Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Let's talk about Episode 3. *SPOILERS*

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#101  Edited By bkbroiler

@I_Stay_Puft said:

After playing the game I've seen alot of post and threads about Carley, but I have to wonder did anybody who played episode 3 have Doug in their game and if so does it pretty much turn out the same for Carley? This is kind of making me itch at starting another game just to see how Doug fared through the first three episodes.

I have a second save where Doug is alive that I'm planning on playing this weekend. If no one else has, I'll report in when I know!

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By superjoe

@oraknabo said:

@RecSpec said:

@oraknabo said:

Still curious about this:

@oraknabo said:

Did anyone else walk around the front of the train and get the zombie in the car started up? I decided not to shoot it and could hear it yelling for the whole rest of the scene until we started the train even though nobody else commented on it. I was wondering if shooting it would have started something.

You can't shoot it. The game won't let you because you'll make too much noise.

Weird. It almost seems like it was part of something they had to cut at the last minute. It was a decent jump scare during a fairly quiet part, but other than that, pointless. Most people probably won't go over there anyway.

You can unbuckle the seatbelt and slam its head in the door to get the box of animal crackers, which I gave to Duck.

Lucien21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#103  Edited By Lucien21

Did you shoot the girl in the street?

No I left her to be Zombie kibble.

Did you abandon Lilly?

I ditched the fecking bitch.

Did you fight Kenny?

I managed to talk him down without fighting him.

Did you shoot Duck?

Yes I thought it was the honorable thing to do.

Did you help Omid?

I did, but he was bitchy about it.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By Dylabaloo

That Clem dream sequence was just EVIL! Way to play with my emotions TellTale. 

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#105  Edited By recroulette
    @Dylabaloo said:
    Oh man I completely forgot about that. That was vicious.
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By jozzy

@RecSpec said:

@Dylabaloo said:

Ow yeah, that was bloody brilliant!

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By Jazzycola

I just finished the episode 3 released on Steam and found that all my decisions were in the minority except for shooting Duck myself. They say that their decisions should be close to 50/50 and it's a design fault if they aren't, but it seems as if the decisions are becoming more and more lopsided.

I chose to shoot the girl cause for one it's right to put her out of her misery and second one less walker in the world.

I kept Lilly with us cause leaving her out there is wrong.

I talked Kenny down. Though, I didn't even know there was an option to fight Kenny as none of the dialogue options seemed to indicate that.

I offered to shoot Duck the first time and then actually shot him when Kenny lost his wife. I feel that's a no brainer and a bit of a weird design decision when it was all said and done.

I helped Omid, but I actually thought Omid wasn't going to jump and that I made the wrong decision by not pushing him off.

After finishing, I have to hope that the choices become more clear in future episodes. Some of the dialogue seems off and there were several occasions, like talking down or fighting Kenny, where all the dialogue seems to say one thing but end up in a completely different way. The Clementine scenes seemed weird compared to past episodes. Also, little bothered by the fact that I told Katjaa about what Kenny did (accidentally hit the wrong button), yet it is never brought up again past that. I felt that was going to be an altercation with Kenny later on in the episode, but it's just forgotten. Mainly because I told Kenny secret, yet, Lee didn't tell anybody else his secret till this episode which makes Lee/I a bit of a hypocrite.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#108  Edited By kishinfoulux

Yup. Plus it pissed off Kenny. Anything to anger that douche.

Did you abandon Lilly?

I REALLY REALLY wanted to after what she fucking did, but I thought maybe she was actually right and Carly had been the thief. Boy was I wrong.

Did you fight Kenny?

Again I really wanted to fuck him up but my immediate thought was "what if we end up wrecking the train with everyone on it or some shit?". So I talked him down.

Did you shoot Duck?

Fuck yeah and I'd do it again even if he wasn't bitten. >_>

Did you help Omid?

