Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Let's talk about Episode 3. *SPOILERS*

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#251  Edited By jozzy

@DrSpaceman said:

@tphickma: I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had such a hard time with this. I guess more players here don't have children and have no idea how painful just the thought of losing your child is.

That being said, this is still my GOTY and love that a video game can force these feelings.

I am a father of three. Literally had tears in my eyes, I was so hoping the kid would somehow pull through, but knew it was probably inevitable. I am a sissy...

phrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#252  Edited By phrosen

@zels: Dude, what the fuck. Duck wasn't useless at all. He was eager to help, even when I told him not to. He found the chalk by the RV and the markings by the gate. If it weren't for him, Lee wouldn't have found the stash of pills. Granted - that's where everything fell apart. But when Duck was bitten, I kind of felt like a piece of shit for not high-fiving him. He just wanted to do the right thing. And that's what killed him.

That's also what I tried to do from Episode 1, I've always given people the benefit of a doubt, always tried to find a middle ground, keep everyone happy and safe most of all. But boy, do the writers teach you quick that that's not an option. But as I keep playing, my decision making has changed significantly. In the first episode I never told anyone of my potential crimes, because to me Lee was still a blank slate, I knew nothing about him other than the fact that he was accused of murder. Only piece by piece, through Larry and Carly did I get a rough idea of what Lee was supposed to have done. But I still felt that Lee as I was playing him was capable of murder.

That changed in Episode 2, because fuck Danny St. John, that guy was evil. Killing him actually felt right - satisfying in a way. Though I did leave Andrew and his mother for the zombies to finish off. Then between the time of Episode 2 and just now finishing up Episode 3 I as a player found that not only the story and the character of Lee have been influenced by my decisions, much more did those earlier events change how I think about future decisions. In this episode I have been honest about my past, because hiding it did me no good. Can't wait for the next episode to come around, so my honesty can bite me right in the ass.

Mixwizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#253  Edited By Mixwizzard

@WebScud said:

• Did you shoot the girl in the street?
      I shot her. I also gave the gun to the woman in Episode One. No one deserves to suffer.
    • Did you abandon Lilly?
      I did not. I figured I would be able to deal with her later, but she ends up stealing the damn RV! I hope our paths cross again and not in a Lilly-shows-up-last-minute-to-redeem-herself kind of way. She is a horrible, broken woman and deserves what comes to her. Fingers crossed for her showing up and Kenny shooting her in the middle of her first words.
    • Did you fight Kenny?
      I managed to talk him down. I honestly did not see a conversation point that would lead to a fight. Maybe that's because the only time I didn't side with him was when I stayed silent in Episode One when everyone thought Duck was bitten. I feel like I'm one of the few players on Kenny's side.
    • Did you shoot Duck?
      Yes.
    • Did you help Omid?
      I thought I did help him by pushing him off the bridge, but I guess this means whether or not I grabbed him before Christa? I grabbed her first, just because that's where the cursor was. Then, she we was screaming "You should of helped him!" I realized that I choose the stronger of the two anyway. But he made it on board by himself, busted leg and all.

Ben was not in any of my Episode Four previews. Probably not a good sign. That's the one Gary Whitta is writing, right? He doesn't seem like a character that Gary would leave alive. Omid looks really bad. I have a feeling he's going to die and Christa is going to push Lee in to a bad spot with Clementine.

A crazy guess, but I think the guy on the walkie is either one of the bandits that the crazy woman with the video camera at the end of Episode Two was talking about or the man at the end of Episode One that went to look for his friends. I think the bandit scenario is more likely since they placed the clip of the crazy woman in the "Last Time On..." segment.

Lily becomes a minor character in the comics during the Prison/Woodbury story-arc. She gets whats coming to her, but also kind of redeems herself at the same time. She'll also be the focus of the sequel to the Rise of the Governor novel.

