Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

If you've managed to unlock The Kid....

• 101 results
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Raymayne

Then I fucking salute you 0_0 

I'm only on his first level, about my 50th attempt and I've made it to the platform just about Bandage Girl, if only this guy's special ability was to pull out a god damn drill and bore through the floor I'd be fine. But instead I have set the controller down and am trying to calculate the best possible way for me to go about this, should I sprint, should I go for a short jump, so many damn variables, it's petrifying. Seriously though, congrats to anybody who managed to do this. 

Edit: Nevermind, I got him

Avatar image for the_moorasaurus
    The_Moorasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By The_Moorasaurus

I unlocked him a couple hours ago. It took a serious amount of patience, determination, perseverance, and a few breaks too...

The first level is really hard, but once you get to where you are, just above bandage girl, the rest is pretty easy.

1. Careful double jump to the next safe area,
    2. Jump to wrap as far round the edge as possible, then use your second jump carefully, so as to not to hit your head on the spikes on the roof near the edge.
    3. You should be stood inches from bandage girl now, with spikes on the roof and floor between you and her. I'm pretty sure my jumps were basically a quick double tap of the A button.

I hope that helps.

If you need any tips on the 2nd and 3rd levels just ask, PM me or just add to this thread. :)

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Where is the warp zone to his level?
    The_Moorasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Moorasaurus
    @ImmortalSaiyan: 

Chapter 5 Level 7

It's only available to grab for like, 9 seconds, so you have to be quick!
    sleepy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By sleepy

Yeah, thank god the levels two and three aren't nearly as long and punishing as the first one.  

No way in hell are they easy, but hey, they are at least easier, so that's something. 

Something I should add to Moorasaurus' tips is to not use sprint. It just makes your movement way too slippery. I know some of the jumps look like you should use sprint, but trust me, you shouldn't.  

And just be patient. Though it took me an hour or two, and probably a cool thousand deaths, I did eventually finish this eff-ed up warp zone, and if I did it, you can too! 

The_Moorasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Moorasaurus
    @sleepy: 

Did you seriously not sprint in any of the levels?

How did you get through?

i had to sprint double-jump to get over the middle spikes in level 2, and i held sprint down for all of level 3.

But yeah, don't sprint on level 1!
    sleepy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sleepy
    @The_Moorasaurus:  

Haha, yeah, I was talking about level 1. Should've clarified, you totally need sprint for level 2 and especially 3!  

Shame there's no replays of the warp zones. I guess the engine couldn't handle the billions of characters dying everywhere, but getting through these levels was an feat I'd seriously like to show future generations.
    The_Moorasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Moorasaurus
    @sleepy: 

It would've been hilarious to see my replays on those levels, especially level 3, as that first sweeper comes across it must've caught me a good 50 times, that's a lot of blood splat in one instant, haha.

But level 1 would've just broken the game i think, i don't even want to know how many times i died in that one stage, let alone the whole set of 3.

I honestly can't believe i managed to complete it to be honest, i thought "Mile High Club" in COD4 was hard, oh please!
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Diamond

Was able to do it last night.  The 3rd level wasn't as bad as the 1st or 2nd.

Here are my protips :

pikminpapercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By pikminpapercut

I was really close to just giving up when trying this last night, but I just couldn't quit. especially after beating the first level. Oh dear, I hope I never have to do that again.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By Timing

Man, I did it. Not ashamed to admit... that was pretty hard, but as has been said in this thread, once you manage to make it past level 1, don't quit! It gets progressively easier.

The parts where I used the run button were the very final jump of level 1, the narrow spike parts on level 2 (don't know if that actually helps, but it felt like it did), the long double jump in the center of level 2 and everywhere on level 3.

I also eventually turned off the music (blasphemy, I know) on level 3 to better keep track of the jumping rhythm.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By FrankWeidner

Just got this after a couple of hours of hair-tearing frustration. Just want to reiterate how much easier level 1 is if you don't run. For level 2, just sit really close to your screen, because you've only got a couple of pixels to work with. 

