Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Korra

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 21, 2014

A downloadable third-person action game from Platinum Games.

Korra Gameplay Revealed

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This looks like a budget Bayonetta. It doesn't quite nail the look of the show, but more Bayonetta gameplay is always a good thing! It even has witch time! I hope they do something interesting with the story.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks like a Platinum game, so day 1 purchase for me.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Looks fine.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Meh, looks perfectly fine, but doesn't really wow me. If this was anything other than a Korra game, I might pick it up for the hell of it, but well...fuck that noise

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316

I've never watched Avatar/Korra, despite being somewhat interested. I'm willing to watch the whole series to prep for this.

Why? Because it's Platinum.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Just looking at the combat, there's an oddly physical sensation to it that you don't get a lot in these types of games. Like in Devil May Cry, most of your swords just seem to fly through enemies like they're butter. Korra's bending, though? That shit packs a punch. (I guess the Arkham games also have that feeling, but they're a completely different game altogether.)

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Seems like it has solid gameplay systems in place, though with Platinum at helm I was pretty confident in that. I am more interested in seeing how it treats the license though. I'm already noticing little things like the fact that she seems to be pulling water out of her ass, which is somewhat disappointing considering a water source is supposed to be required for waterbending. I also don't get the sense that the game really captures bending as its portrayed on the show. It seems more like a standard third person melee action game themed around bending instead of a swordplay rather than the incredibly free-form bending as in the show. Granted, it would be pretty much impossible to implement a system with the near limitless potential bending provides in a game (similar to how no game has managed to make telekinesis as fun or powerful as it should be).

Still, I never dreamed of getting a competently playing action game set in this universe, so I'm certainly leaning towards a day one purchase.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just looking at the combat, there's an oddly physical sensation to it that you don't get a lot in these types of games. Like in Devil May Cry, most of your swords just seem to fly through enemies like they're butter. Korra's bending, though? That shit packs a punch. (I guess the Arkham games also have that feeling, but they're a completely different game altogether.)

Try God Hand, punches are HARD as hell (It's also a Platinum game).

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@video_game_king said:

Try God Hand, punches are HARD as hell (It's also a Platinum game).

Well, it was Clover. Pretty much Platinum before Platinum.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RazielCuts

Looks totally reasonable and they're doing well by the franchise and not just pooping it out but graphically though, Is it just me or does it it look kinda...not bad but just plain? I imagine this is going to be cross-gen but whenever I've seen the Naruto games in action they've looked more visually appealing. The texturing for the environments look okay (even if the modelling is just flat arenas) just yeah, maybe that little shading on the character models themselves just stand out too much? I was thinking more El Shaddai but maybe not. It looks like the show but just missing something that makes it feel a bit soul less?

Just got to the end, wait? This is going to be a downloadable only game? Well, maybe I'll let it off then it's downloadable pricing, $15~

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks totally reasonable and they're doing well by the franchise and not just pooping it out but graphically though, Is it just me or does it it look kinda...not bad but just plain? I imagine this is going to be cross-gen but whenever I've seen the Naruto games in action they've looked more visually appealing. The texturing for the environments look okay (even if the modelling is just flat arenas) just yeah, maybe that little shading on the character models themselves just stand out too much? I was thinking more El Shaddai but maybe not. It looks like the show but just missing something that makes it feel a bit soul less?

The Naruto games took like 10 versions to perfect the look

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its looking pretty good considering its a $15 downloadable game.

lasergreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lasergreen

Looking forward to this one quite a bit. Love the show.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All it needs is the RULES OF NATURE!!! theme going on.

Loading Video...

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this looks....much better than I was anticipating it to be. Good job Platinum

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks faster than I'd like it to be. All the movement is so spastic, and I feel like smoother animations would make for a better representation of the TV show. PlatinumGames' releases have been pretty hit-or-miss for me, so I'm taking a wait-and-see approach on this one.

Also, I'd prefer an Avatar: The Last Airbender game to a Legend of Korra game, but I guess that's an unreasonable request.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Corevi
    @falserelic said:

All it needs is the RULES OF NATURE!!! theme going on.

Eh, every one of their games have had amazing songs in them, and I wouldn't even say Rules of Nature is the best song in MGR, just the most popular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.