Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

Probably the only game series to continuously be remade and...

• 58 results
    NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By NickBOTT

The first Zelda I played was the original on NES, however Link to the past is my favorite Zelda. 

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By sixpin

I may be the odd man out here, but I haven't really enjoyed any of the Zelda games as much as Link to the Past. It wasn't my first though. I played the original back in '87. I just haven't had the desire to finish one since Ocarina of Time. I recently bought the 3DS remake to see if it will spark my interest in the series again. In reagards to Twilight Princess; I'm with Brad on the use of waggle controls, so I doubt Twilight Princess will do anything for me.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By wrighteous86

I did some pretty in-depth retrospectives on Ocarina and Majora that some of you might find interesting. I've recently marathoned through the series (which I don't recommend). The similarities get really dull and obvious after a while, and sliding block puzzles are now like second-nature to me. The games are still of high quality, but when they mix things up, like in Majora's Mask or Wind Waker or Four Swords Adventures they can get pretty amazing. I think Skyward Sword (particularly because of the sky and motion control mechanics) will be one of the "different but great" iterations in the series.

Just want to give props to it again, but when it first came out, I was lucky enough to play Four Swords Adventures with four friends over the course of a month or two, and it is honestly the best gaming experience I've ever had. It's not quite as amazing playing by yourself, but if the Wii U can offer me up something like that again, sign me up.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By WickedCestus

I like to go through that retrospective every once in a while, it's really well done. Anyways, I love the Zelda series so much; basically my favourite series ever. I've played all the games (except Spirit Tracks) since Ocarina of Time and loved them all. That being said, I've only actually beat two of them: Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass. It's probably because I've got a lot better at them over the years up to the point where I can finally beat them, because those two aren't even my favourites.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Evilsbane said:

@LiquidPrince: You should play Twilight, its no OoT but that game has some bang for you buck with length it gets better the farther you get.\\

Also you Majora's Mask lovers...Fuck your Giant Clock 3 day reset bullshit.

Well currently I'm playing throug my Ocarina of Time on the 3DS, but I'll get back to Twilight Princess afterwards. Although, I also have Wind Waker coming in the mail...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By LiquidPrince

Man, I wish they would update that retrospective!

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By FreakAche

@Enigma777 said:

There's plenty of bad Zelda games. Majora's Mask, Twilight Princes, the DS ones... the CDi ones.... *shudder*

Oh come on! You can't refer to Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and the DS Zeldas in the same sentence as the CDi Zeldas! That's crazy talk!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Turambar
    @HandsomeDead said:
    People seriously believe there's an intentional Zelda timeline?
    The Zelda team stated there was one that they follow loosely when developing the games in an interview awhile back I believe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.