No I helped the girl but kinda by accident. He ran right by me. Pretty fast for a guy with a limp. >_>

fudge91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By fudge91

Man this episode was intense i really didn't expect the crew to fall apart so quickly. And the way that Carly got killed in the blink of a second, my jaw fucking dropped.. Did feel that Carly could have used some more screen time though to give it some more impact, same goes for Duck.. Also the new characters that got introduced seem pretty lame Omid is okay, but Christa is pretty much a clone of Lilly. And the puzzles in this episode were really weak. But apart from that it was a real emotional roller coaster from start to finish. Episode 4 can't come soon enough...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By Milkman
    @jozzy said:

@RecSpec said:

@Dylabaloo said:

Goddamn, I absolutely freaked out. This game rules.
    Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By Chibithor

@I_Stay_Puft said:

After playing the game I've seen alot of post and threads about Carley, but I have to wonder did anybody who played episode 3 have Doug in their game and if so does it pretty much turn out the same for Carley? This is kind of making me itch at starting another game just to see how Doug fared through the first three episodes.

I haven't played the Carley route but to boil Doug through ep1-3 down to a few sentences, minor spoilers I guess?

ep1 he's sad because he thinks you should've saved Carley. Ep2 he saves you at the end with a laser pointer. Ep3 he feels like he's useless because there was nothing he could use his tech skills on, then he dies. Also I believe the telling everyone about your past thing only happens with Carley because that never came up for me. Lilly reveals it before shooting Doug later though.

As for the OP, didn't shoot the girl. She's dead anyways. Abandoned Lilly because Doug was a bro and I thought Lilly was too, but apparently not. Didn't fight Kenny because ep3 was the first time I thought he wasn't being a dick all the time. Shot Duck. Helped Omid because I didn't think it was an actual choice, just clicked him first, and whatever.

Also I'm like the only person in this thread that doesn't hate Ben. He's my Doug replacement. Without him I got no-one, well, apart from Clementine. Yeah maybe he helped some bandits out but whatever right.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Chibithor said:

Also I'm like the only person in this thread that doesn't hate Ben. He's my Doug replacement. Without him I got no-one, well, apart from Clementine. Yeah maybe he helped some bandits out but whatever right.

Ben is the reason Lilly snapped and Carley's dead (in your case, Doug, I guess). He's potentially the reason that the bandits invaded the base in the first place, forcing the team to leave and getting Katjaa and Duck dead. He backstabbed the team; I can't see how you could be okay with him after that.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By oraknabo

@Milkman said:

@jozzy said:

@RecSpec said:

@Dylabaloo said:

Goddamn, I absolutely freaked out. This game rules.

I was pretty certain it was a nightmare as soon as it happened, but it was still really good and added to the constant tension from the motel raid to the argument on the side of the road.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraknabo said:

@RecSpec said:

@oraknabo said:

@oraknabo said:

Did anyone else walk around the front of the train and get the zombie in the car started up? I decided not to shoot it and could hear it yelling for the whole rest of the scene until we started the train even though nobody else commented on it. I was wondering if shooting it would have started something.

Weird. It almost seems like it was part of something they had to cut at the last minute. It was a decent jump scare during a fairly quiet part, but other than that, pointless. Most people probably won't go over there anyway.

You can kill it. I unbuckled the seat belt then it crawled to me, then I smashed its head in with the car door. Then I got me some muh-fuckin' animal crackers.

Edit: Oops, looks like someone already said that.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By bkbroiler

Interesting that some people helped Omid first because they didn't realize there was a choice, and some people helped Christa first because of the same reason. Maybe the cursor starts on one or the other depending on what you do earlier?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jacdg

Soooo, does anyone think  Omid is a pedophile or something evil like that? Seems TellTale are more interested in the evil inside humans than in the walkers, and he seemed AWFULLY psyched to see a kid, and he and the chick did have a fight + she didn't want to share their baggage. 

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@Dylabaloo:

Truth, overall the whole walking dead game fits the whole entire franchise to a tee. Giving the survivors a glimmer of hope and happiness but you know they can take it away from you at the drop of the hat. Throughout my entire play through the third episode I found myself snickering at Clementine's responses and just feeling anxiety and exhausted with everything else happening around. I can already feel the heart strings pulling if Clementine gets an unexpected demise.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#118  Edited By AndrewB

@bkbroiler: That'll be one moment of the game I look back on and hate. The moment came and went so fast I don't really remember what made me "choose" and I didn't know there was a choice. I just acted. I dislike when the game makes it seem like you didn't intend to help *both* characters in trouble, as they always come in pairs. Who I chose to help first, in this case, was the dude I'd been running with the whole time and the one who got hurt.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#119  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yes, for me a lot of the game has been about Lee's redemption and his desperate need to do the "right thing"

Did you abandon Lilly?