Anyway WOOOOOOOOOOO I AM SO HAPPY I'M DONE WITH THIS. And correct me if I'm wrong, but several of the bandages seem accessible only by The Kid, so I'm going to use that to justify my time spent.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By lumley

I've finally fucking done it. It took me 2 bloody hours. I think I spent longer on the 2nd level than the other two. 
    The one took the piss until I got my head round his controls.  
    On the second one it took me wayyyyyy to long to be able to consistently get up the second elevator. 
    The 3rd level was actually not too bad, it's just the timing window for the jumps is super small. 

The Kid is a pretty useful character, I might start using him over the triple jump one (forgotten what it's called :( )

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond
    @Lumley said:
    On the second one it took me wayyyyyy to long to be able to consistently get up the second elevator.
    Ouch, the final elevator I was thankfully able to do on my first try.  The 3rd elevator was the real bitch.
    tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tsolless
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JJOR64

I haven't really tried getting him yet, but I do know that I will be cussing at my TV non stop when I try.

Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Heartbreak
    @tsolless said:
    " Here's the what the first level of the warp zone looks like for anyone who is interested. 

"
    Classic I Wanna Be The Guy shit right there.

This is gonna be fun (in a painful way)
    BlackMantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BlackMantis

I unlocked the Kid yesterday. I think having played through I Wanna Be The Guy helped since I've experienced that kind of brutality before, but it still took me a good hour or so.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By icicle7x3

I got the Kid a couple days ago and I just did the Cotton Alley one this morning...FUCK!

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CarpetRemnant

I just unlocked the Kid, that is so punishing. I was pretty happy I managed to do the fourth elevator on level 2 in one try, think I'd have cried had I died there. Also managed the third tier in level 3 in one, but took me about 50 attempts to get to it. 
    Level 1 is hardest, agree with the no running.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By icicle7x3
    @Leakster said:
    " I just unlocked the Kid, that is so punishing. I was pretty happy I managed to do the fourth elevator on level 2 in one try, think I'd have cried had I died there. Also managed the third tier in level 3 in one, but took me about 50 attempts to get to it. Level 1 is hardest, agree with the no running. "
    I fucked up on the 4th elevator on my 1st try...I almost did cry.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#23  Edited By LordAndrew
    CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CarpetRemnant
    @LordAndrew: If you're wondering what's just out of frame on the right, it's spikes.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Animasta
    @tsolless said:
    " Here's the what the first level of the warp zone looks like for anyone who is interested. 

"
    that is straight IWBTG shit, I haven't played super meat boy nor am I planning to, but IWBTG is super hard also.

(fuck spikes)
    Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Sarumarine

I recently unlocked The Kid about five minutes ago. I could write pages about the surreal experience. I'm one of those people who watches videos of I Want to Be the Guy and goes "glad I'll never do something like that!" The second stage in, I was definitely in the "Why am I doing this? Oh God, why am I doing this?" The horrible truth was, once I beat the first stage, the thought of playing it again if I quit was too horrible to imagine. I kept with it until beating it.

The elevator stage was the hardest goddamn thing I have ever smashed my head up against a wall to beat. The third elevator was the source of all my frustration. I could do the super narrow spike elevator going up, but going down was unreal. I just couldn't understand it. Someone mentioned as a strategy before, I eventually sat so close to the screen I could make out the pixel of safety from The Kid and the spikes sticking out of the wall. The third stage was a nice breather even with the super fast moving wall spikes.

Now, none of this was fun. Easily my least favorite part of Super Meat Boy so far. But I still beat it, probably from a combination of really wanting to succeed and that I was in too deep to give up. At first I was actually kind of disappointed The Kid's stages weren't more like IWBTG, with random things jump out of the level to kill you. But after playing through those three stages with enough spikes to make Dr. Wily jealous... I guess I'm glad they went with traditional "These stages are Fucked Up, GO!"

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mwng

Just finished it, pretty sure it took me longer than all the stages on Cotton Alley combined.

I have a headache and my fingers hurt... again.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nadril

I got him last night. 

What sucked is that when I went back to playing as meat boy I kept wanting to fucking double jump. 

