Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

How Will It End? (Spoilers for previous episodes)

• 63 results
    Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By colourful_hippie

Now with ep. 4 out of the way how do you think 5 will play out? I'm still gathering my thoughts after just finishing 4 and dealing with the whole you're fucked thing.

I'm guessing you have to end up rejoining with Clem before you die, right? If she's still alive...(she has to be!) After that my guess is that she leaves with your friends while you're left behind to off yourself or just sit there.

The things that interests me the most is what happens to the people who ended up alone with no help. That must suck ass.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

Lee dies never finding Clementine and you finish the game as her.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By notdavid

We're going to find out that Vernon has closer ties to Lee and the group than just being the guy on the radio. How long has he been watching them? What's his relation to Clementine?

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hbkdx12

A good theory that i've seen other people post is that clementine is basically going to have to choose between Lee and (the promise of) her parents based on the decisions you've made in the game as a whole and how you've treated her. 

@notdavid: Was it ever stated that vernon was the voice on the radio? 

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By colourful_hippie

@hbkdx12 said:

A good theory that i've seen other people post is that clementine is basically going to have to choose between Lee and (the promise of) her parents based on the decisions you've made in the game as a whole and how you've treated her.

Why would she ever go with Lee at this point now that he's bit? It's not certain that he will die but it's most likely and at the end of 4 the guy on the radio straight up says that he's not Vernon. I don't see any reason to not believe him.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By M_Shini

Vernon isnt the guy on the radio.

@hbkdx12 said:

i agree with this, all that trust and decisions when speaking to her will obviously end up adding up in some way since they haven't had any influenced yet, looking at it from a boring game mechanic perspective.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Milkman
    @Breadfan said:
    I think he'll find her but I agree on finishing the game as Clem. WHAT IF...you play as Clem and she's the one who has to kill Lee.  

@hbkdx12 said: 
    No and I'm pretty sure he's not the voice on the radio. 
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Milkman said:

@Breadfan said:
    I think he'll find her but I agree on finishing the game as Clem. WHAT IF...you play as Clem and she's the one who has to kill Lee.

Guaranteed GoTY for me if that happens!

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

The voice text was like a yellowish orange. Has anyone else had that color voice text?

Also I don't think you play as Clem until the sequel.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hbkdx12
    @Colourful_Hippie: It depends on what other option she's presented with. 

Arbitrarily speaking, lets say her parents are alive and at the end of the game, Clem has to make the decision to have you come with her and her folks or leave you behind based on her parents insistence.  In a situation like that, i could see it playing out where if you were good to Clem and the people around her that she fights and argues with her parents tooth and nail to bring you along vs. if you've been pretty shitty then she'll regretfully listen to her parents. 

Something like that. 

Plus i wholeheartedly believe that even if she knew Lee was bit she'd still stick by him until she physically couldn't. But again, her making a decision like that could easily be based on how quick you were kill people/let them die and be mean and things like that.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By CL60

I think Lee will turn into a zombie and you will have to play as Clementine and shoot Lee. Or you just wont play as Clem, and the end will just be Clem shooting Lee.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Gary Whitta has stated that episode 5 is being written by Sean Vanaman, writer of episodes 1 and 3 (two of my favorite episodes), so I have high hopes for what's next.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Phatmac

Your whole crew will die and Lee will save Clem from whoever the voice on the radio is. The last moments of the game will be you with Clem discussing your bite and what'll happen next. Either Clem will have to shoot Lee or you get the choice to kill yourself. I don't know what'll happen but I guarantee that your party will die if you bring them with you. I'm certain of this due to having the option of going by yourself so everyone except Clem is indispensable. It's going to be brutal for sure.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrfluke
    @Phatmac said:

The last moments of the game will be you with Clem discussing your bite and what'll happen next. Either Clem will have to shoot Lee or you get the choice to kill yourself.

this i agree with,  that seems like the thing that will happen, and mann if they pull it off properly, its going to be a serious emotional powerhouse of a finale. which could easily make this game GOTY, or most definitely win Best Story
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrfluke

cause i incidentally told clem that we were going to go on the boat and forget about her parents, and she started crying, and then the fucking game broke me.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By golguin

I feel that the number of people you take to the finale will be your extra lives. It will play out like a crazy relay race where people will keep sacrificing themselves/dying to get Lee to the final goal. The twist lies in the fact that Lee wont be the last person to make it to Clem, but will instead come back as a zombie and kill the last person that's currently with Clem. It's at that moment that you will take control of Clem and have to kill Lee.

