Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Anyone put their TV through yet? (Where are you stuck)

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mwng

Figured the forum could do with a OH GOD I CAN'T DO THIS LEVEL thread.

Anyway, I've been slowly pushing through Hell. Thus far I've managed to A+ all of world one and two and even finish the kill screen levels. Though for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the bandages in the warp zones in world 3! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but if I extend my jump far enough to get the bandage I can't get back onto the ledge afterward!

Let me explain with child like MS paint scrawls. (Game Boy theme warp zone)

No Caption Provided

My fingers hurt :(
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

Maybe use a different character?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mwng

Can't in warp zones :(

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @mwng said:
    " Can't in warp zones :( "
    Oh, my bad. I just got to world 3. I'll let you know if I can figure it out.
    CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By CarpetRemnant

Man that looks like a bitch. 
    I'm on the salt factory, forget what level. Love this game. 

I just remembered, last level I did was the one with the missile launcher and the key and bandage girl unlocks super slowly and you have to backtrack for the bandage.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By ShadowVirus

I got to the Salt Factory and stopped playing, haven't even started that world yet. I've working on trying to do as much in World 1, I've completed the Dark World of level one so far.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Leakster said:
    " Man that looks like a bitch. I'm on the salt factory, forget what level. Love this game.  I just remembered, last level I did was the one with the missile launcher and the key and bandage girl unlocks super slowly and you have to backtrack for the bandage. "
    haha Just finished that one about thirty minutes ago. About halfway through hell. This game is awesome! :D
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mwng

Found the first level I can't actually complete (yet?), The Kid warp zone is kicking my arse :(

Al_lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al_lee

I managed to go through the whole game from start to finish, while streaming..  all the "light" worlds with A rank and most bandages i could find .. if you're stuck at any of those just skip through my archives and take a look see at the recent clips.
     http://www.justin.tv/alee81/videos
     will get around to dark world and all warp zones eventually
    p.s  sever profanity might be heard .. as game gets frustrating while played in marathon crack sessions :p

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I've beaten worlds 1 through 3. Now I'm going back to ace all the levels. So far I have everything aced and every bandage in the first chapter. I can't imagine what hell awaits me in the next chapter. This game is brutal. The most inconveniently placed bandages EVER.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By spankingaddict

does anyone know if this game is harder then N+ ???

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By leburgan
    @spankingaddict: about the same level of rage for me.
    WrathOfBanja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By WrathOfBanja

Stuck at 6-5.
    I'm so goddamn close i can taste it, but this level is completely brutal.
    I'm gonna have to give my hand a rest if i'm gonna beat it. This game is hard on your right thumb...

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By rjaylee

Does anyone know how to do -1 in World 1? I can't seem to find the right timing in the last part of it with the veritcal corridor and the saw blades shooting down at you.

[edit] Oh god nevermind, I JUST got it with an incredible amount of luck.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spankingaddict
    @tankintheair315 said:
    " @spankingaddict: about the same level of rage for me. "
    Ok. N+ was freaking hard, but if i can beat that game i might be able to go through Super Meat Boy...maybe
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Shadow

You have to slide to the bottom edge of that thing and go all out on the jump so you just barely are able to turn yourself around and make it back.  It takes a little time to get it right, but this was hardly the most difficult bandage I've gotten so far.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JJOR64

Haven't really been stuck yet.  Tomorrow (well, later today technically) I'm going to try to get some bandages and get some new characters.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @Al_lee said:
    " I managed to go through the whole game from start to finish, while streaming..  all the "light" worlds with A rank and most bandages i could find .. if you're stuck at any of those just skip through my archives and take a look see at the recent clips.  http://www.justin.tv/alee81/videos  will get around to dark world and all warp zones eventually p.s  sever profanity might be heard .. as game gets frustrating while played in marathon crack sessions :p "
    This is awesome.  I watched a bit of your early levels, and I bookmarked your videos in case I get stuck in the future.  Thanks.
    mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mnzy

I'm stuck on that stupid warp zone in dark world 2 :/

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Raymayne
    @spankingaddict said:

" does anyone know if this game is harder then N+ ??? "

No I don't think it is. I base this off the fact that I've finished SMB and got A+ on most levels, but still can't do the last couple of levels of N+, I think the controls are just so much tighter and better on SMB that it's much easier imo, and when you die in SMB, you know that it's always your fault, whereas in N+ some of the times I died I just couldn't help but feel if the controls were a little better or more responsive then I woulda survived. Having the multiple characters with different abilities helps to make SMB easier too because if you just keep fucking it up you can switch out to a different character and make it easier for yourself.

