Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Torn on using companions

• 61 results
    xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By xymox

@HeghmohQib said:

My brother had a great idea. Give your companion all your empty soul gems and a weapon with soul trap. Your companion will become your own little soul gem filling machine.

I could see myself doing that...

"Here. Now go and make yourself useful. And stop blocking the hallway."

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Talis12

companions make great furniture

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By cornbredx

I have found companions are great outdoors but useless inside anything as everything inside tends to be small confined spaces. 
    I use them when I need them (there's a lot to choose from) and release them/send them home when I don't want them around. 

I remember in the days of Morrow Wind and having to get a mod to have people follow you- it wasn't in the base game that I recall. 
    I think it's neat you have the choice to use them or not. I just wish they had more personality, kinda like Mass Effect. I guess that's not really their purpose though, as they seem intended to help you if your playstyle needs that.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By TooSweet

I like the companion feature. I'm only about 50 hours in though and finally doing some of the main quest stuff. I've been using Uthgard or whatever her name is. I actually call her Brienne. For the most part she's fine. She helped me slay my first giant too. I had to make her stay on a rock and let her shoot from range. After the main quest gets done I think I'm going to create something different and will definitely want a new companion. Her as a mule is great. Dragon bones weigh a lot. I skip on most armor and take enchanted items only unless I already have them.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By CJduke

Horses are the best companions. They will always fight for you and they are great tanks, and you dont have to worry about them following you because they appear next to you when you fast travel.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Hargreaves93

I never use companions as I've heard mainly negative things about them.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Moonshadow101

My two companions, Dremora Lord 1 and Dremora Lord 2, are great. They're completely expendable, then can be resummoned if they get caught on terrain, and I never have to look behind me and worry if they're being murdered by wolves somewhere. Plus, they look better than any other Companion.

And if I ever feel like enduring the true companion experience, I can just use one of the master-level conjuration spells to summon up an annoying waste of time!

thellama042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By thellama042
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59  Edited By veektarius

I like companions, though it's true that there are certain activities they are not suited for. If what you're worried about is sneaking, however, just give them boots of muffling.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By ki11tank

I left mine at the house after I felt money wasn't an issue and getting my more xp per kill was.

I've got around a 100,000 gold all the time without her so whats the point.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By bombHills

Lydia is my pack mule, she has been sworn to carry my burdens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.