Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Stardew Valley

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 26, 2016

After escaping the burden of city life, an office worker begins their new life managing their grandfather's farmland in the rural region of Stardew Valley in this indie mix of top-down action-RPG and life simulation.

Stardew Valley - Everything I Wanted It To Be

• 66 results
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@nerolus said:
    No Caption Provided
    That's right.
    That's right.

I was close to doing that haha.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

So. This happened! :D

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every day at around 8:45 AM, except Wednesday when it's closed, I stand in the way of Shane and stare him down as he goes on his walk until he gets mad and storms off. It's the best part of the day.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By TravisRex

@fruitcocoa: I had thoughts of poop. Star trek is better.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Fruitcocoa
    No Caption Provided

I married Leah yesterday and have to say - married life in Stardew Valley is a delight. She helps out on the farm by feeding animals, watering plants and even taking care of Spock (our dog). She even repaired a broken fence! This game is just getting better and better. Oh, and here's an image.

captainjudaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in love with this game. Nearing the end of Summer in my game and it's everything I've wanted it to be from a PC Harvest Moon. If I could change anything though it'd be a respec for some of the profession choices you make in the game, as there is a skill system in the game, in case you regret your choice (but I'd like it if they made this ability expensive to stop abuse) and the ability to relocate buildings for a fee instead of needing to destroy them then remake them ('cause I don't really like where I put my chicken coop). Also I'm really bad at being friends with anyone in the game 'cause I barely have anyone over 3 hearts.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Also really loving this game. Still setting up my farm in a more permanent way but right now it's a rotating crop/mayo factory with occasional delicious jellys and jams artisan crafted and locally sourced by cave bats. Pretty far into the mine and that part of the game isn't bad either. Kind of Persona-y making runs as far as you can before time runs out.

but fuuuuucccckkkkkk the fishing mini game. I don't know, maybe I'm hitting crazy fish that are hard to catch, but I just can't get a hang of keeping the fish in the area with most of them once it starts moving a whole bunch. I think I'm about to just install a mod to make that part easier.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@captainjudaism:yeah you just need to get in a routine of spamming gifts as far as that goes. For example, I'm making good progress on Leah by just grabbing salads from the bar and giving her two a week, which is an item she loves and costs like 250 so not bad. Sparks are starting to fly. If only this worked in real life my game would be tighter. Otherwise I grab the flowers you can forage around town and just give those out willy nilly and most everyone likes them.

captainjudaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By captainjudaism

@artisanbreads: Yeah, I've mostly been spamming the sweetpeas i found during the summer and giving them to Maru and she recently got to 4 hearts with me, now I just need to find her event. Also recently got the first upgrade to my house so I have a kitchen now and found a lot of very basic recipes are liked by almost everyone so I've started to just use those as gifts as they're technically free since my cows/chickens and bee hives get me the ingredients I need. I will agree that the fishing minigame is kinda hard to get used to. It wasn't until fishing level 6, an iridium rod, and using the "Fishing Bobber" tackle that I even stood a chance to even TRY and catch those damn darting fish.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@captainjudaism: Glad to know I'm not alone on the fishing. It just feels very out of place in this game, to me, difficulty wise. Maybe it's cool that it's slightly different. But for an example, I am now down to like 40-45 in the mines and I haven't been below probably like 75% health. Even that combat part isn't as challenging or unforgiving. I figured the fishing would get easier with better gear but I still find it off.

captainjudaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: The biggest issue with fishing, aside from the damn darting fish, is learning how to go between clicking the mouse (I don't know the controls for controllers) to try and keep the fish level steady, when to hold to try and catch up with a fish and not go TO fast that it bounces, and trying to go after the treasure chests without losing the fish since you can get some amazing stuff that was. As for combat as long as you stick with swords the combat isn't that hard. I'm at floor 100 in the mines, because I go into the mines everytime it rains, and the only time I ever felt threatened was when I switched my sword out for a dagger... boy was that a mistake.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9ece82a6c
    deactivated-5d9e9ece82a6c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well having never played harvest moon and seeing from this thread the game has controller support i might give it a try.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@onarum said:

wow...

No Caption Provided

That's pretty cool. On top of that, it looks like Stardew Valley is currently still holding on to the #2 best seller spot on Steam(just behind The Division). Kinda crazy to think this was accomplished by a single person studio...

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@acidpops91: The controller support is not great. It is certainly playable but expect to move a cursor with the controller a bunch.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, duders. Here's a pretty amazing interview with developer Eric Barone!

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.