Nope, even though I was flipping out a bit, leaving her behind would be cold-blooded murder

Did you fight Kenny?

I was able to talk him down even though he's not incredibly fond of Lee

Did you shoot Duck?

I shot Duck, making Kenny do it would have been needlessly cruel

Did you help Omid?

Yeah, it was a snap decision that I rationalized afterwards based on the fact that he was more seriously injured

@WebScud said:

@Milkman: Yup. When you go in to the RV to get pencil, the camera pulls back and she says something along the lines of "I could have killed you while you were looking around up here." There is one dialogue choice and she pushes you off the RV and takes off.

I wonder if your Lilly hated you more than mine did. I don't remember what she said exactly but it was definitely nothing aggressive or threatening. I told her to GO and she asked me to go with her. I told her I couldn't and she chucked me out of the RV.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Milkman
    @StarvingGamer said: 

@WebScud said:

@Milkman: Yup. When you go in to the RV to get pencil, the camera pulls back and she says something along the lines of "I could have killed you while you were looking around up here." There is one dialogue choice and she pushes you off the RV and takes off.

I wonder if your Lilly hated you more than mine did. I don't remember what she said exactly but it was definitely nothing aggressive or threatening. I told her to GO and she asked me to go with her. I told her I couldn't and she chucked me out of the RV.

It probably has a lot to do with if you sided with Kenny about her father. She hated me because I helped Kenny kill him. A decision I was regretting and trying to fix until she fucking shot Carley. 
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#121  Edited By golguin

Did anyone choose to shoot duck and then let the dpad just linger there? I'm curious to know if he'll turn if you just idle in that scene. I got it to the point where he was breathing and then slumped over before I shot him. I think there might be a scene of him turning had I waited longer.

neokef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By neokef

Shot the girl - mercy

Left Lilly - because I tried saving her father and I liked Carley.

Talked Kenny down

Shot Duck

Saved Omid

Loved the episode even though the shooting part was shit (both of them) and dragged a bit when the new characters were introduced. They haven't given me enough reason to care about Chuck, even though theres not much to say or talk to about him at this point. The new couple dialog choices weren't that great either. It's strange to think about how this would play out if you were "all Kenny" choices guy.

Also something I was wondering:

Does anyone else think Clementine's hoodie, haircut, and beginners gun skill will play in later?

Will the choices you've made in front of Clementine impact you later (i.e. saving killing Andy and Dandy in front of her.)

Will Kenny leave everyone behind or save them through his own sacrifice?

Do you think theres enough time for them to make us care about more characters (including Chuck and them?) (Besides Clementine's parents and "Uncle" [I think thats what I heard] since we are going to be dealing with them shortly)

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By webscud

@StarvingGamer said:

@WebScud said:

@Milkman said:

@StarvingGamer said:

@WebScud said:

It probably has a lot to do with if you sided with Kenny about her father. She hated me because I helped Kenny kill him. A decision I was regretting and trying to fix until she fucking shot Carley.

I killed her dad in Episode Two and always sided with Kenny. If I recall, I had three dialogue choices -- (paraphrased) "Lilly, don't do this!", "I'll kill you!", and a third option that I don't remember.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Dylabaloo
    @JacDG said:
    Soooo, does anyone think  Omid is a pedophile or something evil like that? Seems TellTale are more interested in the evil inside humans than in the walkers, and he seemed AWFULLY psyched to see a kid, and he and the chick did have a fight + she didn't want to share their baggage. 
    I love how the game has conditioned us to expect the worst in people. It's fucking terrific, yes I don't trust him. But you can't really trust anyone, did homeless guy with candy of all things ring any alarm bells with anyone, frankly I think it's too obvious and Tell Tale are just fucking with us.
    cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By cabelhigh

I actually broke down and started crying at the Kat/Duck moment. I told her to go do it because I thought she'd be stronger than Kenny and...man what a crappy day. Anyone else get so emotional?

