Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 09, 2006

The direct sequel to The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and the seventh entry in Falcom's Legend of Heroes series.

Trails In the Sky SC had an extremely troubled localization

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
    GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Over at Kotaku they've put up a piece that details it. They had all sorts of problems leading to the four and a half year gap between this game and the first. Like the article says, that it came out at all is nothing short of a miracle. What a labor of love it must have been to finish it, and an even greater one to continue on with the series like they are.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Falcom games have insane fanbases. It's like the Atlus fanbase before they became "mainstream."

I'm glad those people get to enjoy an official release of the game finally even though I'm sure that many have already played this game in some form already if they're real dedicated to it.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeesh, that's much worse than I was expecting. Nothing is worth being pushed to the brink of suicide.

Sad that I can't afford to support them right now. Even sadder that it probably won't sell that well regardless even after all that.

@musclerider: There's no fan translation out there as far as I know. Or if there is it wouldn't be nearly as comprehensive (or as good) as XSEED's localization. Not to mention this is the first time it's available as a PC release.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have so much sympathy and gratitude towards the people that made this release a reality. It's one of the last remaining truly great jrpg series, and anyone who claims to still loves this genre owes it to themselves, and to the people who made this possible, to check it out.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@zeik: Well all the better then that they came out with this version of it then. I have a friend who is a bit of a Falcom superfan so I hear about these games all the time and I assumed there had been some sort of solution before.

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cettu

"She estimates that the script clocked in at 716,401 words, which is roughly the size of 10 novels. For context: the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy is 455,125 words. Tolstoy’sWar and Peace (New American Library Version) is 587,287."

The amount of writing in these games might make you think they're cases of quantity over quality, but trust me, that is so not true.

It's not often that I get moved by stories in video games, but here are some prime examples where that definitely happened. These might just be the most charming games I've ever played. The localization team really did an outstanding job when bringing them over, and they deserve all the praise they're getting, and more.

The first game is on sale at 50% off on both Steam and gog.com, right now:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251150/

https://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cettu: it's also on sale on PSN (PSP and Vita) for 10 as well. I picked u0 the first game, but im definitely going to get the second if i like it.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thatdudeguy

I played a couple hours of this game last night, after really enjoying and recently finishing LoH: TitS FC (oh, man – that's an unfortunate acronym). I'm really digging it. It's funny, but starting this game so close to its predecessor makes the difference in localization styles very apparent. And I much prefer this game's style. While I miss the unique empty treasure chest flavor text, I'm impressed by the quality of personalities that emerge from the dialogue.

I don't know whether this game will explore cities outside of those created for the original, other than new dungeons, but I'm excited to take another tour of Liberl.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MobiusFun

Holy shit, I've been wondering what happened to Carpe Fulgur. They put three great games on steam and then disappeared. I hope this means they're back to doing their own projects.

Since they were contracted, they probably got paid already and won't get any royalties or anything like that, right? I'm just wondering if I should pity buy this or not.

Edit: After a little searching, I found out they released a game last summer. Whoops.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.