Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Evil Within 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 13, 2017

The Evil Within 2 is a third-person survival horror game and the sequel to 2014's The Evil Within. Sebastian Castellanos journeys into STEM to locate his missing daughter, Lily, and encounters new horrors.

Will there be a review and/or quick look of The Evil Within 2?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'd be interested to see one or the other. I have the feeling no one on the crew went through the first one entirely though? I know Patrick reviewed the first one, but he's no longer on here, and Brad did the quick look. Now rewatching the quick look, noticing Dan was with him on it. I didn't know he was already on the site by then. Also, do they go through the previous game or games if they intend to review the sequel, or at least read about it? I just hope the sequel isn't looked past because I'd like to hear what the guys think of it, or at least someone. I have some new gameplay clips to show if anyone is interested. One from Game Informer, and another from GodisaGeek.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I dunno if they do any review prep for stuff they haven't played the predecessor(s) to, but I'm sure there'd at least be a quick look.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing of this thing, both in terms of visuals and the action. The whole thing seems a lot smoother than the first one, with maybe a bit less of that stiffly-methodical-animation-priority stuff and closer to a third-person shooter like Alan Wake. Which is a good thing, I should say.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be pretty odd if they didn't do a Quick Look, really.

Avatar image for panburgerpartner
    PanburgerPartner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By PanburgerPartner

Yeah, there’s vitually no way a AAA game from a major publisher wouldn’t get a QL. As for a review, that seems a far more individual and selective process, and while I usually enjoy them, between the QL and numerous podcasts, you can usually get a pretty good idea of where the staff is on a game.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No reason there shoudnt be a quick look but I doubt anyone will go back and play the original, which is a shame really since I thought it was one of the better games to come out that year. They probably wont get a copy until the release of the game since Bethesda can be a little weird so the review might take awhile if they actually do it.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FrodoBaggins

I think almost 100% there will be a quicklook. I think almost 100% there will not be a review.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Quick Look - For sure
    Review - No way. Unless Ben is some crazy horror fan like Patrick is.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panburgerpartner: is the evil within considered AAA? I always thought it was more like a B game?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I wouldn't count on a review but who knows. QL is definitely happening as others say. Would be kind of weird if they didn't do one since despite not liking the genre all that much it's a big release.

Avatar image for panburgerpartner
    PanburgerPartner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@oursin_360: By my definition, yeah, it is. Not suggesting I’m right or wrong, but I’ve never understood it as an indication of quality, meerly a game with a lot of marketing and a significant budget.

As Jeff’s often fond of pointing out, with large publishers becoming so risk-averse, and most indies still too small to provide them, the traditional “B” games we used to see are all but extinct.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.