If you only have Lee with you then he'll make it as far as a full group and end up barely alive as he reaches Clem. In that scenario Clem will have to decide to kill you while still a human or once you turn.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrfluke
    @golguin: thats a pretty genius scenario.
    xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18  Edited By xpgamer7

The whole bite thing surprised me but after episode 3's barrage it's hard to phase me. I think Lee will find a new character in charge of another group who actually does know where clementine's parents are. Whether he's got them as part of his group, mental sanity and whether her parents are even alive is questionable.

But hearing this makes me really excited, as I'd have to agree on the episode quality chart.(Personal opinion only)

@FluxWaveZ said:

Gary Whitta has stated that episode 5 is being written by Sean Vanaman, writer of episodes 1 and 3 (two of my favorite episodes), so I have high hopes for what's next.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrfluke
    @golguin: the whole having zombie lee killing the last person, could potentially be hokey if they dont pull it off properly though.
    kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kishinfoulux

Have they stated whether Season 2 will have a whole new cast of characters? I thought I had read that. If so it makes sense for everyone to die or just go off on their own.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By colourful_hippie

@FluxWaveZ said:

Sweet. Those were some strong episodes, I was about to write off 4 if it wasn't for the whole you're gonna be a zombie and Clem getting taken away.

Skanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Skanker

Lee won't turn into a zombie, they'll cut off his hand to stop the infection from spreading and he'll have a "near death" moment from losing a goddamn limb, cue to him and Clem (where are the others?) on a boat sailing into the sunset. Calling it!

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By RedSox8933

@Colourful_Hippie: I chose to go alone (for a number of reasons, mainly just because I was still sort of in shock, and after I hid the bite I felt like I was totally alone and emotionally separated from the group) and I'm kind of loving it. It's not going to end well, that's for sure, but it's a completely unique experience and seems like a poetic way to end the season.

@Milkman said:

@Breadfan said:

And as far as the ending goes, I can't picture a more perfect and heartbreaking ending than this, especially for those of us who went alone. It would be extremely difficult to deal with, but if Telltale has the storytelling chops to pull something like that off? That would be fucking INCREDIBLE.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RedSox8933

I mostly just hope it ends on a believable (read: pitch fucking black) note. I'm all for a semblance of hope being present at the end, but they have got to do justice to this fantastic story they have created.

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By randyf

I don't like the idea of playing as Clementine. Never once did you ever control anyone other than Lee, so I think it would be silly to switch the player's character at the last possible minute. Unless they play it off as Lee training Clem to deal with the world as it is and now the player gets passed onto Clementine. I could see that if they make it so you play as Clementine in Season 2, which I think could be interesting.

Either way, I don't think it's going to be a happy ending. And I mean happy in relative terms. I don't think Lee and Clementine are going to have a heartwarming goodbye. I just can't see it happening with how crappy everything else has been (in terms of trauma and darkness).

I could see Lee, who now knows his days are numbered, sacrificing himself to save Clementine in some way. Maybe he jumps in front of a bullet that would hit Clementine or he uses himself as bait to lead a horde of zombies away so Clementine will be safe. Or maybe you have a choice whether or not to do something like that.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By papercut

How will it end? Poorly.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheHumanDove

I think in the end, Lee asks Clem to shoot him, closing the chapter and giving her the final training

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Klei

Well, it's obvious that Lee dies.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vikingdeath1

@Metric_Outlaw: Flash forward a few years so she's more capable? or continuing with her still a child? cause I like your idea.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kishinfoulux

@TheHumanDove said:

I think in the end, Lee asks Clem to shoot him, closing the chapter and giving her the final training

Only then, by killing someone she loves, can she unlock her Mangekyou Sharingan. >_>

@vikingdeath1 said:

@Metric_Outlaw: Flash forward a few years so she's more capable? or continuing with her still a child? cause I like your idea.

Maybe season 2 you play as "grown up" Clem. That'd be pretty cool.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Red

I don't know what leads up to it, but it ends with you shifting to Clementine and shooting zombie Lee.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Sessh

While I still have some hope on Lee surviving because of someone finally saying "just cut off your fucking arm", I'm thinking that, yes, he will die and, yes, Clem will be to one to off him after turning.

Now I'm just hoping that Clem will NOT go 

• with Christa and Omid, just because Christa, who is obviously pregnant, wants to get a head start at playing mommy.
    • with Kenny because he didn't even help Lee in my game.
    • with her parents, who miraculously turn up alive. (That would be way to cheesy.)
    • with Vernon, who just pissed me off, overstepping his boundaries in telling Lee what to do with Clem.
    • with Ben, cause come on! (Should have just let him die.)

