Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Buggered for Anyone Else?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By End_Boss

Been having some trouble with Steam today. I was on earlier with no problem, but then started getting the "game is not available" error when I tried to launch TF2 and L4D2. Restarted Steam and it froze. Restarted again and it's asking for my password every time I try to log on, despite the "remember my password" feature being turned on.

Anyone else having trouble?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

It's working fine for me. Then again, the only Valve game I have on my computer is Half Life 2: Episode One.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ervonymous

Have you tried the good 'ol delete ClientRegistry.blob?

I had a bizarre problem a month ago, I couldn't log on to any steam account (tried a friend's) on my desktop, laptop worked fine. I reinstalled the whole thing but nothing, then the next morning it just worked. Steam having unexplained problems is nothing new.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.