Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Scribblenauts

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Building upon the innovative Scribblenauts, the sequel brings adjectives, vastly improved controls, and deeper levels and puzzles. Adjectives modify game objects in realistic ways, allowing players to make use of Angry Fridges and Gentlemanly Raptors as they progress through over 100 levels.

So has anyone picked this up yet?

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BionicMonster

I just now realized this game was supposedly released today.Has anyone bought it yet and is it truly awesome?
    also what happens when you type Bionic Monster?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I just don't understand the description thing. I think the game would suck decidely less if you could write VERBS to make the freaking guy do whatever it is you freaking want him to do. Adding descriptions just seems frivolous and totally unnecessary to me. With that said, no, I haven't played Super Scribblenauts. Also, since I was unfortunate enough to play the first one, I will not be playing Super Scribblenauts.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

Here's a list of things I've done with the game so far and what the game has done:

First thing I did was put in the word "durger," the game then believes I've misspelled the words dryer, dagger, or darter.
    I've reached up to world/level 7; each world/level consists of ~10 puzzles to complete which took me about 3-4 hours of on-and-off playing. 
    The game has frozen on me twice. 
    Adjectives can make things a little bit tricky when the game is asking you for objects that specifically cater to certain situations, as it should, which is good.
    The phrase "giant bomb" does indeed spawn a giant bomb, though not that big. 
    Judging from the amount of constellations (these signify worlds/levels) there is a total of 10 main worlds along with 2 special, or more challenging, constellations.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#5  Edited By beard_of_zeus

I got it this evening, and ended up playing it for about 3 hours straight. Not bad, considering that's about how long I played the first one in total before getting frustrated. I'm finding this to actually be a fun game, unlike the first one, which was fun to mess around with as a toy for about 10 minutes, and that's about it. It *is* rather similar to the first game - Super Scribblenauts is pretty much what the original should have been in the first place. They managed to actually pull off the execution this time around, fixing the controls and other issues that plagued the original.

The addition of adjectives is pretty much THE "new" thing here, but it is a pretty substantial addition, I must say. It's cool to be able to modify things in a lot of wacky ways, which you'll need for a lot of the levels this time around. The level design tends to skew a lot more towards the puzzle-type levels from the first game, which I think was a good idea. It forces the player to use adjectives in creative ways, and also helps to circumvent the whole "let's beat every level with a lasso and a pterodactyl" problem from the original. One of the new level types that I rather like involves them giving you a set of objects and you have to create an object that has a characteristic from all of them. For example, they might show you a vampire, bird, and helicopter; I created a "metal winged syringe" to solve that one!

Really digging it, glad I gave the game a chance.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @RiotBananas:  You control dude with the d-pad? Good to know.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By scarace360

o god its out well i better go and buy it.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Romination
    @TheGreatGuero: Also, verbs don't make any sense. The touch controls were bad, but making the verbs like that would break a man.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Romination: I don't know, dude. For instance, in Scribblenauts, you could spawn a shovel, have your guy pick it up, but he wouldn't know what to do with it. If I tell the jerk to dig, I want him to dig, God darn it!
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Romination
    @TheGreatGuero: It would get confusing for a verb that's also an adjective or noun. For example, "Fuck" could mean "go have consensual, non-deviant intercourse with a person" but the noun "fuck" could be for "a stupid person". You'd break the game.
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By TomA

can you use swear words and diseases? Like can you spawn an epileptic donkey.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Malakhii

I bought the first one day 1, and basically only played in the freestyle mode fucking around. I hink I'll wait on getting 2 for a while, need that cash for Fallout. 

Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Worm

This game's the best.
    I wonder if they will make the next one in FULL 3D FORM.

No, I didn't mean 3D like the new movie trend, just.. 3D.
    Anyway this rocks.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I think it's great. I can actually play this one, instead of just making random crap in the title screen. 

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#15  Edited By LordAndrew

I haven't picked it up yet, but I have been wanting to play around with NES Scribblenauts again before playing Super. Unfortunately I don't remember where I put.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.