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By GalacticPunt

@oraknabo said:

@RecSpec said:

@oraknabo said:

@oraknabo said:

There's animal crackers in that car, which can give Katjaa and Duck some comfort. It's kind of an optional "side quest." I suppose I won't spoil how to solve that bit, but Vinny taught me how to take care of the walker...

Nope, I saw her get bit and decided to use the advantage to help the living. Thought it would be over for her a little faster than it was, though....

Did you abandon Lilly?

Yup, kind of regretted it, but shit got too emotional in the moment. Will have to live with it.

Did you fight Kenny?

A little bit. I almost talked him down, then said the wrong thing and had to choke him out. He seemed to appreciate the effort.

Did you shoot Duck?

No. I ended up screaming at Kenny to pull the trigger, because I thought if he hesitated Duck would bite him and we'd lose the whole family.

Did you help Omid?

Yup, I figured if I helped the crippled one first, we could save both. For once in this brutal series, that kind of thinking actually worked out!

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Terramagi

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Terramagi
    No Caption Provided

It was a mercy kill.

I read the comics.

He started the fight, I ended it.

I shot the SHIT out of that kid.

Cursor was on him, besides - he had a busted leg. I imagine he would have gotten on no matter what, but fuck it.

I did not. I figured I would be able to deal with her later, but she ends up stealing the damn RV! I hope our paths cross again and not in a Lilly-shows-up-last-minute-to-redeem-herself kind of way. She is a horrible, broken woman and deserves what comes to her. Fingers crossed for her showing up and Kenny shooting her in the middle of her first words.

AHAHAHAHA

Oh GOD, this is like reading A Song of Ice and Fire and listening to somebody who has only seen the first few episodes of the HBO series try to predict things.

No reason to be a dick about it while also spoiling stuff about Lilly.

No, I really did.

It's like people being worried about Glenn possibly dying in Episode 1. It's like "you know he's literally a main character in the comics, right?" In fact, the only reason he's even HERE is BECAUSE of fan service. Same thing with Lilly - they were so blatant about it that I'm frankly surprised they stopped short of stopping the scene and overlaying the screen with a "she first appears in issue #XX" splash image.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Terramagi said:

No, I really did.

It's like people being worried about Glenn possibly dying in Episode 1. It's like "you know he's literally a main character in the comics, right?" In fact, the only reason he's even HERE is BECAUSE of fan service. Same thing with Lilly - they were so blatant about it that I'm frankly surprised they stopped short of stopping the scene and overlaying the screen with a "she first appears in issue #XX" splash image.

You realize most people who are playing the game probably don't follow the comics, right?

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Terramagi

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Terramagi said:

No, I really did.

You realize most people who are playing the game probably don't follow the comics, right?

Most people have probably only watched the TV series, this I know.

Guess what? He's in the first episode.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Terramagi said:

I'd go as far to say that most people who are playing the game haven't even watched the TV series.

I don't understand what your problem is. Is this a case of "I was into this before the rest of you"?

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Terramagi

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Terramagi said:

I'd go as far to say that most people who are playing the game haven't even watched the TV series.

I don't understand what your problem is. Is this a case of "I was into this before the rest of you"?

I didn't even read the comics until after Episode 1. It was so blatant that I said to myself "this is probably somebody from the comics", looked it up, and was like "yep". Then I was like "maybe I should read the comics" and, long story short, Robert Kirkman is a sick, sick man.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Terramagi said:

I didn't even read the comics until after Episode 1. It was so blatant that I said to myself "this is probably somebody from the comics", looked it up, and was like "yep". Then I was like "maybe I should read the comics" and, long story short, Robert Kirkman is a sick, sick man.

Obviously not everyone had that feeling that a character was from the comics. And, furthermore, it's obvious not everybody even cares about that as much as you seem to.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By izzygraze

I'm not so sure about this episode. I think it might of been too long since the last one. I didn't really feel invested in any of the characters. They were all kind of dicks at one point or another during this episode, except the kids. I think if I had just played episode 2 right before this then maybe I would have cared more when characters started dying.

The only really tough choice was the girl in the street. I wanted to save her but there were too many; I wanted to mercy kill her but it would have drawn attention to us. So I let her die a horrible horrible death.

