Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Mobs on Horse

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

I'm a lvl 10 mage with 99 intelligence (298 mana) but only have the beginning lvl spells and I'm just now starting to play the game.  The problem I'm running into is the animals running around the world keep attacking my horse, so I jump off my horse to fight them and my horse runs away and the animal is hot on his heels biting away at him.  The horse and animal both run faster than my character and by the time I catch up to them my horse is already dead by the time I can kill the attacking animal.  My horse has horse armor which makes this even more annoying since I don't have the 500 bones needed for more armor.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Any advice you can offer?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I don't have this problem because I never ride horses. I either fast travel or walk to my destination, discovering locations along the way.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By THE_END
    @natetodamax: 

Yeah I guess I should start doing that also because the horse is weak and dies quickly even with horse armor which doesn't make much sense.  I just like riding the horse because it looks cool especially with the horse armor, but it does suck we don't have horseback combat in this game.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    @THE_END: I just didn't like how I would feel so attached to the horse after riding one. When I got off, I would say "Alright, now I gotta make sure my horse doesn't die!" Without the animal, I feel much more free.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah a horse is pretty useless, and you actually paid for horse armor?  But here is a big tip, go get the wabbajack.
    What kind of animals would be attacking your horse right now?  Troll?  Lion?  Wolf?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pazy

I dont ride a horse very often but when I do I find im fast enough that animals dont bother me.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I used a horse once and gave up pretty fast, It's better just not riding one

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.