Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Final Fantasy Legend

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 30, 1990

The Final Fantasy Legend is the English title given to the first game in the SaGa series. In this game, a group of adventurers journey to the top of a mysterious tower.

How janked is this game?

mrchup0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mrchup0n

It's perhaps part of Final Fantasy Legend's charm, but there were so many janky things about this game I don't know where to begin. Frustrating: I don't know when my mutants increase their stats or which stat is increased until I check. I don't know what abilities they gain or lose until I check, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what's dropped. Amusing: My mutant went from having 10 uses of Mirror, 3 uses of Power and 23 uses of ESP one battle to having 40, 1, and 66 respectively. Also, she somehow got to 99 Mana before I beat Sei-Ryu. 

Maybe I'm just ass-crazy, but this jankiness is one reason why I still play it today. Well, that and I know what to expect already, I guess. If I had to play a janky retail game in this day and age I don't think I'd last past hour 2.

langdonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By langdonx

I have really fond memories of this game, but yea, it was pretty janky.  The mutant transformation thing was really lame, but that's probably why they had the quick reset function (a,b,select,start). 

I also remember abusing quick reset to ensure I got the maximum amount of upgrade when using the permanent upgrade consumables like HP200.  They would increase your HP permanently by a random amount (between 5 and 20)... they were pretty costly too, so it's not like you wanted to only get 5 HP increase out of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.