I didn't give much of a fuck about lilly though. She was acting too paranoid so I left her.

Carly was nice but I mainly saved her/kept her alive because she can shoot and save my ass. I didn't care about her being a love interest because it seemed like an obvious ruse for me to keep her alive even though she was the traitor, which didn't turn out to be true.

Then Ducky dying? He gave me some laughs but meh. And the mod didn't like me very much either.

So yeah, I'm excited about episode 4 though. I'm curious about the new characters. Omid is kind of annoying but the tall lady could be cool.

cruxking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By cruxking

Was i the only who actually started to yell at the game during the little "Dream" bit in the rv? I literally have never said "NO,NO,NO This is not happening!!!!" at a game and so badly hoped that some thing wasn't actually happening in a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruxking said:

Was i the only who actually started to yell at the game during the little "Dream" bit in the rv? I literally have never said "NO,NO,NO This is not happening!!!!" at a game and so badly hoped that some thing wasn't actually happening in a game.

I knew it was a dream right when it started. Clem wouldn't die so early on, and especially not in such an anti-climatic way.

As for the choices,

I killed the woman on the streets because it was the right thing to do.

I brought Lily with us, because I thought that killing more people, or losing manpower at this point would be pointless. Not to mention Lily got very subdued after that bit.

I fought Kenny. He had it coming.

I killed Duck, because at that point I really felt god awful for Kenny, despite how much of a dick he has been. I stood by Lee's words that a parent shouldn't have to kill their own kid.

I helped the guy because I wasn't even aware it was a choice. I just clicked him immediately.

I thought episode 3 was kind of weak. It reached it's high point like 2/3 of the way through, and just kept on going. Though that cliff hanger was fun. I have no idea how the next episode will pan out though. I just disliked how bleak and dark this episode was compared to the others, I just felt like crap at the end of it, and I don't trust any of the new guys - especially Christa, I think she wants to separate me and Clem.

Regardless, it was a lot of fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
    deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you shoot the girl in the street? I shot her. She was being hung on by the zombies and I felt that in real life no way I could have run to her rescue before she was bitten which WAS established in this game that a bite will turn you.

Did you abandon Lilly? YEAH!!! She shot Doug. I seriously thought Doug was the thief in the group granted but still we need our team to survive and he was beginning to warm up. That and it doesn't hurt he was "technically" savvy . Gave me a weird vibe the entire time tho during all the interrogations. Wasn't expecting it to actually be the teenager.

Did you fight Kenny? I tried soo hard not to. I felt his pain and tried 3 times to calm him down to talk but he started beating the living shit out of me... I felt if I didn't fight back he would have beat me to death so I knocked some sense into that man.

Did you shoot Duck? I did. I didn't want Lenny or Kat to shoot their own child. I took control and shot him myself. I was kinda glad to see him go... spaz child.

Did you help Omid? I thought it was a simple decision to do so. I threw him off the bridge haha and he hurt himself so was limping he couldn't run to catch up to the train. Saved him first then he goes on complaining I didn't save the girl because she is a girl.... she made it and he needed to calm down in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I couldn't let a fellow human suffer like that. I manage to still collect a ton of supplies, at least that's what they told me when I got back to camp.

Did you abandon Lilly?

Yes, yes I did. I was livid. I don't think I've been more angry at a character from any story. I immediately regretted it. Seeing that walker creep toward her made my stomach crawl even worse. :-( I still feel awful...

Did you fight Kenny?

I tried to talk him down at first, but then I had to just set him straight.

Did you shoot Duck?

Yes. Kenny was already falling apart. Having that on his conscious would have just made him worse. I'm already a killer.

Did you help Omid?

Yes, but I wasn't really thinking about having to choose. I was going to do one after the other, forgetting that this game always makes you choose...

Overall this episode was simply fantastic, in a really horrific, make you want to just watch something happy just to cleanse your mind and soul kind of way.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Rabid619

I just finished playing Episode 3 and... oh god. So many bad, bad things happened I could barely handle it. I may have not liked duck, but after choosing to let him "be my robin" at the beginning of the episode he started to kind of grow on me. Then, of course, Carly was the person in the group that I trusted the most outside of Clem. The next person who I trusted after Carly? Lilly. No, i'm not kidding, and yes, I was completely dumbstruck when Lilly shot Carly in the face. Holy fuck. Poor Katjaa, too, I'm surprised that Kenny is still going after all of that.