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Smokay

I just got him 2 secs ago the first time I got to the second stage...
    A GAME THAT I WAS DOWNLOADING FINISHED AND THE GAME BOOTED ME THE FUCKING MAIN MENU
    But I then I whent back and finished the first stage again in 3 tries that second is fucking brutal hardest thing in the game yet

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JJOR64

I got him yesterday.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Just some practice and some patience and BAM, I got him.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Coombs
    @JJOR64:  
    I disagree, It was far worse than I thought. 
    I figured "Ok, Once I get through the first one it'll go a lot easier" 
    No,  
    Elevator #3..... You son of a bitch 

The third stage is much easier, 
    But I probably spent more time in stage two than in stage one and three together
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By swamplord666

What what what?! there's 2 other levels???? goddammit T_T

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By RobDaFunk

6 Hours, Numb Thumb, The Kid Achievement in the bag......My brain was like mush by the end of it.....Roughly 2500 deaths on those 3 levels.... :|

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By Sessh

I got him after trying for about an hour, almost all of the time spent on level 2. Damn the third elevator! 

Overall it felt like I died on these three stages more often than on all other stages I had played to that point combined. 

Now next comes the Cotton Ally...this is gonna go great.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By WalkerTR77

This guy makes it look like fucking child's play.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By LegalBagel

How much better is the Guy than the other double jump character?  (Ogmo?)  Been using him so far to get some of the bandages and he's worked fine.

Trying to decide if its worth my sanity to attempt it now, or if I should save it for a rainy day.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Karl_Boss

Just beat it...took me less than an hour and totally worth it cause the kid is awesome....and I guess I was the only one who struggled on the 3rd level...it was the hardest level for me.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By Sarumarine
    @Deathpooky said:
    " How much better is the Guy than the other double jump character?  (Ogmo?)  Been using him so far to get some of the bandages and he's worked fine. Trying to decide if its worth my sanity to attempt it now, or if I should save it for a rainy day. "
    I like The Kid more than Ogmo. Ogmo is pretty slow compared to The Kid when he's not jumping around. Although if you've gotten use to Ogmo, The Kid won't be a huge improvement except a little more speed when you're running around.

Also, I guess The Kid doesn't do a sweet flip when he double jumps. Heh.
    Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By maskedarcstrike

Ugh I'm doing this right now, got the first level done but that fking 3rd elevator man........

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By maskedarcstrike

finally got the 2nd level, any tips for the 3rd?

Woot!! got it!!! I NEVER want to do that again

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @maskedarcstrike: Bottom row: Don't be impatient. Only move forward at the peak of your jumps. It should take four or five jumps before you're safely between the middle and bottom row, but it is okay if you take more so don't get frustrated or anxious.

Middle row: Keep jumping against the wall area between the bottom and middle row until you get the timing right to jump right behind a set of spikes. Jump over a set of moving spikes before attempting to move forward. You can clear a section of stationary spikes without double jumping. You should only have to jump over four sets of moving spikes before the next safe area. 

Top row: Similar to bottom row except you have more stationary spikes to watch out for on your jumps. The hardest part for me was actually clearing the first set of moving spikes after leaving the safe zone between the middle and top row. 

Advice as text has limited helpfulness but hopefully that helps you enough to beat it. If your hand/thumb starts to hurt, then put a piece of tape over the trigger to hold it down. You'll need run on the entire time anyways. Good luck. 

Edit: Nevermind, you got it. Maybe that'll help somebody else though.
    MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MistaSparkle

SOOO close im on the 2nd part.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By Shadow

That one took a few hours.  It's not the hardest part of the game, but it's damn near it.  Just keep trying, eventually, you'll get it.  Remember, this isn't timed, so you can take it slow if you need to.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MistaSparkle

Done!!

Krondelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Krondelo

Got this today in under 30 minutes ;)

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I can't for the life of me do the last jump of the first level. I got to it five times now. Really annoying.
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#47  Edited By Legend

I just unlocked the little asshole.. I'll probably have nightmares about being killed with spikes over and over and over........

Avatar image for horsepuckishness
    Horsepuckishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Horsepuckishness

I am currently on stage 2. Stage 1 took me about 45 minutes to beat. This one seemed easier and looks easier until I step onto the third elevator. Not to mention even though I make it to the third elevator I occasionally still die on that fucking middle jump even though its extremely easy.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By RobotHamster

I got the kid two days ago and fuck did I say fuck alot.  It took over 2 hours and it didn't help I was chatting with my friend.  But I feel like a fucking king!!! Now on to finish the dark worlds.

Avatar image for horsepuckishness
    Horsepuckishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Horsepuckishness

on the third level now. Looks waaaay easier. but what do I know?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.