Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 04, 2014

An MMORPG set in the world of Nirn, focusing on the familiar continent of Tamriel, taking place a thousand years before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Trailer for TES Online that shows nothing.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Is anybody else getting sick of these types of trailers? I mean sure it looks cool, but it tells me nothing about the game. This would have been way more effective as a announcement trailer because you wouldn't know what it was. But since I already did it was completely pointless. The only cool part was that I'm pretty sure that's the voice of Dumbledore.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

I think teaser trailers are generally fine if the project hasn't been announced. Revealing the game with giant articles loaded with info and pictures and then releasing a trailer like that just seems dumb to me.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

*Teaser Trailer* so no actual gameplay, or anything really, it's just "Hey look, this is getting released sometimes in the future!".

Also I love how people are already defending Bethesda in the comments.

Edit: Nevermind.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, that has to be Michael Gambon's voice. I thought I was going crazy at first, but GameSpot UK's Alex Sassoon Coby confirmed that they thought it sounded like him, and RPS thinks it's him too.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Panpipe

You're talking about it. They've won.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BigChickenDinner

I love the "ITS NOT BEING DONE BY BETHESDA!!!!!!@#$%^%$#@!@#" people and this first thing you see in this shitty thing is "Bethesda Softworks"

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bell_End

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

*Teaser Trailer* so no actual gameplay, or anything really, it's just "Hey look, this is getting released sometimes in the future!".

defending....

i love the way everyone has to draw a line in the sand and choose which side we're on. your either hate it or your a bethesda defender. its like we're all still at fuckin school

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@Bell_End: I'm not on any side, hell I know nothing about it. I just think their trailer is lame because it tells me nothing.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Bell_End said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

defending....

i love the way everyone has to draw a line in the sand and choose which side we're on. your either hate it or your a bethesda defender. its like we're all still at fuckin school

The nature of the comments i saw seemed to defend Bethesda, but I'm with the neutral camp, since i really don't care for the MMO. I'll just wait for the Skyrim DLCs, Fallout 4 and the next Elder Scrolls game.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MariachiMacabre

As someone who has been looking for an MMOsince quitting WoW, this has me very excited.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

Its a teaser trailer... the sole purpose of which is to announce that YO THIS THING EXISTS. Which in turn hopefully spikes the stocks when it gets announced and makes all Bethesda's shareholders stroke themselves with delight.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owack6
    Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@SoothsayerGB: Apparently they're using the phrase "WoW mechanics" to describe a lot of it (which seems a little disappointingly on the nose for me, but whatever). Make of that what you will.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Jayzilla

How can anyone be excited about this? skill bars in an TES game? Griefers? Gold sellers? Bots in my TES? Bugs? They should have just mad a 2-8 person version of a TES game. I want to play TES with friends. Strangers in my TES isn't cool.

Avatar image for billybobbaggybottom
    BillyBobBaggyBottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a fan of the MMO formula, I honestly only play Lord of the Rings Online with a few friends I now personally, since I'm not really a people person. I am interested in this game however thanks to for those screenshots. But damn it those kind of trailers do piss me off. This isn't a movie, you are not gonna spoil an MMO if you have at least a few landscapes to show off. Hell even if you want to have a pre rendered scene at least show us a preceding event rather then ambiguous nothingness. Hell even the Skyrim teaser had more info than this one.

Plus I agree with I'd rather much have a co-op campaign experience rather than an MMO.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By InternetCrab

Well, it's a teaser trailer, deal with it.@Jayzilla said:

How can anyone be excited about this? skill bars in an TES game? Griefers? Gold sellers? Bots in my TES? Bugs? They should have just mad a 2-8 person version of a TES game. I want to play TES with friends. Strangers in my TES isn't cool.

This, also.

Nerolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Nerolus

I'm totally sick of them - but I understand the need to raise some awareness and make people squee with joy and speculate about a project before the company makes any promises on what exactly they're delivering.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@BigChickenDinner said:

I love the "ITS NOT BEING DONE BY BETHESDA!!!!!!@#$%^%$#@!@#" people and this first thing you see in this shitty thing is "Bethesda Softworks"

Bethesda are publishing it. They have put together a new studio for the development, but it's not the guys who worked on any of the previous games.. and it shows.

I don't mind teaser trailers like this. Some people won't have heard about the game until seeing this and it helps build excitement.. so yeah, it's doing everything it needs to. When they start showing nothing but fancy CGI trailers to advertise the game, because the actual gameplay looks so embarrassingly poor.. That's when I have a problem with trailers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.