Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

a few questions about The Witcher...

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I just played the demo, haven't completed it since its a bit late...

but I did have a few questions...

1) Does the game have more things to collect, sell, and use then in the demo. Unfortunately I found the demo to have quite barren rooms in terms of things to collect. I do understand it might just be a part of the demo. (Fallout 3 has spoiled me in terms of collecting mountains of things XD)

2)Is there alot of freedom in the game, to just travel and explore about? When I played the demo it felt a bit more oriented for a linear path, not a bad thing, but just hoping that I can goof off and travel about.

things I loved about the demo

1) love the simple fighting mechanics, who would have thought a simple click of the mouse fighting and magic could be so satisfying^^

2)the story universe seems to be really interesting so far

3)Great art style

4)love the day time atmosphere, night time tends to creep me out abit XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no one knows? =/

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

The game exists in chapters. In some chapters you are left to figure out what to do. Sometimes you just wander, but you can collect flowers, make potions and sell them. If you collect too much stuff, you'll have to store your items. It's not a homebody game, you move on to the next chapter. There is a lot of openness to how and when you do quests within each chapter, but you are bound in the lands of that given chapter. The game's story becomes more unique the further you play, the main characters are well drawn out. You should get it. It took me 80 hours to complete and was well worth the time. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Claude:

Hmm I am debating if I should get The Witcher or Oblivion, because I loved the looting and fast travel of fallout 3. I'm wondering if I liked fallout that much if I'll like Oblivion as well
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Claude
    @Jman522 said:
    " @Claude: Hmm I am debating if I should get The Witcher or Oblivion, because I loved the looting and fast travel of fallout 3. I'm wondering if I liked fallout that much if I'll like Oblivion as well "
    The Witcher is much more story driven. Oblivion is open ended to the point that you don't even have to play the main quest. In Oblivion, you can buy homes, put crap in them, live in them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Claude:

ahhh ok I think that's y i loved Fallout 3 so much, I loved the openness of the game. I think I might give Oblivion a try, Oblivion had fast travel correct?
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Claude
    @Jman522 said:
    " @Claude: ahhh ok I think that's y i loved Fallout 3 so much, I loved the openness of the game. I think I might give Oblivion a try, Oblivion had fast travel correct? "
    Just like Fallout, fast travel becomes available after you have found it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Claude:

O okie yea I think I might look into Oblivion more, as well as look into some other open world RPG's ^^
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By demonbear

Lemme get this clear. You need to play the Witcher. Its mature, inspired by the work of Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski, its dark, it's fun. It's great fantasy. It's quite simply the best computer RPG in a long, long time. 

Get it.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Jman522: If you enjoyed Fallout 3 I think you will enjoy Oblivion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.