Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Maker

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 11, 2015

This Nintendo Wii U game lets players make their own levels based on four different Super Mario Bros. games, with a deep level of customization and built-in level sharing systems to let other players enjoy their work.

World Records & First Clears

SuperGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperGary

With the new update to Super Mario Maker coming next week allowing you to see world records and first clears on the bookmark website I thought it might be good if anyone with a level they think is good for speed running could post it here. Or if you have any levels that still haven't been cleared then I would be willing to give them a go.

To get things started I thought I would share my world record strategy for @danryckert's If The Boo Fits.... No Boo's were harmed in the making of this video ;) There is also room for improvement as I messed up my P-switch jump, so I think around 3-5 seconds could be shaved off.

UPDATE: Here is my completion videos for The Ryckoning and The Giant Bomb Level 3: Doable!

It is possible to get to through the door 3 seconds quicker than I did in this video, so there is definitely room for improvement.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

There's a reason only you can beat your own levels. Your skill is insane.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

You have the 13 wr on my Smoking Room Stash right? That one has a good speedrun potential.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2C57-0000-01D2-32B2

I'd say most of my 40 levels are speedrun able.

SuperGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle Thanks. The majority of my time playing games has been spent on Mario Maker since it came out so I have played it a lot.

@themasterds Yeah, I have the record for your Rayman inspired level. I think a little bit of time could be shaven off but I'll wait to see if anyone beats the current record. I have had your latest level bookmarked for a while and just haven't got around to playing it. I will check it out soon.

Here is my record strategy for @jeff's Hittin' Switches level. I really like this run because it is reminiscent of Super Mario Bros World 1-2.

Loading Video...

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By katpottz

I found these two to be really fun to speed run. The levels themselves aren't that hard but there is a lot of viable paths in terms of speed running within each of them.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/BD8B-0000-007B-545D

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/9C19-0000-0063-B4D3

You'll probably crush my records on these easily but thats fine, it will give me a good challenge.

(Also thanks for clearing my super expert level, your still the only one who's beat it. (if anyone wants to try to clear it here's the bookmark: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/FD1E-0000-017B-FD53 ))

SuperGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katpottz I'll check out those two levels. I think short levels are good for speed running. I can remember your Enemy Manipulation level because of the neat stuff involving the enemies. If I remember right I think I may have found an alternative or unintentional way to beat it. I would have to check it out again to remember what I did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.