Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario World

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 21, 1990

One of the few launch titles of the SNES (and bundled with the system in North America and Europe), the fifth main game in the Super Mario series brings the Mario brothers into the mysterious Dinosaur Land. It marks the first appearance of Mario's dinosaur companions, known as Yoshi.

World Record.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Monopolized

I have been playing it a lot recently i bought a SNES for the that reason only a few weeks ago.. is there a world record (official or unofficial)
    that has been set for the game I check Twin Galaxies and there wasn't one posted there.. ther are many videos on youtube but they are all using ROMS and slowly the FPS down.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Termite

World record as in how fast they completed the game?

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Monopolized

I think there is fastest mininalist completion

Where you beat the first 7 stages and get the key in the first submerged level defeat the secret big "boo" boss and go to star world to get to bowser.

Full Completion hit all 96 (or 98) exits

BerberNomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By BerberNomad

The world recored that was recorded is 12 mins and some seconds but ive beaten the game in 9 mins and 14 sec, just so you know im talking about taking the big shortcut that confusedsanity is talking about.

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By DarkLegend
    BerberNomad said:
    "The world recored that was recorded is 12 mins and some seconds but ive beaten the game in 9 mins and 14 sec, just so you know im talking about taking the big shortcut that confusedsanity is talking about."
    Geez, that is good, maybe I can top it?
    BerberNomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BerberNomad

My gameboy advanced time is actualy less time in 9 min 10 sec

BerberNomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BerberNomad

I scanned my gameboy into my printer the time is the purple pinkish numbers at the top. My SNES time is 9 min 14 sec and my GBA time is 9 min 10 sec. I suggest saving the pic and zooming in to see the time better...

caption
    caption
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HazBazz

The fastest official time is 10 mins 59 seconds.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    UncleD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By UncleD

Wow lol

BerberNomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BerberNomad

well that guy is fast,  probably faster than my time because the gameboy version doesnt count time when your on the world map so his time is probably the same as mine or a little less. I timed myself while playing the SNES version and stopped the timer anytime on the world map so i guess his is faster.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    BerberNomad said:
    "well that guy is fast,  probably faster than my time because the gameboy version doesnt count time when your on the world map..."

That's what I was thinking too.  Really though, if you're anywhere near that fast, you ought to try for the record.  While he had just about a perfect run, he did make a mistake juggling that key and the baby yoshi at the end of Star Road level 2.  If someone could nail that part and replicate everything else he did, they'd be the new record holder.
    BerberNomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BerberNomad

maybe i could try but at a different time im to lazy right now...

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Monopolized

yeah the video up there is fake on the second stage you can't get up that much speed with out moving backwards a step and he didnt

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PureRok

So, you want a record that's been achieved by a human, and not via TAS? Well, I guess some of the fastest times in the world can be found here. Their current records are:

• Best time: Single-segment 0:10:59 by Adam 'Lucid Faia' Sweeney on 2007-12-15.

There you go. They even have videos. These are all verified to be done on the actual console, no cheats or anything. I'm not sure what more you want.

Edit: There may be faster times, but these guys are pretty strict on their rules and only upload times that have been submitted to them, so you won't find times you may find elsewhere.

Edit Edit: I see SpaceInsomniac already linked to speed demos archive. My bad.

@ConfusedSanity said:
    " yeah the video up there is fake on the second stage you can't get up that much speed with out moving backwards a step and he didnt "
    If you're talking about the SDA video, it isn't fake. They are all verified to have no cheating before being accepted. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible. You might want to watch the Ocarina of Time speedrun. That one is full of glitches that, if you didn't know how to do them, would seem to be total bullshit.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

According the the book of Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2008 (which is about a year old, so it might have been broken since then) it is 10 minutes 54 seconds. This time was achieved on 9th July 2004.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Drebin_893

@PureRok

Dude, that Ocarina of Time speedrun broke my mind, that dude is a god.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.