Also, OT, only got stuck on a couple of levels but managed to get through them all, I just have to finish a couple of dark world ones now and then go back and try to get myself at least in the top 100 on the leaderboards for every level =P I never really get angry with the game which is just amazing tbh considering how many times I died on some levels. It's like even if you die 10 times in a row, you still keep saying "Ok I got this.." because you know what it is you have to do and you get a little closer to your goal with each attempt. It's one of the most perfect platformers I've ever played.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mwng

I did manage to finish N+, this feels like it has the same level of challenge, but it's quicker.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jasta

I just started playing it about 2 hours ago, trying to get everything in a world before moving on but I'm guessing that approach will go to shit pretty soon.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By asurastrike

1/3 or so through Hell, I'm just trying to get through the levels. So far I've ignored all the bandages and dark world levels.

Al_lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Al_lee

@ SpaceInsomniac  glad you liked it..  i was considering putting them on youtube.. but i dunno if the quality is good enough.. also theres a bit too much swearing and repetition on some levels :p
    I went through all of N+ levels and dlc and i'd say this game.. atleast where im at now..  seems a step up in difficulty..  atleast if you're gonna get A ranks on all dark world levels.  beating the main game might be at the same level as N+ or a little easier.. 
    btw im basing this on playing with meatboy only.. i havent unlocked all the chars or really attempted to play with them..  there is a chance that it gets way easier with some super char you unlock..

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By LegalBagel

Just finished Hell, though with the progress erase bug I'm back to the Salt Factory.

Not finding the game as hard as N+ so far.  Or at least its better designed and easier to keep trying at it even if you die.  I simply didn't have the patience to perfect the N+ levels, but this I never really get that frustrated.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FrankWeidner
    @mwng said:
    " Found the first level I can't actually complete (yet?), The Kid warp zone is kicking my arse :( "
    I haven't had much difficulty getting A+ rankings or bandages, but holy hell that level is demanding. Anyone here actually beat it?
    pikminpapercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pikminpapercut
    @GilbertMordinAndSullivan said:
    " @mwng said:
    " Found the first level I can't actually complete (yet?), The Kid warp zone is kicking my arse :( "
    I haven't had much difficulty getting A+ rankings or bandages, but holy hell that level is demanding. Anyone here actually beat it? "

yea I finally beat it after something like 3 hours of trying last night and this morning. I might just suck, but dang.  It's really fun playing as the Kid in the normal levels though! Got the 3rd fastest time in the world at one of the levels with him.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mwng
    @pikminpapercut: What worries me is that there are 2 more levels after that one to unlock him :(

Also, progress report! Finally finished the game, time to start on the Dark World. Managed to 100% the forest so far. Still not managed The Kid warp zone. My fingers still hurt.
    pikminpapercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pikminpapercut
    @mwng said:
    " @pikminpapercut: What worries me is that there are 2 more levels after that one to unlock him :(  Also, progress report! Finally finished the game, time to start on the Dark World. Managed to 100% the forest so far. Still not managed The Kid warp zone. My fingers still hurt. "
    Yea, but the first level is the one that took the longest to complete, at least for me. In the second level you have to ride on elevators and avoid spikes, and in the third one you have to avoid those super fast moving spiked walls from the actual I wanna be the guy-game
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spankingaddict
    @Raymayne: Thanks for your opinion...

Well i think the opposite. Though i think SMB is a superb platformer, i think N+ had better and tighter controls(and took more skill,imo). It's just that it had nearly impossible obstacles in the later parts of the game. I still to this day don't know how i beat it, but i did :) On to Super Meat Boy...
    tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tsolless

Getting A+ on 4-20. Trying to beat that magma flood in the third chamber, ugh.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mwng
    @tsolless: That was the last one I manged to A+, you have to be quick enough through the first portal to beat the lava balls in the second room, if you don't have to wait for them the lava bit is quite easy.