Anyway, onto my decisions! Seems I did mostly what everyone else did, but fuuuuck. Just fuck.

I shot her out of mercy. Being left to be chomped on by a dozen walkers while still alive is a horrible fate that I wouldn't let anyone go through.

Did you abandon Lilly?

I brought that fucking bitch with me, to see if I could slap some sense into her at some point down the road, and what does she do? SHE FUCKING STEALS THE RV! God damnit, Lilly! Next time she won't get off so nicely.

Did you fight Kenny?

You bet your ass. Kenny was being an ass and ignoring the fact that his son was dying in his mothers arms, all while he just sat there and ignored it, assuring himself that things would just blow over. He needed some damn sense knocked into him.

Did you shoot Duck?

I did shoot Duck. As hard as I was on Kenny for ignoring him previously, I could not let a man shoot his own son, especially after just seeing his wife kill herself. Lee can get over that a lot more easily then Kenny did.

Did you help Omid?

I did. Dude was injured, girl wasn't, plus she seemed like she could handle herself.

I swear man, if Clem gets hurt sometime in the next couple episodes, I am going to lose my mind. Whereas usually video game children and useless brats, I have come to love Clem as if she were a real child. What an incredible experience this game is. Gut wrenching, but incredible.

Checklist of shit that went bad in Episode 3:

Betrayed by a member of the group

Lost the Motel

Carly was killed by Lilly

Duck was bit

Lilly stole the RV

Katjaa commited suicide

I shot duck

... now excuse me, I have to go weep softly into a pillow for a couple hours.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#139  Edited By Mystyr_E

I hated this episode and not just because all the shit that happens. I mean from a storytelling standpoint; there's just so many things I didn't care for with this episode that to me it seemed like they didn't know how to write certain story beats so they said "you know what? kill em all"

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By AndrewB

Nobody shed a tear for those wasted animal crackers. Damn it! Such a waste.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Terramagi

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Terramagi
    No Caption Provided

It was a mercy kill.

I read the comics.

He started the fight, I ended it.

I shot the SHIT out of that kid.

Cursor was on him, besides - he had a busted leg. I imagine he would have gotten on no matter what, but fuck it.

I did not. I figured I would be able to deal with her later, but she ends up stealing the damn RV! I hope our paths cross again and not in a Lilly-shows-up-last-minute-to-redeem-herself kind of way. She is a horrible, broken woman and deserves what comes to her. Fingers crossed for her showing up and Kenny shooting her in the middle of her first words.

AHAHAHAHA

Oh GOD, this is like reading A Song of Ice and Fire and listening to somebody who has only seen the first few episodes of the HBO series try to predict things.

No reason to be a dick about it while also spoiling stuff about Lilly.

No, I really did.

There are plenty of people who are playing this that have no experience with the comics or have not gotten far enough in said comics to have met Lily yet, so that logic isn't sound at all. It's dozens of issues in before she is a factor at all.
    papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#142  Edited By papercut

Guys, is Duck Jason Todd?

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By ShadyPingu

I wanna know what percentage of players high-fived Duck. That's the real story here.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#144  Edited By probablytuna

No, once I saw that her leg was bitten I didn't feel that I should waste a bullet or alert the walkers. Cruel yes, but I had to think about what was at stake.

Did you abandon Lilly?

I didn't abandon her, but I was fucking pissed. And now even more pissed because of that choice.

Did you fight Kenny?

I was gonna talk to him a bit then show him the handkerchief but the game never gave me an option. We ended up fighting afterwards.

Did you shoot Duck?

After what Kenny had just been through I just had to do something for him, so I shot Duck.

Did you help Omid?

No I didn't, it was difficult to move the reticle to either of them and I just panicked and pressed the button on which ever person it was on.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Dark

Am I the only one that loved the touch when you don't actually shoot the girl in the street? I was looting and the whole time going 'my god, her screaming is making me feel REALLY guilty' that was really well done.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#146  Edited By isomeri

I missed my first shot, but eventually nabbed her in the head. I figured that her screams had already alerted all the walkers around us and it wouldn't take long for things to go awry. Also, nobody needs to suffer like that

Did you abandon Lilly?

