Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tattoo

Object » linked to 214 games

Tattoos are the oldest and most popular (next to piercings) form of body modification. They appear in numerous video games, probably due to their popularity in the real world.

If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be?

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JCTango

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos, nor do I dislike them, but I always wondered why some people feel compelled to mark themselves "permanently" with something that is bound to display some sort of message of themselves to the world, for good or bad.

I sometimes asked myself what I would get if I ever did want to get one... I'm not a tough guy, so a lot of the stereotypical hardcore tattoos are out of the question for me. I'd probably pick one that had some sort of meaning, and described myself in a way. Today I came to somewhat of a conclusion: I'd get a heart to wear on my sleeve. To some that may be a bad thing to express, but sometimes you can't help but be who you are. Getting an actual tattoo would probably be the epitome of the phrase; not only do you show your true feelings to the world at times, you actually advertise that you do. It'd be a pretty funny joke as well... it's bound to be a conversation starter if someone ever did see it (sadly one that starts behind your back -_- ).

What kind of tattoo would you get if you decided to get one? If you do have a tattoo(s), what did you get, and why?

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thebatmobile

Something from Carl Zimmer's Science Ink or maybe one of Marc John's illustrations.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TobbRobb

Probably a mural or something on my back, nothing specific, as long as it's pretty.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

Your face... On my face.

Jonnyflash80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Jonnyflash80

I'd get a cock and balls tattooed on my cock and balls.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ravenlight
    inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inkerman

The number 181 on my chest.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

A smaller penis on my penis, so that when I get an erection, it looks like a larger penis is breaking out of my other penis. Wait, I already have that tattoo on one of my penises. How about a bunch of mystical marks or whatever?

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Slither_Maggot

Currently getting a half-sleeve. Been almost 6 years since I got my last tat. There's nothing like the feeling of a new tattoo.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Well I'm plotting out a JSRF themed tattoo for to go on my leg. I've currently got a fully planned out-half tatted chest piece of Alice in Wonderland.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OfficeGamer

I'd never pierce my skin or disfigure it with ink, that shit is just primitive and really stupid to do to myself.

But if I did, I'd go with a Geralt wolf medallion tattoo

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@OfficeGamer: Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

Even as much as I love art and graphic design, I've never liked something so much that I want it on my body forever.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By mpgeist

I don't really feel compelled to get a tattoo, I've seen too many that end up looking like shit after a few years.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaLe

On my lower back, just above my ass crack, with his buttoned collar pointing down towards the honey pot. The action zone if you will.

No Caption Provided
    morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By morrelloman

Of my aviatar pic. Except the cat is holding a machine gun with its tail.

kre8havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kre8havoc

Elmer Fudd pointing his shotgun into my butthole saying "Get out of there you wascally wabbit!"

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kmdrkul

I have no tattoos but have thought about getting them for the past few years. My personal rule to test whether or not I know a tattoo is right for me is to wait three years after I first get excited about putting something on my body. If after that three years, what with all the changes that my life may or may not go through, I still like the idea of getting that specific tattoo - then I'll feel like it's right for me.

I wanted to get things put on my body back in high school that just aren't "me" anymore.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kerned

I have quite a few, including a spectacular Japanese dragon sleeve. However, the one the starts the most conversations is my Stephen Hawking flying through space on a rocket-powered wheelchair.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By C0V3RT

At some point, I'm going to get a Link sprite from A Link to the Past tattooed somewhere on my body. Nothing huge... just something that has a ton of personal meaning to me on multiple levels.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@CaLe said:

On my lower back, just above my ass crack, with his buttoned collar pointing down towards the honey pot. The action zone if you will.

No Caption Provided

Shut this thread down because it couldn't get any better than this.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By subject2change

I have 3 sparrows and lilacs on my left leg. My sister had liver cancer at 28 and I got the piece done, she has thankfully recovered. the 3 birds represent me, my dad and my sister; the lilacs are my mom who kept us strong, safe and together.

I will get more when I have the money (my first piece is large and cost me about $1400 USD prior to tipping, prob another 300-400 on top of that. Also I will only tattoo meaningful things to me on my body, just has to mean something to me; I don't give a shit about what other people think of it.

My other concept is a grim reaper of sorts on my other leg to represent change (much like the death tarot card), I've changed a lot as a person within the past 5 years but am not sure if I want a reaper on my body for my entire life.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Swaboo

On my torso, a bikini-laden zombie torso tattoo.

Never forget.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mirado

An accurate anatomical map of the muscles underneath.

