert race here) vs Zerg is everyone's best match-up.
    Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spectreman

I steal the two gas when I can. Unless against terran, because that force the enemy to do mass marines and I loose. :/

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've thought about playing starcraft but this thread intimidates and scares me, I'm gonna go

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.