Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

this game screwed me

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

I put all my stuff in a drawer in a ship that I took over and now its all gone.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By trophyhunter

Well that's your fault

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Demyx

That really sucks.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

That's why you don't store stuff in any place but a house that you own.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I had become the Arch Mage so I considered his chambers mine.  I stored various magical items in various drawers there.  The one specifically right in front of the bed was where I stored all the magically enhanced armor, weapons and arrows that I found.  I had a lot of those.  Later on, I went to take one of the Thief Guild quests and it required me to infiltrate the Archmage's chambers, my chambers!  So the whole thing was simple, except for the fact that, when I entered my room to steal whatever it was I needed to and I opened the shelf in front of the bed, it was empty.  All the great equips I had found up until that point suddenly disappeared.

That was great.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

As a general rule. never put all of your stuff in any place that isn't definitively regarded as being owned by you.  Even then, there are certain things that can still mess up and take your stuff, but as long as you pay attention and play it smart, it shouldn't happen.

@FluxWaveZ:

To be fair, they tell you to ask a lady in the Mages guild about that chest specifically, and she tells you very plainly not to store anything in that chest except alchemy ingredients, because it will destroy them instead of replicating them.
    mau64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By mau64

That sucks to hear but every time I see this game I want to play it all over again. Still one of the best games I've ever played. I want a new one...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Make_Me_Mad said:

" @FluxWaveZ:

To be fair, they tell you to ask a lady in the Mages guild about that chest specifically, and she tells you very plainly not to store anything in that chest except alchemy ingredients, because it will destroy them instead of replicating them. "
    You're referring to the wrong chest.  I'm talking about specifically the one in front of the bed.  The one for the alchemy replication crap is next to the Spell Creation Alter Thing.  It's not the same one, so I had no way of knowing my stuff would disappear.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:

" @FluxWaveZ:

To be fair, they tell you to ask a lady in the Mages guild about that chest specifically, and she tells you very plainly not to store anything in that chest except alchemy ingredients, because it will destroy them instead of replicating them. "
    You're referring to the wrong chest.  I'm talking about specifically the one in front of the bed.  The one for the alchemy replication crap is next to the Spell Creation Alter Thing.  It's not the same one, so I had no way of knowing my stuff would disappear. "
    Man, really?  That does suck then.  I already had about 5 different houses full of crap by the time I took over the Mages guild, so I never really used it much.  Now I see that it wasn't a mistake to ignore it!
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " Man, really?  That does suck then.  I already had about 5 different houses full of crap by the time I took over the Mages guild, so I never really used it much.  Now I see that it wasn't a mistake to ignore it! "
    Yeah, I was bummed for a short while until I realized that, as a magic user who had 100 in all relevant skills, I didn't need any of that as I could just have the same effects with some spells.  Also didn't need the cash as it turns out that making potions makes one pretty rich.  

Really, in that game, magic was the way to go and it was almost broken because of it.  All of the quests that required a certain level of carefulness were a joke as I just cast myself with a high level Invisibility spell and I ran around everywhere.
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By landon

Should have bought a house.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#12  Edited By EpicSteve
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    "

As a general rule. never put all of your stuff in any place that isn't definitively regarded as being owned by you.  Even then, there are certain things that can still mess up and take your stuff, but as long as you pay attention and play it smart, it shouldn't happen.

@FluxWaveZ:

This is also a life lesson.
    fixerofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fixerofdeath
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " Man, really?  That does suck then.  I already had about 5 different houses full of crap by the time I took over the Mages guild, so I never really used it much.  Now I see that it wasn't a mistake to ignore it! "
    Yeah, I was bummed for a short while until I realized that, as a magic user who had 100 in all relevant skills, I didn't need any of that as I could just have the same effects with some spells.  Also didn't need the cash as it turns out that making potions makes one pretty rich.    Really, in that game, magic was the way to go and it was almost broken because of it.  All of the quests that required a certain level of carefulness were a joke as I just cast myself with a high level Invisibility spell and I ran around everywhere. "

Oblivion is practically the easiest game ever. I would always just roll a light armored, blade user and level the hell out of illusion magic for the invisibility which gave you the ability to come up behind anyone and instantly one shot them in the back for 6x damage.

Hopefully if they ever make a new Elder Scrolls game they will make it harder.
    stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By stephengotlost

I put a potion in a chest and got back 1000 potions :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.