Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

I need a Witcher save game...pretty please?

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By obinice

Hey guys! I loved The Witcher, and when I got The Witcher 2 I found that I had the oppertunity to import my Witcher 1 save. Unfortunately I had replaced the PC I played it on, and lost my save! I never expected to have to keep it (the first game I could import a save with was Mass Effect!).

So, I spent the next 21 hours of my spare time playing through the first game again (which was a pleasure after all this time). However, I reached a point right at the very end of the game where I had to fight two Greater Brothers. I fought and defeated them, and then the screen faded out as it does when it's about to display a cut scene.

Then....nothing. Black, with the ambient sound of the dungeon.

I looked into it, and this is a bug in the game that seems to have no fix. It seems to affect the save files, and nobody knows at what point in the previous 21 hours of choices and actions actually makes the bug manifest. I looked around for Witcher 1 saves, but many of them are lost now (especially with The Witcher 1 forums having been closed at some point in the past 4 years), and the ones that remain don't contain the choices I want to bring over to my Witcher 2 game.

Then I realised that there's a community of gamers, many of which have played The Witcher and (hopefully) some will have played the game similarly to me! So, below is a list of choices I need in a save game. If you've made the same choices (or similar ones), I would dearly love a copy of your end-game save :) I've also attached a copy of my save file (from The Witcher Enhanced Edition) in case anybody would like to give that cutscene-crash a go. The save's right before the Greater Brothers fight.

Choices that must be in the save:

• Sided with the Scoia'tael
    • Romanced Shani, not Triss
    • Gave Alvin to Shani (this is probably important....?)
    • Acquired Aerondight (probably carried over, right?)
    • Acquired the Raven Armour (probably carried over, right?)
    • An overall idealistic good guy...lol

Choices that I'd like in the save, they might affect The Witcher 2, but aren't absolutely necessary:

• Saved the lab in the prologue
    • Saved Abigail
    • Completed Vizima Confidential
    • Cured Vincent
    • Peacefully resolve the conflict between Vodyanoi and Lakeside Village.
    • Spared Berengar
    • Killed the striga
    • Denied King of the Wild Hunt Jacques' soul.

I completed as much of the game as I could, I didn't want to miss anything out that might have something to do with The Witcher 2.

Well all that's left to say is thanks in advance, I hope there's a save out there that can help me XD I really want to play The Witcher 2. It's sat on my desktop laughing at me.....

My Witcher 1 save file right before the bug

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TobbRobb

I would have given mine, buuuut it seems we didn't make a single similar decision O_o.

Best of luck though, it's really a great game.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I would, but I haven't beaten it yet.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Contro

If revgabs solution doesn't work, try posting on the official forums, there's bound to be someone who made exactly the same choices. Good luck.

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Taefarinas

Hey Man,

I pretty much did all those same choices, I don't think I got the Raven armor (it was a long time ago, memory fuzzy). I personally never used my Witcher 1 saves for Witcher 2 'cause I felt that Geralt should be with Triss and not Shani. If you want some saves (I got a ton all at different points) let me know and we can arrange some type of transfer.

Cheerio and all that,

-Taef

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.