Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Oh Noes, Ono says no Arcade release

• 59 results
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @lordofultima said:
    " @StaticFalconar said:

" @animateria: At the 5 on 5 team battle, Team Wild card (composed of nothing but Console exclusive characters) surprised a lot of people and placed 2nd. "

Mike Ross = Honda, Hseng Chang = Akuma, Dagger G = Guile. All not console characters.

edit: Seems there may be an arcade release of SSFIVafter all, maybe Ono was toying with our hearts? "
    You got me in my wording, but with the exception of Akuma, Honda, Guile, Cammy and Sakura aren't exactly the most feared characters in the game. That's a statement about Tiers more than anything else. 

Hopeful prediction: With all the riots and petitions that is certain to come from Arcade lovers, my hope is they first release on console, after a couple of months, say if anybody found an infinite, game breaking tactic, etc. That shit gets patched and then they release that version in the arcades.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By lordofultima
    @StaticFalconar: They do location testing with arcade hardware for those types of things, and regardless of if they get an actual arcade version of SSFIV or not, they had said they were doing the same thing to balance SSFIV.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By AniMoney
    @skrutop said:
    " Damn you Yoko!  Damn you straight to hell! "
    lmao 

I like how it went from NO to MAYBE in like 2 days of people complaining.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Linkyshinks
    UPDATE: 

Arcade Version Not Ruled Out -  http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/nakky_blog/2009/10/01_327.html  

The latest update to the SFIV blog sees assistant producer Natsuki Aizawa confirm that the game is planned to come to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 only. She says the game uses "PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware to their maximum in order to offer players a more appealing fighting arena where they can better show their skills to players throughout the world".   - online : /

Arcade lovers should take note at what she says next though: "It's not the case that there's definitely not a chance for an arcade version. One thing I absolutely want to get across is, we most definitely haven't given up on the arcade Street Fighter IV."
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#55  Edited By AgentJ
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " UPDATE: 

Arcade Version Not Ruled Out -  http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/nakky_blog/2009/10/01_327.html  

The latest update to the SFIV blog sees assistant producer Natsuki Aizawa confirm that the game is planned to come to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 only. She says the game uses "PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware to their maximum in order to offer players a more appealing fighting arena where they can better show their skills to players throughout the world".   - online : /

Arcade lovers should take note at what she says next though: "It's not the case that there's definitely not a chance for an arcade version. One thing I absolutely want to get across is, we most definitely haven't given up on the arcade Street Fighter IV." "
    Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. They'll probably hold out on the arcade version for a few months and hopefully increase the success of the console iterations by doing so.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By StaticFalconar

This is how they build hype, Capcom probably have an arcade version all ready but says it won't do one. Everybody cries about it and Capcom says I have listened to what you said and now we will release an arcade version making it seem like care much more about us.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By animateria

Well, yeah it seemed weird that they would say no arcade version for a fighter.

But "not ruled out" kinda gives Capcom a lot of leeway in the end.

1. They can make an arcade version.

2. But since no time table is given they can take their time.

3. They can decide not to make an arcade version.

In the end, that doesn't mean much.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I fully expect an arcade release, it seems like even a console release in Japan won't really deter their arcade experience (and profitability).

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Yeah, I imagine the console version is out sometime between late march and april, then the arcade version is released so time in the summer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.