I started to "understand" Lilly more in the beginning of this episode, but what she did was unforgivable and she couldn't be a part of the group any more. My hands were shaking after what she did. I wish that there would've been a a choice to leave her some supplies though.

Did you fight Kenny?

I talked Kenny down. After everything that went down that day the group couldn't afford another conflict.

Did you shoot Duck?

I suggested Katjaa to go shoot Duck. After she shot herself (WTF was that by the way, she seemed to be one of the only members of the group with some sense in her) I let Kenny shoot Duck.

Did you help Omid?

I helped Omid because he was wounded.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By ashogo

The Woman

No Caption Provided

I shot the woman. It felt too cruel to let her suffer in front of me like that. I did have my doubts afterwards, because it could have cost us some precious supplies.

Confessions

I'm curious about how everyone handled the confessions. I ended up being chicken shit and not telling anyone about Lee's past. I thought about telling Clem, then sort of convinced myself that now wasn't the best time and that I should wrap up this mystery thing first...of course, that ended up being the only time I could have mentioned it.

Lilly

Left her in the dust. One choice I'm 100% sure of. It wasn't just an emotional reaction, though there's no denying I was pissed after she shot the most likable and trustworthy member of our group in cold blood. Fact is, if she's so unstable that she'll murder one of our group without a trace of reason, then she is dangerous as hell and needs to be dropped before she fucking murders someone else. Her story is tragic, and I wish there were some way to be sympathetic to her, but it's clear that her father's death pushed her across a line from which she'll never return. She's beyond help.

Kenny

I talked him down as a friend. Kenny can be very emotional and holds a grudge like a motherfucker, but finally, I've never felt like he's a bad guy. Even as appalled I was about how he murdered Larry in episode 2, in the end he just wants to protect his family. I shot Duck for him as well. Now that he's lost literally everything that drove him forward, I don't know how he will change.

Chats With Clem

No Caption Provided

Some nice quality time with Clementine in the train as I cut her hair, and admitted that I didn't have a damn clue how to be a barber. After training her with a gun, she started talking about killing, and I made sure to tell her that killing is bad, no matter what. Even if it's sometimes necessary, that doesn't make it good.

Then, in the train station, we were nearly jacked by a bunch of zombies. After we cleared them out, Clem said something about learning something, and I managed to turn the mood around a little by telling her that she shouldn't be afraid. We should have lost back there, but we didn't, because we didn't let fear paralyze us. Anyways, it sounded nice, and it felt good to be able to reassure her about something.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#148  Edited By golguin

@ashogo said:

Confessions

I'm curious about how everyone handled the confessions. I ended up being chicken shit and not telling anyone about Lee's past. I thought about telling Clem, then sort of convinced myself that now wasn't the best time and that I should wrap up this mystery thing first...of course, that ended up being the only time I could have mentioned it.

I talked to everyone and everyone seemed positive about my past. Clem wasn't very clear about how she felt when I first told her, but right before the gun training she said she was glad I told her the truth about my past. I made it clear that killing was wrong and it wasn't the same as killing the walkers, but she countered that all my killing had been to protect her and she's happy about that.

What I'm really curious about is if she'll shoot the walker she's trapped with if you don't save her in time or if the new girl comes in to save the day.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AndrewB

@golguin said:

What I'm really curious about is if she'll shoot the walker she's trapped with if you don't save her in time or if the new girl comes in to save the day.

Or are you supposed to give it a moment and force her to act? I totally act on instinct in these situations and help Clem out, but I wonder if that's really the right thing to do when you're trying to teach her to be more self-reliant...

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By 2HeadedNinja
    • I shot the woman, seemed like ther mercyfull thing to do
    • I confessed to everyone that I am a convict
    • I abandoned the hell our of Lilly ... crazy woman
    • I talked Kenny down
    • I shot Duck
    • I didnt help Omid, but I didnt realize that was a choice, just grabbed the first person I saw
    • I promised Clem we would find her parents ... which I kind of regret.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.