Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Question about something "that guy" said in episode 5...

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By alexpiercey

..."That guy" being The Stranger of course. When the conversation starts getting really heated and he is shouting all the bad things that Lee has done, one of his points is something like "You left a poor grieving woman...". I don't remember the quote perfectly but do you guys know what he was talking about? I kind of thought he meant the woman at the start of episode 3 who is being attacked in Macon by walkers, but he would've had no way of knowing about that.

Can someone fill me in?

EDIT: I didn't leave Lily. I let her back in, and she drove off with the RV afterwords. Maybe I'm remembering the quote wrong?

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By twigger89

The chick you left after she killed your friend outside the trailer (I forget her name, but kenny bashed her father's head in the episode prior to leaving her).

durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By durog

I thought he was talking about Lily.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Garfield518

He's talking about Lilly.

deano546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By deano546

I think he was talking about Lily.

EDIT: Well beaten.

durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By durog

It's kind of weird though because if he was talking about Lily he must have seen what she did on the side of the road, and in the other option she bails, so...he has gone of the deep end so he could just be seeing what he wants to see.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By cornbredx

He never mentioned Lilly on mine. He must only say that if you leave her on the side of the road. 
    Interesting.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

It makes sense now. I seriously thought he was talking about the girl in the motel in episode 1.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Animasta

I thought he was talking about the girl you either did or did not mercy kill in episode 3.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ghostiet

Definitely Lilly. I mercy killed the one in Macon. He sees it like that because he either got this info from Clem or from following the group. That's why to me that part was very strong, but ultimately rang hollow - literally every situation portrays Lee as a monster if you remove it from context.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By colourful_hippie

Fuck Lilly, she may have been grieving but that didn't give her the right to drop Carley.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By duskvamp

I was going to make a thread asking about pretty much the same thing. I wondered how he knew who it was that looted his car? I know he spoke to Clementine on his walky-talky, but he mentions that as soon as he picked up her signal he knew it was his chance to get revenge. How did he know that she was with the people that looted his car? And how did he know what they looked like? For example Kenny's wife.

Also, how did he get to Savannah before them? They were on a train.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kerned

Leaving Lily behind might have been the easiest choice for me in the entire game.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By fisher81

So, I took Lily with me even after she killed Carly. Does she still come back and steal the RV if you leave her?

Also, how in the hell does the game play out if you DIDNT take the supplies from the station wagon?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By wrighteous86
    @fisher81 The exact same except Clem likes you a little more and is cold without a hoodie from the wagon.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Sooperspy

@fisher81 said:

So, I took Lily with me even after she killed Carly. Does she still come back and steal the RV if you leave her?

Also, how in the hell does the game play out if you DIDNT take the supplies from the station wagon?

When you choose to not take the supplies, the rest of the group still takes them. Lee and Clem don't use the supplies. For example, if you choose to be on Clem's side and not take them, Clem doesn't end up wearing the Brooklyn hoodie that was with the supplies. So either way, the supplies are stolen, with or without your agreement to doing so.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@fisher81 said:

He mentions that he wasn't mad at Lee at first until hearing about the shit they all got into through Clementine leading him to believe that Lee is a horrible person.

@DuskVamp said:

The plan was to get to Savannah before they got to the train because that's where Clem's parents were and Kenny wanted a boat, Lily was holding them all back. There were plenty of times that Clementine was alone or at least out of Lee's sight. The guy still had a working car. They needed time to get the train working and then they ran into trouble when the tracks were blocked by the bridge.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pyrodactyl

replace grieving woman by crazy unstable murderous psychopathic bitch and you will get it...

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#19  Edited By donutfever
    @DuskVamp said:

I was going to make a thread asking about pretty much the same thing. I wondered how he knew who it was that looted his car? I know he spoke to Clementine on his walky-talky, but he mentions that as soon as he picked up her signal he knew it was his chance to get revenge. How did he know that she was with the people that looted his car? And how did he know what they looked like? For example Kenny's wife.

You see his car outside the Marsh House. 

