Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

Witcher Enhanced Edition

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By thebignasty

I've heard that there is going to be an update or enhanced edition of the Witcher coming out this fall.  I wanna play the game, but should I wait until the enhanced version comes out, or is that version just gonna add in some new quests or miscellaneous stuff?  I guess I'm trying to ask if I were to play it now, would I need to play it again when the enhanced version comes out to experience the new content?

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EntwineX

Well you can download it as a patch later on, or that's how I understood it. But it's a pretty big "patch" so honestly I'd wait for it if you've already managed to wait for this long. From the sound of it it's gonna improve the whole game quite a bit.

TracedVelocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TracedVelocity

From what I understand, there's going to be more character models, improved animations, fixed up grammar problems, improved load times, and a bunch of Collector's Edition-esque items included in the box. It'll also be available as a free patch for current owners of the game.

If you've managed to wait this long, I would say you can wait a little bit longer. The game is great as it is, but the fixes would indeed make a first play through a much smoother experience. I'm pretty sure it's scheduled for release this September.

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By thebignasty

Okay, cool.  I need to finish GTA IV anyway, so I'm sure that'll keep me busy until the enhanced version comes out.  Thanks!

roosterfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By roosterfeet

They re-recorded all of the English dialogue because it didn't make sense.  I have a copy and I'm waiting for the enhanced edition to play it.

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jecrell

I heard there were censorship issues. Did they fix that?

death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By death919

What's the gameplay like in this game?  Is it similar to Diablo?

NeonBlackJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By NeonBlackJack

I'm really excited to play the game, but I've been waiting for the enhanced edition as well.

Has anybody heard a release date?

TracedVelocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TracedVelocity
    Jecrell said:
    "I heard there were censorship issues. Did they fix that?
    "

The only thing I recall them censoring were the cards you could collect for "getting it on" with specific female NPCs. Honestly, not worth the bother.

death919
    said:
    "What's the gameplay like in this game?  Is it similar to Diablo?"

The game's combat pretty much consists of clicking at the right moment, and there's very little in the way of collecting loot. It focuses more on story than gameplay imo.

NeonBlackJack said:
    "I'm really excited to play the game, but I've been waiting for the enhanced edition as well.

Has anybody heard a release date?
    "

September is the current set release date.
    Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Colonel_Cool
    Jecrell said:
    "
    Only a few things were censored in the US version over the European versions. I don't think the Enhanced Edition patch will un-censor the US version. I haven't played the US version (i bought a UK uncensored import) but the nude women on the collectors cards you get after having sex with people have been altered, and some of the NPC models like the Dryads have hair covering their nipples and such. Also I think some of the language may have been toned down, but I'm not sure on this since I haven't played the censored version.
    C1t1z3nMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By C1t1z3nMac

I guess it's a matter of general censorship rules between the US and the EU, so there probably won't be many (or any) changes on that front. I'm reminded of the Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit in Europe), where the EU version had a pretty graphic sex scene that was apparently cut in the US.

The changes that are going to take place, though, they seem pretty substantial (especially the new, re-translated and re-recorded dialogue and the new quests), so personally I'm gonna wait and get the Enhanced Edition.

dwarfzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dwarfzilla
    Jecrell said:
    "
    It's gonna be unrated, I think.
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By lord_canti

u should be able to get it pritty cheep now and if the enhancements are comeing out as a patch then u might aswell get the normal version and patch it coz u know there gona charge full pc game price  for it coz "retailers like money"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.