I honestly cannot come up with a single thing I'd want to needle into my skin.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DrStrangepork

A full body tattoo of myself, except taller.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By DoctorWelch

My face. The size of my face. Directly on my face. Only a little to the left.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By izzygraze

A skull spider butterfly above my butt that has the word "Love" in Japanese under it. Also a tribal tattoo. Because I'm hardcore like that.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@C0V3RT said:

At some point, I'm going to get a Link sprite from A Link to the Past tattooed somewhere on my body. Nothing huge... just something that has a ton of personal meaning to me on multiple levels.

-THAT- is awesome! My half-sleeve I'm getting put on at the moment is a game tattoo and I got it for the same reason. A lot of meaning behind it and I couldn't be happier. It's been 6 years since I got my last one and I've been kicking around concepts for this one for almost 4 years so I'm glad I'm just finally getting it put on.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@Subject2Change said:

I have 3 sparrows and lilacs on my left leg. My sister had liver cancer at 28 and I got the piece done, she has thankfully recovered. the 3 birds represent me, my dad and my sister; the lilacs are my mom who kept us strong, safe and together.

I will get more when I have the money (my first piece is large and cost me about $1400 USD prior to tipping, prob another 300-400 on top of that. Also I will only tattoo meaningful things to me on my body, just has to mean something to me; I don't give a shit about what other people think of it.

My other concept is a grim reaper of sorts on my other leg to represent change (much like the death tarot card), I've changed a lot as a person within the past 5 years but am not sure if I want a reaper on my body for my entire life.

That's very sweet and exactly what to consider when you get one! Unless it carries value for you then it's just like.. "meh..." That's the blessing/cures of ink. Some people see tattoos and they turn up their nose and/or say, "well that's just ugly. -I- wouldn't get that on -my- body." So that's when you say... "Well then shut your mouth because it -isn't- on you. It's -mine- and if you don't like it that's fine but don't act all shitty about it just because you don't like/understand it." Had to listen to that tired old shit from in-laws for the last 5 years. Can't wait to hear all the shit I'm going to get for my half-sleeve I'm getting worked on at the moment.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rentfn

I thought about getting the Red Sox logo on my leg when the Sox won in '04. I've also thought about the logo for Rent or 'No Day but Today' but I never think about it for very long. I am weak.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zella

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while now. One I've considered is the phrase Wyrd bið ful aræd , meaning Fate is Inexorable, represents part of my heritage and my views of just letting shit go and moving on. It's also pretty badass in my opinion. One side of my family is Jewish however with my Grandfather being a survivor of the holocaust(managed to escape it by joining the red army) so I'd never get one while he is alive out of respect. I fully support people getting tattoos, whether for artistic or more meaningful reasons.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rollingzeppelin

If I knew what tattoo I wanted to get, I would already have it done.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By I_smell

I keep everything I make, so I'm constantly browsing over stuff I drew or wrote or came up with and thinking "wow, 18 year Olds are fuckin dumb!" "I was an IDIOT at 16!" "I sound like a FUCKING WIENER in this Facebook post from 6 months ago!" So I absolutely cannot get over the fact that in order to get a tattoo, I'd be making a bet with myself that I will never grow, or learn, or evolve from this point on- and that's a lose-lose bet!

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Either the Gucci Mane face ice cream cone, a Hitler back piece, or a fat cock on my thigh.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By landon

I would get quotation marks around my mouth, with three dots on left side of mouth so people will think I always have more to say.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By subject2change

@Slither_Maggot said:

@Subject2Change said:

That's very sweet and exactly what to consider when you get one! Unless it carries value for you then it's just like.. "meh..." That's the blessing/cures of ink. Some people see tattoos and they turn up their nose and/or say, "well that's just ugly. -I- wouldn't get that on -my- body." So that's when you say... "Well then shut your mouth because it -isn't- on you. It's -mine- and if you don't like it that's fine but don't act all shitty about it just because you don't like/understand it." Had to listen to that tired old shit from in-laws for the last 5 years. Can't wait to hear all the shit I'm going to get for my half-sleeve I'm getting worked on at the moment.

My Girlfriends parents saw mine and apparently the look on their face was hilarious. They never said anything to her or me about it.

I thankfully live in NYC, and most people aren't judgmental; hell most people have a little bit of ink on them.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By artelinarose

A rainbow going from nipple to nipple.

Or an awesome full back Yakuza tattoo.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dagbiker

I just keep a journal written on my back, It helps me remember.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By djstyles92

I have a tattoo my back left shoulder that says "Be Calm." in script. I've been thinking about getting one on the inside of my bicep that would say "May the past be the sound of your feet upon the ground Carry On." Both are from a band

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Every iteration of the Pipboy across as much surface area as possible. Maybe a face tattoo of the musical notation of the intro theme for Lunar? Or a Tarrasque on my balls.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ezekiel

A tiny dot between my toes.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

World Famous, on my ass

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.