Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Stardew Valley

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 26, 2016

After escaping the burden of city life, an office worker begins their new life managing their grandfather's farmland in the rural region of Stardew Valley in this indie mix of top-down action-RPG and life simulation.

How far into your game are you?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I'm currently a few days into summer of my first year and have played around six and a half hours. I wasted a lot of days during the first two weeks of my game going to sleep as soon as I was done farming and constantly over exerting myself, so I flew through a chunk of Spring pretty quickly. I would have liked to spend a few more of those early days foraging and exploring. I don't think I even went to the mines until around the end of my third week.

Where in your calendar cycle are you and what is your total play time?

captainjudaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Halfway through Spring of Year 2. Currently in the process of undoing some early mistakes since you can't just move buildings without doing data editing. Really wish you could just pay a fee to move buildings rather then having to build a new building, move the animals, then demolish the old one. Mostly doing this because my farm is nearing it's end of me knowing what I want to do with it with trees/grass on the left side, crops in the middle, and animals/artisan stuff on the right. Play time is at 46 hours.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Just starting Fall Year 1. My fishing is maxed and all my other skills are at least level 5. Upgraded my house to have a kitchen, have four fruit trees going, two silos, a chicken coop, and a plot of about 90-100 plants on auto-wash with the nice sprinklers. On Level 95 of the mines but I'm waiting until winter to tackle the rest.

Like @captainjudaism, I'm finding that I want to be able to move my farm buildings, since I originally places my silos and chicken coop on the far left side of my farm where I had initially cleared space, prior to realizing that since you need to check in on animals virtually everyday I would have been better off putting that stuff closer to my house and the crops farther away, but whatever. Total play time about 15-20 hours so far.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

One hour haha got it last night, can't wait to go home and play more

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Tribunal

@lawgamer: Jesus man, those are some skills right there. I'm in Winter of the first year and have been approaching it pretty leisurely. I'm level 7 on everything, but mining. I am making bank though with a pretty spiffy farming setup, no buildings yet though. I want a horse real bad too.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lawgamer: holy shit, that's some incredible efficiency

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@lawgamer: that's nuts - good work. I've been a bit more leisurely about things - am only now getting big into farming in my first Fall. Should be a bit better for year 2. Only at level 45 of mines.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little past halfway if of my first winter. About 40 hrs played. Working on getting Leah to marry me. Saving up 20k+ cause when spring hits ima start a plantation with the sprinklers I have.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

I'm on Day 5 of Spring in Year 3, after 100+ hours played. I, uh... went a bit overboard on it.

Notably, money quit being a problem for me around Summer of Year 2, so I devoted myself to finishing the Community Center bundles for the rest of Year 2. Now that those are done, all I really have left is finishing cooking every meal, catching every fish, 10-hearting every NPC, and customizing my house & farm. (I've only cleared out 2/3rds of it.) I'm kind of burnt out on it, but I'm still tempted to play a few days of it each night as a way to wind down from everything else. The game can flip so quickly between a frantic rush to get everything done in a day to an almost Zenlike experience.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm on day 20 of Spring in Year 3.

Married with Leah and we have a little son who's growing up. I kind of feel that random events get fewer the longer you get into the game. It's a bit sad - for example I have not seen one family event. Other then that I still love every bit of this game. Starting to finish up the community bundles now.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

17 hours. About halfway through my first Autumn (Fall for you heathens)

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 year and 11 days. or about 48 hours game time

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I'm just over 40 hours in and nearing the end of Spring, Year 2. Married to Maru (no kid yet), 10 in farming and foraging, level 120 in the mines, and just finished building a Slime Hutch. I'm waiting to replant for the summer and then I'm going to focus on getting the bus working again to go to the desert. I need way more iridium than I can get right now, so the desert mine seems like my next destination.

@fruitcocoa: ConcernedApe mentioned on the Stardew Valley subreddit that he's working on making post-marriage dialogue more interesting, so hopefully that part of the game will improve. Still, it's cute to kiss my wife before heading out to the fields for the day!

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halfway through winter of the first year. During one of the fall festivals i came across this in the maze

No Caption Provided

Immediately reminded me of the Baba Yaga from Quest for Glory 1 :D

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Year 2 end of spring. 30+ hours.

bson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm around 20hours in the end of spring year 1. This game is bringing out the worst of my OCD and I have to restart days that dont go exactly as planned. Honestly I think the game is kinda stressful and wish Joja corp. would take me back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bson said:

I'm around 20hours in the end of spring year 1. This game is bringing out the worst of my OCD and I have to restart days that dont go exactly as planned. Honestly I think the game is kinda stressful and wish Joja corp. would take me back.

Wow...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.