Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Decided to go back and revisit Oblivion.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatking

So I've been at my Mom's house this past week or so, partially because of Thanksgiving and partially because of some personal reasons I'm not going to get into.  Anyway I've been without my 360 for this entire time and I was becoming insanely bored during the nights when everybody is asleep.  I did however have my laptop and made the brilliant choice to grab my small case full of the few PC games I have.  I bought Obvlivion right at the end of my PC gaming days, I mean I was never much of a PC gamer anyway, but now I almost never play PC games.  Point is I installed it and started playing it again... just have a few things I'd like to go over with the lovely GiantBomb community. 

First of all my laptop can run this game pretty damn smoothly at the highest settings, I know Obvlivion isn't exactly cutting edge... but my on my laptop that seemed pretty impressive.  Is this game known to be pretty easy to run or have I been underestimating my laptop this whole time? 

Also I am playing as an archer type character, I never really did this before... always mage or warrior or something in between.  I have to say I'm having insane amounts of fun with this archer though.  There is some sick part of me that really enjoys looking at the arrow protruding from the corpse of a fallen enemy and imagining what vital organs were destroyed in order to make the kill.  I am also becoming pretty rad at arcing my shots over long distances and pegging dudes in their throat and sometimes, if I'm extra lucky, their eye. 

While I'm on the subject I've never played this game on PC before, I was wondering if there were any PC mods that I should look into... I mean I've spent over 300 hours on the game on the 360 version... I feel like I've pretty much seen all there is to see as far as story related content goes... probably several times.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hatking

Is nobody interested in this? :(  

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Coombs

As far as mods go I have no idea,
    But my girlfriend just started playing it again on the 360,
    I probably would to but i recently picked up Fable II so..... yeah

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Demyx

There are lots of mods, I'd just google them.

I'd love to pick up the PC version, but I played so much of oblivion I don't see myself doing that, although all the extra stuff the PS3 is missing keeps making me rethink that.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Recommended_Mods

nVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nVision

Dark UI really cleans up the messy inventory and I find that Oblivion XP fixes vanilla oblivion's bad leveling system.

You can find more at 

http://www.tesnexus.com/

and 

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/ 
    Happy hunting.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

I love Oblivion, although I can't ever see myself playing as an Archer.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oblivion is awesome, but I'm scared of starting that up again. Also there's a fuckload of mods and 2 expensions if you dont have them already

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hatking

@natetodamax:

I would have said the same thing, but it really is a ton of fun.  I mean there are moments when dudes rush me and fighting point blank with a bow is annoying, but I have a short sword for that.
    @nVision: 

Thanks a ton, the inventory never bothered me on the 360 but on the PC it just doesn't seem very well made.  I'll check that stuff out for sure.
    @Demyx: 

Yeah if all you've played is the plain game it is totally worth picking up on PC to see Shivering Isles(I think you can probably get it all together pretty cheap).
    @Coombs:
    Fable II is great, but don't expect it to last as long as Oblivion.  Sadly I don't care much for the main story line in either game.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By armaan8014
    @HatKing:  Hey! strange thing is i as well returned to oblivion some days ago, and i as well am an archer!
     My fav part of being a marksman is the feeling of watching the body of my target get hit by the arrow, around 2 secs after i release it from a distance of about 100 m or more!
    and yeah, i as well go and appreciate my own shot after taking down the target. Being a Marksman is super fun!

As for mods, what can i say?
    I've got 50+ mods i guess, n every third day i go out hunting for more!
    There's an awesome mod which allows you to recruit any npc, create an army of them n even send them letters and give orders!
    then there are portable bedrolls, a petshop, an unlimited space bag, new loading screens, more music, more clothes, beautiful women, npc children, moded backflip for a jump etc etc etc..!
    There are a few very famous mods which r must have, such as-
    Oscuros oblivion overhaul, Francesco's overhaul, Qarl's texture pack, Open cities, Theives arsenal, n some more.. 
    if you're interested, tell me, ill let you know the exact names..

have fun!(sorry for the late reply btw)

No Caption Provided
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hatking
    @armaan8014:
    That is awesome, yeah I'm totally interested in trying those mods out.  Do you know where I can get them?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.