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By webscud

@Mixwizzard said:

@WebScud said:

• Did you shoot the girl in the street?
      I shot her. I also gave the gun to the woman in Episode One. No one deserves to suffer.
    • Did you abandon Lilly?
      I did not. I figured I would be able to deal with her later, but she ends up stealing the damn RV! I hope our paths cross again and not in a Lilly-shows-up-last-minute-to-redeem-herself kind of way. She is a horrible, broken woman and deserves what comes to her. Fingers crossed for her showing up and Kenny shooting her in the middle of her first words.
    • Did you fight Kenny?
      I managed to talk him down. I honestly did not see a conversation point that would lead to a fight. Maybe that's because the only time I didn't side with him was when I stayed silent in Episode One when everyone thought Duck was bitten. I feel like I'm one of the few players on Kenny's side.
    • Did you shoot Duck?
      Yes.
    • Did you help Omid?
      I thought I did help him by pushing him off the bridge, but I guess this means whether or not I grabbed him before Christa? I grabbed her first, just because that's where the cursor was. Then, she we was screaming "You should of helped him!" I realized that I choose the stronger of the two anyway. But he made it on board by himself, busted leg and all.

Ben was not in any of my Episode Four previews. Probably not a good sign. That's the one Gary Whitta is writing, right? He doesn't seem like a character that Gary would leave alive. Omid looks really bad. I have a feeling he's going to die and Christa is going to push Lee in to a bad spot with Clementine.

A crazy guess, but I think the guy on the walkie is either one of the bandits that the crazy woman with the video camera at the end of Episode Two was talking about or the man at the end of Episode One that went to look for his friends. I think the bandit scenario is more likely since they placed the clip of the crazy woman in the "Last Time On..." segment.

Lily becomes a minor character in the comics during the Prison/Woodbury story-arc. She gets whats coming to her, but also kind of redeems herself at the same time. She'll also be the focus of the sequel to the Rise of the Governor novel.

Since I posted, I actually read issues #1-101. Insane book! I can't believe I blew off this franchise because I wasn't a fan of zombies. I'm still having a hard time getting in to the TV show though.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#255  Edited By MildMolasses

I think the person I'm most angry with in this episode is Kat. I think she took the cowards way out. If she didn't want to live any more she should have at least had the decency to shoot Kenny first so he would never have to suffer the loss of both his wife and child, and the Duck because he wouldn't have known what was going on, and then herself. But to leave her husband completely alone to deal with the tragedies is just heartless

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#256  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@MildMolasses said:

I think the person I'm most angry with in this episode is Kat. I think she took the cowards way out. If she didn't want to live any more she should have at least had the decency to shoot Kenny first so he would never have to suffer the loss of both his wife and child, and the Duck because he wouldn't have known what was going on, and then herself. But to leave her husband completely alone to deal with the tragedies is just heartless

I'm... I'm pretty sure Kenny doesn't want to die and Katjaa recognized that. The only thing keeping her alive and sane was her son and losing him meant she absolutely had no reason to live anymore (especially in my game where Lee told her that Kenny killed Larry). Plus, it'd be straight up murder without any reason and I don't think Kat's too into that.

If the burden of living was too much for Kenny, he'd off himself just like she did.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#257  Edited By JasonR86

Good Lord. Everything went so bad so fast. Here are the decision I made but after I want to ask you all a question.

Shoot the girl: No. She was going to die anyway. In the end, in that universe, does it really matter how you die? You simply die. May as well help out others in the process.

Abandon Lilly: Yes. All I wanted to do in that situation was to wait to hold off on judgement until the situation cooled down and we could all think clearly. I wanted to deal with the mole but I wanted to be safe first. Lilly made that impossible and in my attempt to deal with the situation she flipped out and killed Carly (one of my favorite characters). She was unstable and a threat to everyone. So I left her.

Fight Kenny: I did. But I didn't know this was a choice. This situation got out of hand really quick.

Shoot Duck: Yes. I didn't think Kenny would be able to do it and I didn't feel he shouldn't have to considering his wife had just committed suicide.

Help Omid: Yes. I thought I had to decide whether to save him or the woman. I decided on him because it was made clear that the woman was more then capable to handle things herself and Omid had a hurt leg and clearly couldn't make the train on his own.