As for the first part, maybe he just heard Clem on the radio, started talking back, and found out? I dunno.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ghostiet

@fisher81 said:

He's still angry, but on the group and calls you out on not intervening.

It fits anyway, since the thematic role of the Stranger is to make you think on your actions and decide whether you regret them or stand by them. It either makes you the morally superior person or an asshole from the get-go.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By duskvamp

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@fisher81 said:

He mentions that he wasn't mad at Lee at first until hearing about the shit they all got into through Clementine leading him to believe that Lee is a horrible person.

@DuskVamp said:

The plan was to get to Savannah before they got to the train because that's where Clem's parents were and Kenny wanted a boat, Lily was holding them all back. There were plenty of times that Clementine was alone or at least out of Lee's sight. The guy still had a working car. They needed time to get the train working and then they ran into trouble when the tracks were blocked by the bridge.

Yeah, I guess it depends on how long they were at the motor inn for and how far away Savannah was, he must have managed to find plenty of fuel along the way and not get into any trouble like they did. I understand that she had plenty of times to talk to him, but the way he said it, from what I remember anyway, was as if he knew about them before he even picked her up on his radio.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By M_Shini

Only part where the game story feels kinda sketchy is that guy knowing all these things, it's probably possible for him to been following the group that well and finding all this out but it is the one part of the season that felt a bit strung together.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Ghostiet said:

@fisher81 said:

He's still angry, but on the group and calls you out on not intervening.

It fits anyway, since the thematic role of the Stranger is to make you think on your actions and decide whether you regret them or stand by them. It either makes you the morally superior person or an asshole from the get-go.

This is what bugs me about episode 5, this guy shows up like the kid at the end of ME3, It makes sense if you stole his stuff but there should of been a different turn of events in late episode 4 and 5 if you left the stuff, would of had more of an impact knowing that little decision in episode 2 made such a impact in episode 5, but as it stands there really isn't any difference if I play the game though again. Hope they learn from these mistakes in the next season because it was a great story overall, just wished episode 5 had more branching paths because it was only about the 3rd in length compared to the other episodes, got a feeling they kind of rushed it out so they could be nominated for game of the year awards. But don't get me wrong loved the game it was such so so close to being something special.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By golguin

@DuskVamp said:

He realized it was your group that looted his car from listening on the radio and talking with Clem. I've seen the scene maybe 7 different times from different playthroughs and I only remember him mentioning revenge on the group (if you don't take the supplies) or Lee (if you took the supplies) upon learning the information. I don't know about "as soon as he picked up the signal he knew". He knew his intentions once he learned enough about the group. Remember that he saw the group when they reached Savannah (dark figure running around) so his comment of "That guy with the hat" would have been confirmed through his talks with Clem. The only time he mentions Katjaa is when he calls her a "stupid fucking wife". I haven't seen him specifically talk about her appearance, but maybe different choices gets him to say something I haven't heard.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By alexpiercey

@golguin: I thought the dark figure was Molly?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By golguin

@Sgtpierceface said:

You can clearly see it was a thin man when Lee is burying the zombie kid.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By alexpiercey
    @golguin

@Sgtpierceface said:

You can clearly see it was a thin man when Lee is burying the zombie kid.

Of course. I forgot about that moment.
    Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ramone

@DuskVamp said:

A decent amount of time passes between ep. 2 and 3 giving him plenty of time to get there.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ravenlight

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Fuck Lilly, she may have been grieving but that didn't give her the right to drop Carley.

Fuck Carley. I left that bitch Lily after she shot Doug!

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By droop

Pay no attention to the man who will summarise everything you've done.

Also he hates you, is crazy and stalks you everywhere.

Even though you told the group not the take the supplies. Which they did anyway. Choices huh.. So meaningful.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sirdesmond

I don't never if I've ever wanted to kill a video game character more than Lilly after what she did to Carley. I was so upset there wasn't a "shoot in the face" option.

Even worse, I didn't take the time to talk to Carley when she wanted to back at the Motor Inn and regretted not getting one last conversation with her.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.