Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Stanley Parable

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 17, 2013

The Stanley Parable is an abstract, psychological, dark and humorous meta-narrative that attempts to make its choices void, journey paradoxical and generate discussion about storytelling in video games.

length of game?

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I feel bad for asking this since the quality of that demo was quite high but old habits die hard and I must know how long this experience is. This honestly would just determine if I am buying the game right now or during a sale.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

There is an achievment to finish the game in 4 minutes and 22 seconds. You can play this game for hours and don't discover everything

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cornbredx

It's hard to say as an answer could spoil what the game is but I have been playing it for 3 hours so far. I am not completely sure that I've seen everything yet.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Been playing a couple of hours and I have no idea have much I've seen so far. So many diverging paths to go down,

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to say as an answer could spoil what the game is but I have been playing it for 3 hours so far. I am not completely sure that I've seen everything yet.

sounds good to me, thanks.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zaccheus

So god damn many endings... I played for 2 hours and I think I've probably got most of them. There is some crazy shit in this game. Definitely worth 10 bucks.

If you feel unsure I'd watch this very spoiler light video:

Loading Video...

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaccheus said:

So god damn many endings... I played for 2 hours and I think I've probably got most of them. There is some crazy shit in this game. Definitely worth 10 bucks.

Loading Video...

i have been playing for 2 hours and I think I got all of them... i have taken all the branches I remember seeing but there is no way to be sure... Some of them actually made me feel something... ie(no spoilers, I give a vague vague name to the path and you would know what I am talking about only if you saw it, but blocked anyway) the path with the light show. The game feedback path was awesome.

Real spoiler here about the last two buttons on the main path: when you press "on", were you able to stop the countdown, i felt like it was possible but i didnt exactly get it, i only attempted once though.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zaccheus
    @super2j said:

@zaccheus said:

i have been playing for 2 hours and I think I got all of them... i have taken all the branches I remember seeing but there is no way to be sure... Some of them actually made me feel something... ie(no spoilers, I give a vague vague name to the path and you would know what I am talking about only if you saw it, but blocked anyway) the path with the light show. The game feedback path was awesome.

Real spoiler here about the last two buttons on the main path: when you press "on", were you able to stop the countdown, i felt like it was possible but i didnt exactly get it, i only attempted once though.

I know what you mean about those two paths. Especially the light show one was pretty touching and the video game one went just into riddiculous lenghts to make it's point. It was incredible. I think the whole point of the countdown ending is that you can't stop it. It's the narrators fuck you to the player, so to speak. You know, it's a video game you are the player ie hero and there is million buttons and obviously you just have to solve the puzzle to win... but you can't win; not in The Stanley Parable. In retrospect we probably should have had this conversation in here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.