So I told everyone in the group besides Duck that I was a convicted felon including Katjaa. Later Katjaa killed herself. Was her death going to happen no matter what or did my speaking to her impact that end?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#258  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@JasonR86 said:

So I told everyone in the group besides Duck that I was a convicted felon including Katjaa. Later Katjaa killed herself. Was her death going to happen no matter what or did my speaking to her impact that end?

Wasn't she happy that you admitted it to her? Katjaa kills herself no matter what, but in my game, she was glad Lee was being honest with her and was only devastated after she learned that Kenny killed Larry.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By JasonR86

@FluxWaveZ said:

@JasonR86 said:

Wasn't she happy that you admitted it to her? Katjaa kills herself no matter what, but in my game, she was glad Lee was being honest with her and was only devastated after she learned that Kenny killed Larry.

She was sort of nothing regarding me telling her. I don't remember what the game told me about her response but I got the impression she didn't particularly care one way or the other about what I had done. She was also really upset about Kenny. I was just curious whether her death was a foregone conclusion or if I had fucked something up.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By JasonR86

@Sackmanjones said:

Didn't abandon Lilly. I was pissed as hell but I wanted to punish her in a different way. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Wait what was the "other" way?

Avatar image for pinstripehourglass
    PinstripeHourglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some really great moments before the train, but everything after that felt long-winded and out of place. And damn, this episode felt like it was just dedicated to undoing any effects of the decisions you made in the first two games. Even with regard to how people react to you - so many people die anyway, it doesn't matter. The only person I've felt like I had any impact on what he thought of me is Kenny, and man, fuck Kenny.

The "Carley will rememember you said that" trick was brilliant though.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By ExplodeMode

Carley getting shot felt so dark that it made episode 2s flavor of dark feel over the top and almost cheesy. I was just starting to feel like I understood Lilly and all of the sudden she starts loosing it and in a second of crazy, becomes a total stranger again. I didn't leave her though. I don't know how that turns out. I'm just at the train. (Haven't read past that)

And yeah, Kenny really turned into a shit. He can't empathize with anyone. He's completely selfish. Everyone tries to see it from his perspective and respect his situation but he rarely gives anyone else the same respect.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By NickL

So you don't see Lilly die no matter what you choose to do with her.

Right, you are totally never going to see her again.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#264  Edited By ToxicFruit

Did you shoot the girl in the street?

No i did not, She was going to die anyway.

Did you abandon Lilly?

No. She then asked if i wanted to come with here while i was in the RV but i said no so she pushed me out.

Did you fight Kenny?

I think i did, but i just let him hit me until he stopped.

Did you shoot Duck?

Yes. But now i feel like i should have let Kenny do it, That was not a job for an non family member

Did you help Omid?

Yes. But i was not really thinking about it.

pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By pacperson

@NickL: Maybe we will....maybe...but she does have a role to play in the comics so...I'll just say that you don't really know what happens to her in the comics after a point. so maybe in season 2 we could see her again.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#266  Edited By tallTuck94

It finally came out in the UK today and I blew threw it, easily the best yet but it was a lot less bombastic as chapter 2 which I was ok with. It had more "action" but I felt those were the worst bits but the controls were very forgiving and

Yeah although it took me awhile to choose. I was never not going to shoot but for some reason, even though I know a bite is a death sentence, I almost tried taking out some of the zombies chasing her instead.

In the end though I killed her, no use letting her suffer and I still got out with a lot of supplies. At this point I almost lost it with Kenny, he's simply not the same dude who had my back in chapter 1.

Did you abandon Lilly?

Yes, that bitch fucking killed Carley who was the only person other then Clem that I trusted and she was always innocent in my mind. If I had the option I would have blown Lilly's brains out right there. Actually I would have shot her kneecaps and left her to walkers, but that might have caused some issues...

Did you fight Kenny?

No I talked him down. Me and Kenny have our differences and some decisions he's made almost made me hate him, right now i'm now sure what to think but more conflict wasn't the answer.

Did you shoot Duck?

