Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jan 13, 2009

A multiplayer action game developed by Pandemic Studios set in the Lord of the Rings universe.

This demo is kick ass.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Icil

I think the big problem, though, is that since it has the 'Lord of the Rings' label, some people (myself included) have a huge expectation on the atmosphere of the game already. As far as the LotR label goes, I think the game does a terrible job of making you feel like you're fighting on Middle Earth (until you see the Balrog =D). Mages shooting lightning everywhere, warriors with flaming swords, etc. However, when I look at the game as just SW:Battlefront with a fantasy setting, I think it's a whole lot of fun.

I'm definitely picking up this game (and by that, I mean I'm Gameflying it).

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

You're definitely on-point with the lack of Middle Earth qualities. I don't ever remember "rogues" backstabbing people in LotR. The ents, Balrog, trolls, and etc. were at least implemented. The demo was bad, but then fun for me when I started getting good, then it fell flat again. Not sure what it is, but it reminded me of Battlefront (obviously) but also somewhat of Battlegrounds in World of Warcraft. I'll wait until it drops in price, because I am not putting down cash for a game that has mediocre graphics and such a simple rock-paper-scissors class system.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.