Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

using cheat engine o steam game share

termnator_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By termnator_2000

i game shared with my dad and he had car mechanic sim 2015. wanted to cheat it and i cant on my dads games or he would get his account banned saw that on the steam site. i bought the game and its on my games not my dads anymore if i cheat the game since its on my games will it harm my dad in anyway since we r game shared?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Unless you're cheating in an online multiplayer game that has Valve anti-cheat, your Steam account isn't going to get VAC banned. You can check the game's store page to see if it uses the VAC system.

Car Mechanic Sim 2015 absolutely doesn't use VAC, so you're free to cheat as much as you want without consequence.

termnator_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay so my dad wont get vac banned either more worried about my dads account than mine. i cheat all the time but since i game shared with my dad more worried about this kind of stuff.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

No, he won't get banned.

termnator_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay thank u very much. me and my dad spent alot of money on steam and dont want to fuck around on a game and get our accounts banned. i appreciate the help.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.