Yeah I shot Duck, no man should have to kill his own son, especially after Katjaa killed herself. The fact she took the easy way out made me so bloody angry.

Did you help Omid?

Yeah I saved him because he was injured. I figured that Christa would be able to keep up for a couple of seconds for me to then help her. He didn't have to be a complete dick about it and I was kind of angry the game didn't give me chance to explain.

Overall I thought this episode was the best yet. It had the lowest lows and the highest highs, it was also a lot funnier then the previous two yet also darker and more grim. Only real problem is that for the first time in the series in a couple of conversations I felt it didn't give me the chance to fully explain my actions to other characters or it did the Mass Effect thing of having what I said mean something completely different.

I'm confident that Whitta will do a great job with Chapter 4, I only wish that Sony/Telltale will give the EU a bloody break and not release it two weeks late again. It was incredibly hard to go two weeks with out spoiling anything for myself, especially with the reaction it was getting.

iGooner7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By iGooner7

@Milkman said:

I Shot her. I was confused everything happened quick!

Did you abandon Lilly?

HELL YES I DID! She's annoying!

Did you fight Kenny?

Yes.

Did you shoot Duck?

I shoot him. Cause I didnt want Kenny to shoot his own kid.

Did you help Omid?

Yes i saved him!

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Sploder

I shot the woman, I felt bad for her and I also wanted to spite Kenny even if it did mean putting us in danger. I was hoping to see zombie Doug as well.

I didn't abandon Lily, I was totally shocked when she killed Carley but I wanted to see what would have happened if you dragged her along. Turns out she fucks you over. And can you let her shoot Ben? Because fuck that guy, I defended him and Carley died.

I talked him down. Didn't even realise you could fight him.

I didn't shoot Duck, I figured Kenny would just use it as ammo against me and it's not my kid anyway.

And no I helped the woman but I didn't realise there was a choice, the cursor appeared over her. I figure it's the better choice anyway since she's more fit and able.

I really liked the part where you have to teach Clem how to fight and stuff, that was nice. And when you both go into the train station. Also where the fuck did that giant horde of zombies come from? Were they just following the train noise?

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By LikeaSsur

@Sploder said:

Also where the fuck did that giant horde of zombies come from? Were they just following the train noise?

That's what I assume. Everyone knows that zombies love noises! Still, though, this makes me think...even though the train could get past the truck and everyone escaped, that horde of zombies is still moving in that direction. Will it eventually catch up to them again?

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#270  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I pulled the trigger on her, nobody deserves to die like the way she potentially could have. Sure, it left me and Kenny with less time, but compassion and respect for fellow man seems to always win out for me in these situations.

Did you abandon Lilly?

Hell fucking yeah, I did! That bitch shot the one person in the group that I could actually trust. Granted, this decision goes against what I would normally do, but do I have to repeat myself? SHE SHOT FUCKING CARLEY! The first moment in this series where I had to pause the game and try to reconcile myself back to a state where I could actually move. Dare I say it, possibly one of the most emotional scenes in videogame history. Never saw it coming, and it literally nearly brought me to tears.

Did you fight Kenny?

I wasn't aware you could fight him? I just talked him into stopping the train. My opinion on Kenny seems to sway every episode, but I guess I felt sorry for him here. Sure, he's made some bad mistakes, but when it comes down to it... he really does do everything he can to keep his family safe. And, I can kinda respect that. Kenny and I have had our differences, but when it comes down to it, he's kept me along for the ride.

Did you shoot Duck?

I did. I've never been the biggest fan of the boy, but don't take that as my reasoning for making this choice. I really wasn't sure what to do in this situation, but after finding Kat, I couldn't let Kenny be the one to shoot his own child. I felt like this was the bravest, and most compassionate decision Lee has ever had to make.

Did you help Omid?

Yes, and for two good reasons. Firstly, I pushed him off the bridge, as I felt like he wasn't gonna jump otherwise. So feeling responsible for his injury, I felt like it was the right thing for me to do. Secondly, the girl looked a lot fitter than him, with or without the injury. I figured she would make it onto the train no matter what, and hey, I was right!

