Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Syndicate is a reinvention of the 1993 game by Bullfrog. Developed at Starbreeze Studios, the game puts players in the shoes of Miles Kilo, one of the cybernetically-enhanced Agents who wages war against enemy mega-corporations on behalf of EuroCorp, his sponsor syndicate.

Demo impressions

• 62 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I played a ton of it, really enjoyed the aesthetic and the levelling, shooting felt great. Needed more dub-step.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Phatmac

Can't seem to connect to it on PS3. Must be my shoddy Uni wifi.

Avatar image for the_r0n1n_named_47
    the_r0n1n_named_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@artgarcrunkle said:

Got into a game that ended a few seconds after I joined. A long, obnoxious trailer that I couldn't skip started playing then I uninstalled the demo.

once you have seen it the first time its skippable every time after

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By phrali

tried playing it for about an hour and a half.

two times my console locked up and i had to hard reset.

one time the game locked up on a loading screen and i had to dashboard.

two times i successfully got into a game.

was fun. the second time, we finished, and i was shown an unskippable way too long trailer that i had to dashboard out of to stop.

not so excited about the game unfortunately.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phrali said:

tried playing it for about an hour and a half.

two times my console locked up and i had to hard reset.

one time the game locked up on a loading screen and i had to dashboard.

two times i successfully got into a game.

was fun. the second time, we finished, and i was shown an unskippable way too long trailer that i had to dashboard out of to stop.

not so excited about the game unfortunately.

Jeez man have some patience, it's a two minute trailer. Sucks that it locked up on you so much.

Game does seems sorta janky for just being a linear FPS, though. Hopefully it's a fairly old build.

Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
    deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like how the boss/miniboss forces you to risk getting shot/killed to close in and hack their mercury armor(and damn the armor looks and sounds rad)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By napalm
    @Three0neFive said:

Yeah, that's retarded. It's almost like they want people to pirate it as a "demo" so they can point to those numbers as an excuse to not bother with the PC.

If you make a demo, less people will pirate your game and you will make more money. How fucking hard is that to understand?

Somebody is visibly and quite hilariously upset and it has brought me great amusement on this day. 

As for the demo, I will try! 

EDIT: Oh, it's gold exclusive. Nevermind.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Jackel2072

i enjoyed it. however im still going to wait for a review, The no PC demo throws up a big warning flag for me. Normally in the past its meant PC version is going to be a bad port... 

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Very pleasantly surprised. Have to admit I was one of those people unhappy about the new direction Starbreeze had taken but after playing it all day i'm sold. Had loads of fun and will definitely look for it come release.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By retrovirus

I genuinely enjoyed it. The controls are loose in a really good way, and the ability to shoot a guy, heal a teammate, and go into the cool DART mode all at the same time made me feel like a badass. I liked the way it forces you to help your teammates, and the music is pretty good too.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By wmoyer83

This game is a blast. I basically was a sniper. I picked off the far away baddies while my team engaged the frontline. We all took turns healing eachother. The bossfight was tons of fun, with certain players on my team taking turns being decoys while the others flanked the colonel. I am definately getting this one.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ApeGantz

Just got around to playing this. I don't know if it's me but so far the shooting feels like Killzone 2. It's kinda sluggish but I like it a lot. The only problem with it tho is when I'm trying to pick a guy of the roof and he keeps running around.

I caught on quickly on how to do things but my teammates seem to be the Call of Duty type players just running around and shooting whatever, then needed a reboot. I'm always healing and rebooting my mates but they do not do the same for me. I needed a reboot twice and they just all either ran passed me or huddled near me to try and save me I guess, but they never figured it out.

It was my first game so I hope it's not like that across the board because I found the game to be a neat shooter!

Edit: Just finished playing 3+ hours with these two guys who are really cool. Our teamwork was flawless! Things got hairy when we knocked it hard and we were in the final zone, but we pulled through eventually! The key to success is to communicate, constantly heal, and whoever is breaching the big dude, heal them loads.

Bill be purchasing this day one!

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By Sunjammer

Anybody else think the UI text was really hard to read on the PS3? There's something about it that just made me itch. Not sharp enough for the font size they were going for. Haven't had that issue since trying to play Dead Rising on an SDTV back in the day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.