Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

Witcher Enhanced edition on OSX

JoeBigfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoeBigfoot

Anyone tried it? Does it run ok?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

@plamenasenov said:

I'm sure it will. Other Aurora Engine games I have work fine so I see no reason why this won't.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Vonocourt

I've had it crash a couple times when trying to leave the pub outside of Vizima.

JoeBigfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoeBigfoot

@Vonocourt said:

I've had it crash a couple times when trying to leave the pub outside of Vizima.

I've heard a few people say they're having problems with wine.

I took the plunge and bought it, even though my 2009 MBP just about scrapes the min specs but I have the graphics running on "medium" and its pretty smooth. I'm impressed. Not got to the pub yet (only around 45 mins in) so I'll watch out for that one.

@mordukai said:

@plamenasenov said:

I'm sure it will. Other Aurora Engine games I have work fine so I see no reason why this won't.

Had some bad experiences (mainly with splinter cell conviction and two worlds two) which left me a bit cautious.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai

@plamenasenov said:

@mordukai said:

@plamenasenov said:

Had some bad experiences (mainly with splinter cell conviction and two worlds two) which left me a bit cautious.

Different engines.

JoeBigfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoeBigfoot

@mordukai said:

@plamenasenov said:

@mordukai said:

@plamenasenov said:

Different engines.

I know I've just never put much effort into finding out which ones work well on OSX, I dont really game on my mac much, though I'm sometimes tempted to pick up stuff I cant get on PS3. Like witcher and splinter cell.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai

@plamenasenov said:

@mordukai said:

@plamenasenov said:

@mordukai said:

@plamenasenov said:

Different engines.

I know I've just never put much effort into finding out which ones work well on OSX, I dont really game on my mac much, though I'm sometimes tempted to pick up stuff I cant get on PS3. Like witcher and splinter cell.

That's what I used to do until I caved in two months ago and just built a gaming PC.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog

I just hope this won't ruin my Steam library like Grand Theft Auto on Mac did. There has got to be a better solution that this.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm curious if I can run this on my old MBP, it ran on boot camp, but requirements tend to be higher with native mac games.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By RainVillain

Damn! Just noticed that this exists! Gunna download it now then "pull a Vinny", playing through 1 before moving on to 2 (which comes out next week for us non-PC folks!)... huh I guess I could check out the books..

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpartyOn

@plamenasenov: I have a 2008 Macbook Pro and it runs great on mine. You'll get framerate issues if you play it on medium, which should be expected, but on low it plays excellently. I HATE playing PC games on lower settings (which is why I have a mac and play console games), but honestly Low isn't even bothering me with this game. The characters still look great, the world looks good, and it's a lot of fun. Plus it's only $10...I've already got my money's worth, and I'm only in Chapter II of IV.

JoeBigfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoeBigfoot

@SpartyOn: I'm a couple of hours in now, 2009 MBP, I'm playing on medium with no problems, aside from a few crashed leaving the pub outside Vizima, lots of people reporting this issue though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.