All in all, this was one hell of a ride. Definitely the best episode of the series thus far, and most certainly the toughest to go through. I felt like I had been seriously violated come the end of this episode, and really think that Mr. Whitta has one heck of a task on his hands to try and top that!

If Telltale keep this up, there is no doubt in my mind that this will be my game of the year.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Sploder
    @LikeaSsur said:

@Sploder said:

Also where the fuck did that giant horde of zombies come from? Were they just following the train noise?

That's what I assume. Everyone knows that zombies love noises! Still, though, this makes me think...even though the train could get past the truck and everyone escaped, that horde of zombies is still moving in that direction. Will it eventually catch up to them again?

I was wondering that too. I think it would be interesting if they do catch up, but I think they'd save something that crazy for Episode 5. Like Savannah turns out to be a relatively stable place but they fuck it all up by leading all the Macon zombies there by accident.
    Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Random88

Yes - Seemed like the Obvious choice to make in the situation

Did you abandon Lilly?

No - Although in Hindsight I probably should have.

Did you fight Kenny?

Yes - Was trying not to at first but one of the choices I made angered Kenny and the fight started

Did you shoot Duck?

Yes - Just because Kenny was taking too long to make up his mind about it.

Did you help Omid?

Yes - His leg was injured from the fall so thought I'd help him first

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By Terramagi

It's a herd. It just... happens with walkers. They're drawn by noise, so when they hit critical mass they keep each other drawn to themselves until they hear something else, and then follow it together.

CottonWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By CottonWolf

This episode was great. I think partially because I'm playing Lee as a character and trying to think what my Lee would do in a situation rather than what I would do. He's pragmatic, but tends to do things he regrets in the heat of the moment when he's angry (and the game absolutely lets you play like that).

The woman:

She was already dead, shooting her would have been a stupid move. Plus, more time to get supplies!

Lilly:

She kills Carley in cold blood, Lee sees red and just leaves her there.

Fight Kenny:

Nope, Kenny's been a bit of dick at times, but his son's dying, just talk him down.

Kill Duck:

First Lee sends Katja to do it, she kills herself, then Lee lets Kenny do it, being as supporting as possible. He didn't think he had any right to kill their son, and Kenny needed the closure.

Omid:

Lee saves Omid, especially as he feels a tad bad for busting his leg by pushing him off the bridge to start with.

HulkHanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By HulkHanson

Good episode, but the 2nd still has my top spot for sheer tension and "FUCKFUCKFUCK" moments.

The woman:

Shot her. Dumb move, and I kinda regretted it the second I made the decision, but I guess I'm just too much a humane bastard. I also got the feeling she might come back later as a zombie and cause trouble, though that never happened.

Lilly:

Took her with us after she killed Carley (I'm too much of a nice guy, dammit!), and after when trying to talk to her, kicked me out of the RV and sped off. Dick move.

Kenny:

Talked him down. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Duck:

Killed him myself. Was quite annoyed at Kat killing herself like that, and although Kenny has been selfish and not at all likeable at times, no way could I let him do it after all of that horseshit.

Omid:

Saved Omid first, he was injured so seemed logical. His response was a bit douchey though, and yeah, wish the game could have let you explain it.

Can't wait for the next episode! When EU PSN gets it, around Christmas! :P

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By The_Ruiner

THEY KILLED MY CARLY!!!!!!

- I abandoned Lily

- Did not fight Kenny, but I made him feel like shit. I had lost so much at that point I was afraid fighting him would crash the train or Duck would turn while we were busy fighting or something. I really wanted to fuck him up though...

- I shot Duck. Kenny had been through enough that day.

- I grabbed for Omid but missed and saved his wife instead

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By mrfluke

yep, as soon as i saw that she was bitten in the ankle, she was already a goner and i needed the distraction to get the supplies for the group

Did you abandon Lilly?

yes fuck her shes a fucking lunatic, i never want to see that character again, I didnt even have to think about that decision,she fucking goes and kills carley out of just malice, and carley seemed like the only one you could have fully trusted (aside from clem), fucking lunatic hoped the walkers get her.........

