Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 7

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 18, 2015

The seventh main installment of the Tekken series brings the conflict within the Mishima clan to its conclusion.

Why is Tekken not getting pooed on for lack of single player content?

• 57 results
    RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By RonGalaxy

Because Tekken isn't Street Fighter? Im not into fighting games, but I feel Street Fighter has way more name/brand cache than almost any other fighting game series (except MK in the US... Maybe). A new SF game is an event, and they fucked it up just enough to sour the whole thing. In reality it's still a good game, but you need to go above and beyond for a series with so many expectations behind it.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By WynnDuffy
    @ivdamke said:

@hunkulese: This is a very close minded selfish point of view, and I have a hard time taking you even remotely seriously when you claim SFV's online vs worked for you at launch. It's widely known that the CFN servers could barely stay up for more than a few minutes until after a week of its launch cutting literally everybody out of being able to play online when they were down.

The saddest thing is CFN doesn't even work great now. 16 months after launch. It just had another beta last month that didn't accomplish anything according to a recent poll on if the online experience improved.

Crossplay support is admirable but I don't think it's worth the instability and long maintenance compared to using PSN/XBL/Steam's online services. Neither do Capcom I guess, as Marvel isn't using CFN. A little lame to see them just giving up on that idea, it can't be that hard to keep servers up for such a small playerbase.

Ignoring my issues with SFV's core gameplay, the netcode is so volatile that I quickly gave up playing it. Even when it lags just a little it's enough to ruin your ability to play footsies. I'm so disappointed Capcom have ignored the complaints of one sided lag and other problems.

Me and my friend tested something, we had a 2 bar connection to each other in SFV and it was an unplayable mess, but we could play SFIV (full green bars) and Guilty Gear Xrd with no problems. What is THAT all about? I've seen other people bring this up and Capcom have still not said a word about the netcode.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People trying to defend the SFV single player....

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By hippie_genocide

Call me crazy but I've actually been enjoying T7's single player content. The Mishima story mode was pretty epic and in between lab sessions with Shaheen, I've been playing the treasure mode which is surprisingly fun and addictive. I haven't even tried the individual character episode stories yet. The game is really a lot of fun and I've enjoyed learning Tekken again (haven't played since 3).

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eurogamer was quick to criticise the lack of single player content.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I still don't understand why Tekken doesn't get shit on for being Tekken. The way characters move and react to hits has never made any sense.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Hunkulese

@ivdamke said:

@hunkulese: This is a very close minded selfish point of view, and I have a hard time taking you even remotely seriously when you claim SFV's online vs worked for you at launch. It's widely known that the CFN servers could barely stay up for more than a few minutes until after a week of its launch cutting literally everybody out of being able to play online when they were down.

I didn't say anything selfish at all. I gave my opinion based on my personal experiences. I'm well aware that not everybody has had the same experience as I had. There is a significant portion of the community that agrees with me and really only play fighting games for the versus mode and would have wanted to have Tekken at home two years ago. Wanting that isn't any more selfish than wanting them to wait until all modes are complete. Just as it's not selfish to say you want them to include an in game tutorial because you don't want to have to learn through YouTube.

People need to just get over the weird importance they put on having to play all their games the day they're released or never at all. If you're a fighting game player, you play the game for years and would enjoy playing the game as it evolves. If you're a casual player or mostly interested in offline stuff, just wait until the single player content is done.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game missing a basic tutorial is pretty disappointing, but outside of that I'm fine with the single player content. It's really the online content that people should be mad about. The lobby system in this game is atrocious and the tournament mode blows too. Who thought basic options like a rematch option or the ability to move to the back of the queue were unnecessary? Why does it take an eternity for matches to get started? Why scrap online practice entirely? Once again it's another Tekken that offers very little to help new players trying to learn, so the least the game could do is allow for people to meet up and easily grind matches out or train together.

For me personally I'm having a ton of fun with the game and I don't mind using a million online resources to learn things. I think a lobby patch of some kind needs to come out soon though or you'll be losing a lot of players that are trying to figure out a very complicated game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.