Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Favorite Bugs?

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'm loving this game a lot. The Red Dead comparison is pretty apt, jenk and all, so what are the best bugs you've seen?

Here's my favorite:There's the mission in Novigrad where Triss and I have to clear a basement of rats. During the cutscene setting up the mission, Triss takes off a hood. When she did, she had no face. It wasn't even Unity-style with eyes and the mouth, there was her hair and literally nothing in it. She then proceeded to slide along the ground in an NBA Elite style T-pose once the cutscene was over. I wish I had gotten screenshots.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

The only real bug I've hit so far is in the quest for Wild at Heart. Details in spoilers

When i got to the werewolf I new I wasn't high enough level or had the item to fight him so i ran away thinking it would re-trigger the even next time i showed up. Nope, now he's there just ready to fight and already has re-generating health that comes back super quick. About 1 ever 4 fights it seems like the bug doesn't happen and then I just die. So I figured I'll come back after I'm higher level and just wipe him out. But ya, fun times :) Love the game tho

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By gaminghooligan

Best one I've had is during a fight with some horse riding bandits I threw a samum bomb and forced all four horses to throw their riders. The horses proceeded to circle around me and the entire fight happened in the eye of a horse cyclone.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I walked through a bandit camp I had just cleared and all the coprses flew in to the air one after the other, like whales breaching. It was truly majestic.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I stepped off my horse next to a puddle of water. The game interpreted this as me diving into the ocean so I began to levitate above ground, only able to move with the swimming animations. I air-swam to the closest Drowners who then beat the shit out of me because I couldn't do a damn thing.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Three horses for the price of one! :D

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bugs Bunny is my favourite Bugs.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine is Geralt going into a slow mo excution on an enemy and occasionally the victim flies 15 feet into the air.

babblerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My bugs have been mostly frustrating, but I do like that the horse just kinda goes wherever the hell when Im running fast like did you see a squirrel or something you took a hard 90 degree turn off course

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Evilsbane

Mine is Geralt going into a slow mo excution on an enemy and occasionally the victim flies 15 feet into the air.

15 feet? I have literally had him do the spinning decapitation finisher and launch them like a super bowl field goal kick.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babblerock: Roach is probably where I see 90% of the bugs.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm experiencing an awesome one that is saving on crafting materials. All of my oils have infinite uses. :D

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During a cutscene, a guard gave me information and then moonwalked away.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ivdamke

@rubberbabybuggybumpers: That's not a bug, it's intentional to escape the tedium and encourage people to use them more.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My not favorite is 1.5 introduced a bug in the A Deadly Plot quest where the first NPC has her dialogue and then says "Follow me" and never moves and the quest can't be done.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I couldn't take a screen shot of either of them (because running the game through steam is broken), but I have two bugs that I thought were funny.

One bug happened at 330am in game time. The sun was rising. At 330am. Bizarre.

Another was during the horse races outside Crow's Perch. The second two races were easy because in both cases the other rider spawned on their horse on the grass next to the road facing the wrong way so they always had to take an extra several seconds just to correct their positioning on the correct track. Needless to say this made it simple to beat them because they could not catch up after that mistake.

Avatar image for deactivated-63590ea485d4d
    deactivated-63590ea485d4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ehbunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't had too many bugs, though I did notice after patch 1.03 on ps4, the game started doing this thing where it does a fade in cutscenes like it's going between two scenes except it's not.

I did have a couple bugs I found funny the other day. One, I was doing a witcher contract that was inside a cave and after I killed the beast it put the loot from it way outside the cave on the mountainside, scared me for a second as I thought it might me underneath the ground where I couldn't get it. The other one was during a sword fight I was trying to just counter and then all of a sudden a witch hunter down the street pulls his sword and the guy I'm fighting turns to face him, they just look at each other from 30-40 ft apart for a good 10 seconds and eventually they end up fighting and I just watched them sword fight for a minute

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I just tend to laugh whenever an NPC floats in the air during a dead serious conversation.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Levius

So I went to fistfight the guy at the Inn at the Crossroads. Unfortunately, he was already dead from the time a drowner had glitched into the Inn last time I was there. So I had the whole opening spiel from the bookie about the fight, then the game faded in to my opponent lying dead on the floor, and immediately fade out. Now there's just a dead guy hanging out on the floor on the pub. In the same village I swear I saw a dog and cat spring back to life, as I walked by after said drowner attack.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a NPC that studied at the Ministry of Silly Walks (imaging one leg working as expected and the other only stopping half way down whilest carrying a box). I forgot to get video though. Bumped him and made him stand correctly, then back to silly walk.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had that same bug you mentioned with Triss. Turns out her head isn't disappearing. It's just being moved elsewhere. I saw it floating sideways off in another spot in the room, and it moves with her body still. The face still fully animates as well, so its basically her decapitated head floating around talking to you while her body floats around like a T lol.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horse appearing inside the whorehouse. I wish I could have made that one up.

Jawshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Most of the bugs I've encountered haven't been the "haha, funny" kind and are more of the "I'm gonna snap this fucking controller in half" kind. They seem to be getting worse the more I play too.

Spectrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Spectrea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M63F_cPAX7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CiFNQO_igw

Flux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Flux

Managed to shoot myself through the earth when trying to interact with Roach, while he was doing that weird "hey look at me i'm diagonal" thing when you go down a hill weird.

Acaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sky chair.

No Caption Provided

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The woman Lana with Tomira the herbalist in the starting area. Sometimes she just gets up randomly, casually walks back into the hut and lays down on the bed again in agony

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Roach

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I came back after a 3 week hiatus and I must say this is still a fantastic game; however I did have this happen earlier today; pretty amusing:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.