Did you fight Kenny?

Nope, was able to talk him down, we had our disagreements, but kenny is still a solid dude.

Did you shoot Duck?

Man that whole thing is one of the most heartbreaking things ive seen in a game in a while, in my opinion, no parent should have to end their child that way, so i took the burden off the guy.i knew it was coming, but regardless they did an excellent job building it up.

Did you help Omid?

yea kinda disappointed that this was a big choice as this one really didnt seem like a biggie, dude was crippled and the chick seemed like she could have made it.

telltale is 3 for 3, so far this game is easily my biggest surprise of the year, and this is pretty much the frontrunner to win best story for this year, they just have to nail the last 2 episodes which seems very crucial for this season to resonate. but if they do nail it, this will be a heavy contender for GOTY. and i consider it one of the best and most mature stories this generation.

iGooner7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By iGooner7

@mrfluke said:

telltale is 3 for 3, so far this game is easily my biggest surprise of the year, and this is pretty much the frontrunner to win best story for this year, they just have to nail the last 2 episodes which seems very crucial for this season to resonate. but if they do nail it, this will be a heavy contender for GOTY. and i consider it one of the best and most mature stories this generation.

Indeed! not to forget to mention that the game is based on the comic! Still brilliant!

With each episode you want more and more! Sometimes I regret starting it and say to myself that i should have waited till all episodes are available

I hate waiting! especially when it comes to something epic like this game!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#279  Edited By nightriff

Episode 3 to me was ok, it thought it was more of a set up episode for 4 and 5 more than its own contained story. When I hear people enjoyed it more than 2 I think they are crazy but to each their own. Anyone else feel similar to how I did?

I enjoyed it as much as if not more than episode 1 but still, how they killed carly in my eyes was stupid. And how I feel that Kenny is just meant to be the second most important character is disappointing, even though we hate each other we still end up stuck together.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Coafi

I am sorta disappointed on how different Carley and Doug are as optional characters. Doug seems more like a background character, once he died I flinched a lil because I wasn't sure of what had happened. I went back and replayed the whole episode, and the episode changes dramatically, Carley has more presence as a character, she helps out, she gives out an opinion and even calls out Lilly on her bullshit. When she died my mouth dropped, I was in shock and in my second round I left Lilly behind because this time she deserved it. It seems Telltale gave more attention to Carley and didn't really think Doug through, which is a shame because Doug was the first one I saved.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#281  Edited By FilipHolm

I pretty much made the same choices as the origingal poster. This episode was probably my favorite so far. Alot of emmotion and, like previous poster stated, jaw-dropping outcomes.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#282  Edited By asmo917

Finally got around to playing this, and HOLY SHIT. In summary: Didn't shoot the girl, left Lilly, talked Kenny down, shot Duck, helped Omid. I feel like I've been consistent - try to balance protecting Clementine, looking out for myself, and being helpful. The girl was a no brainer, and I was PISSED as hell at Lilly. I've tried to stay on Kenny's good side, because even for his blind spot for Duck, he seems relatively useful and like a good ally. Shooting Duck or making Kenny do it was the hardest choice; I didn't think Kenny should have to do it but I was afraid he'd hold it against me if I did it myself. Decided to do it myself anyway since if he's going to blame me, he's going to blame me. Omid was another easy choice since he was hurt and his girlfriend was kind of a bitch to me. After the experience with Lilly, I'm not putting up with anyone giving me shit (if I have an actual choice).

Katja was the thing that surprised me the most. Maybe it shouldn't have, but she was the reasonable, logical one right up to that point. Her and Carley's murder fucking gutted me.

