Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 26, 2016

An exploration-focused puzzle-adventure game led by the creator of the 2008 indie game Braid. While exploring a quiet but colorful island, players must solve a series of maze-like puzzles on numerous electronic puzzle consoles.

+1s are the best thing.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

God getting +1s is the best.

Found 4, unlocked 2, no clue what the payoff to them is, but man.

Just so cool.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Yeah, they are pretty damn cool.

They are also driving me insane at points, because I just can't find the right angle (and also because I started seeing them everywhere in real life too).

noval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By noval

Yep, agreed. My first +1 was a total holy shit moment, seems like there are certain sets? Wonder if the "rows" count as a set or if the entire "thing" has to be filled.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty close to filling out the obelisk near the Zen garden and bamboo jungle.

I think these are my favorite things in this game so far. I got pretty lucky early on and noticed one immediately outside the castle tutorial section and have been on a roll since then.

I'm close to +50.

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@noval: Let me guess, it was the mountain one? :)

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noval said:

Yep, agreed. My first +1 was a total holy shit moment, seems like there are certain sets? Wonder if the "rows" count as a set or if the entire "thing" has to be filled.

They seem to be organized in columns. meaning that all the ones in a certain column are from the same rough area. makes hunting for the last ones a bit easier.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sessh: I'm finding myself looking at paragraphs while reading and tracing imaginary lines around them. Then I started doing the same thing with the lamp in my room .... then the trees in my hedge.

I think I need a break.

larmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally jumped when I discovered my first +1. It freaked me out. I saw what it was, knew what it wanted me to do, but for whatever reason when I tried it and it made that sound, I was totally not expecting it. I flinched almost with a sense of fear. It was pretty great.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the effect like it is a fuse burning and a bomb exploding, especially on the long ones. But I am not going out of my way to look for them. If I happen to see an obvious one I do it. Keeping track seems too difficult to get them all.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had done about 300 puzzles and "finished" 7 areas before I figured out my first one. I had seen that hint on top of the mountain but hadn't put 2 and 2 together. Like legit blew my mind.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just out of curiosity what did you guys find as your first +1? For me I was stumbling around the town, really having no idea how to unlock any of the panels there. Then I decided to go down to the water for a bit. When I came back I hit the perfect angle to see the ones under the little tower and I was thinking "wow, that sure looks like a panel puzzle" so I tried it and boom!

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@overnow: My first +1 was the sun reflector and paths on the ground in front of the desert temple. I actually couldn't figure out the temple at all at first and then realized that looked like a big puzzle and tried it, not knowing it was something else entirely. I just wanted to get inside man.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overnow said:

Just out of curiosity what did you guys find as your first +1? For me I was stumbling around the town, really having no idea how to unlock any of the panels there. Then I decided to go down to the water for a bit. When I came back I hit the perfect angle to see the ones under the little tower and I was thinking "wow, that sure looks like a panel puzzle" so I tried it and boom!

I saw this one (and others) and thought "Oh, that looks like a puzzle" Just never thought to actually click it and try until like my 3rd time up the mountain.

terach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ones inside the windmill were pretty cool. I literally did a double take when I happened to see them.

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overnow said:

I watched the QL before buying, so I already knew some of the early puzzle solving mechanics, the shapes the puzzels came in - especially the fact that Jeff stumbled on how to enable "solving mode" even outside the panels got me thinking. So when I started the game, I kinda knew there was going to be some hijinks and had my eyes peeled. Took me less than a minute to get my first +1, since it is actually formed by the tunnel you start in. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.