So I guess there's really not that many options that will please me in the end. I'd be okay with Molly, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zimbo

I think Molly is going to make a reappearance in episode 5 and will hopefully take Clem with her after Lee dies. I'm sure Molly could be persuaded since she used to have a younger sister and all. She could also teach Clem how to be even more badass than normal.

rihanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rihanna

I hope it ends with the revelation that Kenny, and not Lee, was the leader (protagonist) the entire time. The story was really about Kenny's journey, and not Lee and Clem's journey.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nottle

@Zimbo said:

I think Molly is going to make a reappearance in episode 5 and will hopefully take Clem with her after Lee dies. I'm sure Molly could be persuaded since she used to have a younger sister and all. She could also teach Clem how to be even more badass than normal.

Molly has to pop up right? That has to happen. She's the video games Michonne.

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rockinkemosabe

I think Vernon took his group to the train to use it to leave Savannah.

LucVargas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LucVargas

I think the theory of Lee killing himself/getting killed by Clem is very possible. After that I think Clem will be adopted by Christa and Omid and they will escape on Kenny's boat, their fates unknown. It is The Walking Dead we're talking about, so it would be kind jarring seeing a happy ending. I'm hoping for a more bittersweet ending.

I find it really hard for Kenny to survive this episode. No idea about the rest of the characters.

Then again, Telltale could always surprise us.

@RockinKemosabe said:

I think Vernon took his group to the train to use it to leave Savannah.

Ooooooh shit, that's right! There was that bit of dialogue, wasn't there? Yeah, the train will probably play role in Episode 5.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Lee wakes up in the back of the police car. On his way to prison they see police cars speeding towards Atlanta and then they hit the zombie in the road, when lee wakes up after the crash he shoots himself.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CL60

@Nottle said:

@Zimbo said:

She can die so I doubt she will have a huge role.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By myke_tuna

@Breadfan said:

Very close to what I was thinking. I would add that Clementine is the one who puts "walker Lee" down. And either, Clementine continues alone (if they want something a little more dark, but not cliche that Clementine dies) or Clementine gets back with "the group" and goes on surviving with them (but doesn't ever find her parents).

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nottle

@CL60 said:

@Nottle said:

@Zimbo said:

She can? When?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CL60

@Nottle said:

@CL60 said:

@Nottle said:

@Zimbo said:

She can? When?

When the walker grabs her and you have to shoot it(Or let clem shoot it.) You can miss and hit Molly.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nottle

@CL60 said:

@Nottle said:

@CL60 said:

@Nottle said:

@Zimbo said:

She can? When?

When the walker grabs her and you have to shoot it(Or let clem shoot it.) You can miss and hit Molly.

It doesn't go to a game over or anything?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Milkman
    @Nottle said:

@CL60 said:

@Nottle said:

@CL60 said:

@Nottle said:

@Zimbo said:

She can? When?

It doesn't go to a game over or anything?

Can anyone confirm this? I'm fairly sure she can't die.
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45  Edited By JasonR86

It'll likely be up to the player. I'm going to try to swing it where I save Clementine, have a nice heart-felt goodbye, and let someone off me before I turn.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Ruiner

it will end with you crawling towards something... Metal Gear Solid 4 style...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By AndrewB
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By benjaebe

While I could definitely see it ending with Clementine shooting Lee, I almost hope they do something else that I'm not expecting to happen. They set it up well enough in Ep 4 that I didn't expect Lee to get bit, at least not in this episode, so I'm hoping they can do something to at least make it unexpected or not as predictable as "Lee turns and Clementine shoots him roll credits." Don't get me wrong, it would still be a great ending, but still.

At the very least, provided Lee keeps himself healthy, he could probably last a few days if not a bit longer with that bite. In the comics Jim lasted a few days and he was missing a huge chunk of his arm - it's not the bite that kills you, but rather the massive infection you get from the bite. Lee doesn't look like he got more than a minor bite, so he definitely has some time.

I would almost be kind of into the idea of it ending on a cliffhanger, where you find Clem and Lee is sick but not quite dying and Season 2 picks up from there, provided they plan on keeping the same cast of characters.

BigSteve1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By BigSteve1983

For me I think the end of the season will be you save Clem and as they get to the boat lee starts to get taken ill with the Zombieness and then it will come up with the four options which I could see being:

Clem, run (Lee shoots himself)

Clem shoots Lee

Clem caves Lee's skull in with a hammer (a call back to when they first met)

.... (which leads to Lee feasting on Clem)

I honestly cannot see it ending well in Episode five. I mean the comics have a known history of killing off characters and I could see one or maybe all of them dying.

Driam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Driam

Lee eats it, Clem doesn't and none of the cast returns in season two so that they don't have to take the players' choices into consideration.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.