Can't wait to see what kind of terribly sadistic things Whitta's cooked up for episode 4!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#283  Edited By Hailinel

@Asmo917 said:

Finally got around to playing this, and HOLY SHIT. In summary: Didn't shoot the girl, left Lilly, talked Kenny down, shot Duck, helped Omid. I feel like I've been consistent - try to balance protecting Clementine, looking out for myself, and being helpful. The girl was a no brainer, and I was PISSED as hell at Lilly. I've tried to stay on Kenny's good side, because even for his blind spot for Duck, he seems relatively useful and like a good ally. Shooting Duck or making Kenny do it was the hardest choice; I didn't think Kenny should have to do it but I was afraid he'd hold it against me if I did it myself. Decided to do it myself anyway since if he's going to blame me, he's going to blame me. Omid was another easy choice since he was hurt and his girlfriend was kind of a bitch to me. After the experience with Lilly, I'm not putting up with anyone giving me shit (if I have an actual choice).

Katja was the thing that surprised me the most. Maybe it shouldn't have, but she was the reasonable, logical one right up to that point. Her and Carley's murder fucking gutted me.

Can't wait to see what kind of terribly sadistic things Whitta's cooked up for episode 4!

It'll be revealed that Lee is blind and Clementine's existence is an allegory for the Bible.

No, I didn't like Book of Eli.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By rollingzeppelin

All I have to say is poor Katjaa :'(

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#285  Edited By asmo917

@Hailinel: Haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but will someday. I first learned who Whitta was on the 2010 (2011?) E3 GB podcasts and have kind of followed him since then. More interested in his take on technology and gaming than his screenwriting work.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

How can any of you hate Kenny, he helped you at the start I have sided with him over everything. He was right about the farm people being suspicious, he made the right call over Lillys Dad (I think?), he saved your life in episode 1 after Lillys asshole dad knocked you out with the zombies approaching, and I let him hit me because had a real hard choice. This episode was the most amazing 3 hours of gaming I have had in a long, long time. The writing was so good, the voice acting and the decisions oh my god. First time I have got watery eyed in a game but that was probably because I had friended Kenny. Really want to get into episode 4 now but its 5am...

I decided to turn off the indicators that told you how they felt about your decisions and it made the game a whole lot better because of it, instead of stuff like "Kenny will remember that" popping up which you knew straight away it would come back again, I think not knowing how much your actions affect everything made it so much more immersive.

DeiJaViXon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot The Girl:

Let her live, although her scream was annoying. Would buy more time for getting supplies.

Abandonned Lilly:

I played EP 3 twice, one where I didn't abandon her, and again where I left her bitchy ass behind.

Fight Kenny:

Of Course not! Just calmed him down.

Shot Duck When About To Turn?

I let Kenny shoot him. I knew Katjaa would've killed herself.

Helped Omid?

Injured before the Healthy. So yes.

tennisbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By tennisbear

Shoot the girl: Nope. I didn't want to risk attracting the walkers. I felt bad for the girl though.

Abandon Lilly: Hell yea I abandoned her. She shot Carly! I loved Carly. I am glad I left her behind.

Fight Kenny: Nope. I felt bad for him and I felt that I didn't need to fight him. He just needed someone that would talk to him.

Shoot Duck: Yup. Kenny has been through so much, he didn't need to shoot his kid.

Help Omid or Christa: I helped Omid.

hungryjas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By hungryjas
    hungryjas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I dont know why but i just felt we needed her to buy us some time and i do regret it a bit.

Did you abandon Lilly?

No. Most people probably wont agree but i suddenly started liking Lilly after episode 1 and i felt she didn't deserve to be left behind even though i liked Carley / Doug Lilly did it because she thought she was doing whats best for the group so i forgave her.I also forgive her for stealing the RV because she obviously did it because she thought we were going to kill her

Did you fight Kenny?

No i calmed him down because i really liked Kenny from the beginning and i could understand he was upset and did not deserve for that to happen.

Did you shoot Duck?

I let Kenny shoot Duck. I didn't want to get involved in something that really had nothing to do with me and I certainly didn't want Kenny to use the fact that I killed his son against me. I saw Kat killing herself coming from a mile away but man...that was rough.

(I know this is the same thing milkman wrote but i agreed with everything so i decided to use it)

Did you help Omid?

Yes he was injured,he had no chance without help while Christa could get on easily.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.