Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Vesperia

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

Tales of Vesperia is a Japanese Role-Playing Game and the first entry in the long-running "Tales of" franchise on seventh-generation consoles.

Tales Of Rage

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

Haha, dunno if you've seen this but it made me chuckle. From Joystiq:

Perhaps "Tales of Rage" is a more suitable title for Tales of Vesperia on PS3, as fan reaction to the enhanced port hasn't gone over well. Fans of the series in Japan are livid at the announcement, seeing as many of these gamers bought systems just to play the formerly 360-exclusive game. In one case, a fan was so angry he snapped his game disc in half (... subconsciously telling himself he has a reason to pick it up again) and burned the PS3 announcement article.

While we feel sorry for such angered gamers, we do believe they should have known better. After all, the game was previously teased to appear on PS3 by Namco Bandai itself. Just couldn't wait, huh? No wonder they say patience is a virtue.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Steve_C

I saw this on kotaku a few days ago, and that japanese blog site made me laugh so much. The ASCII art on that page is the greatest.

It does seem like a surprising amount of new content to announce though. I guess i'm happy about it if it gets released over here, but the 360 version hasn't even come out yet. I kinda feel sorry for those who have already bought it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Haha, breaking the disc in two is way OTT, but it's also funny for western Tales fans to see.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By REDRUN

Fair warning, I am in Rage mode ready to go off....

Rage Mode On:

You can't blame the guy. Namco have been doing some dirty shenanigans, like the DLC that was already on retail disc which you have to pay to unlock. To have all characters in Soul Calibur 3 and 4, you have to buy a 2-3 different version of the same game as an exclusive, then later can unlock what is already on the disc for, you guessed it, a fee. Tales being an excusive for one system, then makes an exclusive version with new characters and levels, foul. They want me to buy another copy of the same game on another system, fuck you Namco.

Tales of Graces can wait, they anounced its a Wii exclusive. I so happen to have a Wii. Will I buy it/ HELL FUCKEN NO ( no HD and no acheivement points). I want to play it on my Xbox 360 with exclusive characters, new levels and weapons. I can also us the acheivement points. Fuck Soul Calibur and fuck Tekken 6 if they are going to pull that same stunt they did with SC4. Use the fucken word "exclusive"... Namco can suck it!

Rage mode off...

Much better..... FUCK YOU NAMCO

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

To be fair you have no idea what ToG offers, it is a ground up Wii "Mothership Game" and some aspects may not be possible on 360 & PS3, due to control.

You seem way too concerned with HD graphics, the game looks beautiful without, and this while it's only 30% into it's development.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol. Raging against the PS3 version getting exclussive stuff, then saying he won't buy the Wii game because he wants it on 360 with exclussive stuff. Er? Anyway, if someone's into Eastern developers so much, he really shouldn't buy the one system that more or less flops in Japan. I mean, it's only natural companies there will mostly focus on PS3 and Wii, or at most provide PS360 versions. And yes, Graces looks GREAT.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

I have to say it's a huge bummer, since the main reason I got a 360 instead of a PS3 was this game(and I haven't even been able to play it yet). But snapping discs in two and burning articles is going a bit too far.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By REDRUN
    Linkyshinks said:
    "To be fair you have no idea what ToG offers, it is a ground up Wii "Mothership Game" and some aspects may not be possible on 360 & PS3, due to control. You seem way too concerned with HD graphics, the game looks beautiful without, and this while it's only 30% into it's development."
    The HD and Achievement comment was the "exclusive content" that will be labeled on the box by Namco. There wil be DLC on launch with alternate costumes, 10+ level kits and horse armor. Those items were already on the disc and could not be unlocked through gameplay, but through a DLC purchase. ToG has to offer a game that works, but will be re-re-re-released with new cat-eared cosplay costumes. I get it.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By suneku

God damnit... I have this for the 360 (haven't finished it yet) but now I want this for the PS3............ I'm seriously thinking of just picking this game up again for the PS3 if it's at a good price.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dan_CiTi

This is just sad. I have this game for 360 and will gladly buy it for PS3 when comes out. I adore it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.