Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales from the Borderlands

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 25, 2014

A spin-off of the Borderlands series of first-person shooters, Tales from the Borderlands is an episodic adventure game where a reluctant group of civilians try to strike it rich in the hostile world of Pandora.

Episode 4 - Telltale keeps me groovin with some great music

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I don't know what it is about this series but they have done some amazing work with their episode title cards. More specifically the soundtracks.

If you ever want to show people a reason to play TFTB look no further than a video with the title sequences. Hope they cut some kind of soundtrack at the end.

Now let's go back to the top!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Think I liked the second episode the most (so far). This ain't bad either.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Still playing through this one, but I really liked the Cowboy Bebop reference you can make.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're continuing to kill it with this series. If they stick the landing this'll be high up my GotY list because right now it's right behind Witcher 3. Best thing Telltale has done so far.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything has been great except how long it has taken them between episodes

qreedence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By qreedence

So, I'm curious to know about the decision where you can either accept or reject Hyperion. How does it differ?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'm not usually one for fan service, but seeing That Person made me grin. Whatever they do with Borderlands 3, I hope they keep some of the new characters as NPCs.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished 4, I'm glad to see the love this series is getting, it seriously deserves it. What a ride.

The music is great, the art style is great, the humor is great, all the voice actors are doing a wonderful job but getting to hear Troy Baker and Laura Bailey as the leads doing some of this goofy shit is just wonderful.

And even though it can be so silly it is still jabbing me with that Telltale way of "Here's a hard choice! DWELL ON IT" When I came into the first episode I didn't expect to care about the characters really, but I find myself hitting pause on a few choices just to hold my face in my hands and go "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" one minute and then having a finger gun battle or having some other shenanigans next.

Really, that music though, EP 1 and 2 for my especially gave me two new songs that I adore, I've been listening to them on repeat for forever, they are so god damn good, uhg. UHG YOU GUYS.

I just hope 5 ends well, they have set up a lot of characters and plot threads that need resolving and I just hope it is more along the lines of The Wolf Among Us where everything feels like it is resolved or at least touched upon, instead of say, Walking Dead season two where it felt like there is one climatic moment but everything else just sort of ends cause Iunno it just does.

Anyone surprised they maybe killed off Scooter? It's Borderlands, so, no body no proof, but I was expecting that 2K would allow them that much agency over their characters, not gonna lie, even if I don't entirely think they killed him off, that still got my eyes a little wet. CATCH A RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#9  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@zolroyce: I hope they have the balls to make that canon. Don't change it. It was a stunning moment and reversing it in some cheap way would be dumb.

I'm also wondering just how the hell they plan on wrapping everything up in the next episode. There is a lot of ground to cover and a lot of things they haven't even bothered trying to explain yet. Makes me wonder if we'll get a second season that leads right into the release of B3.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@qreedence: Which one did you pick? I chose to accept which caused Handsome Jack's AI to enter the system and go over the PA, announcing to everyone that Rhys is the new company president. You get a brief shot of Fiona looking confused and Sasha looking pissed and one of them says "Oh no". Then it cuts back to Rhys and he says "So I'm president" and Jack's AI says "Yep" (more or less) and it ends with Rhys gazing out through the window at Pandora followed by a quick cut to a view of Helios as its glowing blue core/eye turns yellow. Basically.

@zolroyce: Well, considering that Anthony Burch is one of the writers on this game and it's basically his story, I'm not surprised at all that they went that far. That said, I'm pretty sure it's just going to be plot-deviced away later on. This is Borderlands, after all.

qreedence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

@qreedence: Which one did you pick? I chose to accept which caused Handsome Jack's AI to enter the system and go over the PA, announcing to everyone that Rhys is the new company president. You get a brief shot of Fiona looking confused and Sasha looking pissed and one of them says "Oh no". Then it cuts back to Rhys and he says "So I'm president" and Jack's AI says "Yep" (more or less) and it ends with Rhys gazing out through the window at Pandora followed by a quick cut to a view of Helios as its glowing blue core/eye turns yellow. Basically.

@zolroyce: Well, considering that Anthony Burch is one of the writers on this game and it's basically his story, I'm not surprised at all that they went that far. That said, I'm pretty sure it's just going to be plot-deviced away later on. This is Borderlands, after all.

I picked the other option. What happened then was that Handsome Jack forcefully took over Rhys' body and is basically using it to be Handsome Jack again. Or something. It was all very confusing. Still, I'm glad that the choices make the outcome differ that much!

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

God, this series is so massively underrated. It really is by far the most consistently brilliant modern TellTale series.

Chose to take over Hyperion with Handsome Jack. It was interesting making the decision, because the main thing was I knew that we were rapidly approaching the point in the story where Fiona and Rhys completely hated each-other, so even though I had done my best to keep the two as buddies so far, and I knew that 'Jacking in' would be a huge mistake, I figured it was just the right kind of huge mistake for Rhys to make at this point in the story.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By project343

Tales from the Borderlands--something that seemed like such a cash-grab association with a shitball of a company (Gearbox)--ends up loaded to the brim with heart and soul in a way that few narrative games can touch. Tales from the Borderlands clearly had some real writing talent from the start, and then the rest of the staff fell in love with the end product. The result is a series that started great and has only gotten better as the team has become mesmerized by their own accomplishments. They're trying to one-up themselves every episode, and you can feel it from a mile away.

Those title sequences are exemplary of this. And then you compare it to the awful title sequences from their other currently-running series... night and fucking day.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just picked this up in the recent Steam sale and have been going through an episode every evening. I did not expect this to be one of the best games I played this year, but it totally is (coming from someone who doesn't like any of the other "____ will remember that" Telltale games). I am really glad there's only a week until Ep5 is out (knock on wood).

Kinda bummed that nobody on GB staff is playing, because that intro to Episode 4 deserves at least a shot at "Best Moment". That and Scooter riding an exploding rocket through space. I know if they make a Borderlands 3 that moment will probably get ruined with Cyber-Scooter or something, but whatever.

@starvinggamer: I know it's kind of dumb to reply to a post from over a month ago, but I'm pretty sure Burch has nothing to do with the writing in this game (which is probably one of the reasons why it isn't terrible). He hasn't even worked at Gearbox since before Episode 2 came out, so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll hire the writers from this game to do some stuff for Borderlands 3.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#15  Edited By BeachThunder

A few days before the last episode and I've finished Episode 4. Some really great moments. I'm 99% sure that Scooter is still alive; as Zolroyce said, "No body, no proof".

I hope there's some stuff to spend money on in the last episode...I've saved up a a few thousand dollars.

Also, choices:

No Caption Provided

gtoor14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how good is this story/series? I am a huge BL fan and i know this is completely different from what i normally expect from a BL game but do you guys think its worth playing thru the series?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By SMTDante89

@gtoor14: I love it, and think it's probably worth your time. If you want a taste, the first episode of the series is free right now on pretty much everything so there's no monetary commitment if you want to dip your toe before putting down money for the full season.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By mrfluke

This is easily one of the Biggest surprises of the year, totally had 0 expectations as i wasnt a fan of the borderlands universe, but currently at episode 3 and its fantastic so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.