Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us Part II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 19, 2020

Ellie and Joel are back in The Last of Us Part II, which takes place five years after the events of the first game.

giant bomb have any plan for a the last of us 2 spoilercast ?

popeye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

does anyone know that giant bomb have any plan for a the last of us 2 spoilercast ? or a review from Brad ?

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny just mentioned that they have recorded one on the Beastcast.

mrcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikewhy: It's on the schedule now too for July 18th!

popeye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@popeye11: it was the latest one that came out today, he happened to mention it when I was watching live.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

I'm hoping for some varied experiences here because I started listening to the Waypoint one a while back and everyone there basically shared the same opinion so each time any issues came up it was "yah I agree with that." It's not all too interesting to listen to 4 people agree with each other for over 3 hours without any pushback. When the guys from Triple Click discussed the game it was varied enough because Kirk actually had contradicting viewpoints on a lot of the elements which Jason and Maddy didn't enjoy which made for a lot more interesting listening.

plan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By plan6

I think a lot of folks are going to agree on the main points: game to long + game doesn’t have a ton to say about its choice of topic.

The glaring whole in the LoU2 is that no one talks about why they are doing or did shit. When you have two opposing characters, at some point they should talk about stuff. The game never does that and I’m not sure it is intentional.

Edit: I’m interested to hear what people think. But I’m very sure it is going to be mixed for almost everyone. Especially on the plot.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mellotronrules

@humanity: for sure- i'm a little bummed as it sounds like jeffy b. wasn't able to participate. granted they haven't really had the chance to fully express their thoughts, but it sounds like most of the crew (brad, vinny, abby) ended up in a 'good not great' place vis-a-vis the game (which, to be clear, is more than fair). jeff seemed to be the sweetest on it, so he would have been nice to have around if only to push or be pushed to explore everyone's thoughts. but we'll see how it goes!

but yes, i'm generally with you that discussions that consist of people in agreement for an extended period don't make for the most interesting listening (especially when it comes to evaluating artistic work). controversial opinion- but that's part of the reason why i preferred gb's 2018 GOTY to last year's- sure 2018 was a little more hot-under-the-collar, but i had a much better understanding of how people felt coming out of that thing than last year's.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I'm hoping for some varied opinons here because I started listening to the Waypoint one a while back and everyone there basically shared the same opinion so each time any issues came up it was "yah I agree with that." It's not all too interesting to listen to 4 people agree with each other for over 3 hours. When the guys from Triple Click discussed the game it was at least interesting because Kirk actually had contradicting viewpoints on a lot of the elements which Jason and Maddy didn't enjoy which made for a lot more interesting listening.

I agree with this. The KindaFunny Games cast spoiler video was also like everyone bumming the game and by the end I swear the screen was full of jizz and i couldn't see anything

I've beaten this game and thought it was great in some aspects and disappointing in others. I can't wait for the spoilercast because I know for a fact they will have a more balanced view than "omfg the game is a masterpiece in every facet".

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plan6 said:

I think a lot of folks are going to agree on the main points: game to long + game doesn’t have a ton to say about its choice of topic.

The glaring whole in the LoU2 is that no one talks about why they are doing or did shit. When you have two opposing characters, at some point they should talk about stuff. The game never does that and I’m not sure it is intentional.

Edit: I’m interested to hear what people think. But I’m very sure it is going to be mixed for almost everyone. Especially on the plot.

I thought that was part of the point. I mean, realistically and ideally speaking I think most people can poke holes in it and say 'Why didn't they talk? That could have saved a lot of people from harm.' Or something along those lines, and yet what I took away from it was that in life, there are a lot of people that don't want to hear the other side, and don't want to or feel they need to empathize with people that they see as opposing to their views. The thing I liked about the first game was that, in large part, it felt very plausible in terms of character actions; there weren't a whole lot of things I would question, but in two the issue is that there are questions about whether what a character does is plausible or just stupid to serve the story. I feel like they had too much they wanted to say, and it didn't all work in two.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.