Edit: 1-20 on bandage girl's world is something else. The saws on the top few levels seemed to be based on luck whether I'd hit them or not. The only level I can't seem to make par on.
    tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tsolless

This part in 6-5. The red circles are saws and the blue areas are where I am coming from and where I need to get. Just fuck it already. This is the first part where I am completely stumped on how to get past an obstacle.

No Caption Provided

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Wall jump at an arc underneath the big middle saw and through the two other saws? That's how I'd do it but I'm not there yet.
    mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mnzy

Not really related to the topic, but does anyone know how to unlock the second gamer picture? I know there is one, it's an angry brown face thingy.

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tsolless
    @mnzy said:
    " Not really related to the topic, but does anyone know how to unlock the second gamer picture? I know there is one, it's an angry brown face thingy. "
    Keep playing. I think you get it after world 3.
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Urgh, I hate 6-5. Stupid level is like 5 levels in one. It's a case of knowing exactly what to do to beat it but all the stars have to align properly -_-

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#38  Edited By Timing
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I'm stuck at 7-something. The stage is called HOPSCOTCH and I'm thorougly convinced that is the hardest level of the entire game for me.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MikkaQ
    @spankingaddict said:
    N is more freestyle than SMB, which has a fairly specific path through most levels. So N is harder in some cases, but I feel ultimately SMB can be more demanding and difficult than N in certain situations.
    NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NickNorman
    @LunarAura said:
    " Wall jump at an arc underneath the big middle saw and through the two other saws? That's how I'd do it but I'm not there yet. "
    That's the only way I ever did it: 

No Caption Provided

There are some blocks built into the wall on the left. If you jump just as Meat Boy hits the bottom one while holding RT, you should float right between the saws.
    Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sessh

Oh dear god, Cotton Ally 17 (I think) is killing me.

It's the one were you constantly have to hover/jump over blades with the help of one of these repulsor things. Which is all the while moving forward. Naturally.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By spankingaddict
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " @spankingaddict said:
    N is more freestyle than SMB, which has a fairly specific path through most levels. So N is harder in some cases, but I feel ultimately SMB can be more demanding and difficult than N in certain situations. "
    My bad....sorry dude i thought you meant Super Mario Bros. :)  brainfart
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lunar_Aura
    @Sessh said:
    "

Oh dear god, Cotton Ally 17 (I think) is killing me.

It's the one were you constantly have to hover/jump over blades with the help of one of these repulsor things. Which is all the while moving forward. Naturally.

"

Yeah, that's Hopscotch. I'm stuck on that too. I think I'll unlock The Kid before passing that stupid level.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MikkaQ
    @spankingaddict said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " @spankingaddict said:
    N is more freestyle than SMB, which has a fairly specific path through most levels. So N is harder in some cases, but I feel ultimately SMB can be more demanding and difficult than N in certain situations. "
    My bad....sorry dude i thought you meant Super Mario Bros. :)  brainfart "
    Didn't even see your original message, but yeah, whenever I read SMB even in the proper context my mind says Mario. It's been that way forever. That had to be deliberate on their part. 
    SuperEvilDOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SuperEvilDOOM
    @spankingaddict said:
    Overall in terms of getting the bandages and beating Dark World levels, Super Meat Boy is harder than N+.
    Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sessh
    @LunarAura:
    Yeah, compared to that The Kid seems easier (altough it still took me an hour to get him), because with him I at least knew, what the heck I was supposed to do.
    SuperEvilDOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SuperEvilDOOM

I just got the bandage the topic starter is talking about. It's a little tricky but not that difficult. You just have to push away from the wall when you jump from just about the bottom point. Make sure you didn't cause too many of the blocks just outside it to disappear or you can't get to Bandage Girl either. 

I finished the main game and The Cotton Alley (which was...insane) and now I'm working on the Dark World and bandages.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.